"COLD WAR" project \ Проект "ХОЛОДНАЯ ВОЙНА"

"COLD WAR" project  

26 members have voted

1. 1. good idea?

• yes
    • no
    • author gay

"COLD WAR" project

To avoid international comunication language problems(as it was on goldaion) i suggest all eng speaking go one faction and ru speaking go another. Like ely-eng, asmo-ru OR ely-ru, asmo-eng.

Проект "ХОЛОДНАЯ ВОЙНА"

Чтобы избежать проблем с языком общения на международном уровне (как это было на goldaion), я предлагаю всем, кто говорит, идти одной фракцией, а другой - другой. Как ely-eng, asmo-ru ИЛИ ely-ru, asmo-eng.

Sory about my google translate.....

Lazar    14

I think its not an good idea, because you get a "restriction" by choosing your faction. 

Imagine if all russian-speaking guys choose elyos and all english-skeaking guys asmodian, what if there are a much more populated faction compared to the other? Then you have to restrict creating characters for the more populated faction. The result would be that an english starting player has to play in an russian community or an russian guy has to start playing in an english community. My english is not very well, but i think you get what i want to say.

• Like 1

Intense    0

I think that's a very bad idea because this is will be an EU server. I dont want to play on a specific faction just because russians dont want to speak english.

There are reasons why so many english speaking people want to play on this server and that are the english LFG chat and communication while being in a raid or instance.

8 minutes ago, Intense said:

I think that's a very bad idea because this is will be an EU server. I dont want to play on a specific faction just because russians dont want to speak english.

There are reasons why so many english speaking people want to play on this server and that are the english LFG chat and communication while being in a raid or instance.

They wont speak english anyway, wont take you to bastion, wont translate siege info. The idea is to gather maximum same language speakers on the same side and make it comfortable for both language sides.

Intense    0

Since this is an EU server everything should be in english.  If they wont speak english they better not join the server. If it's really going to be like this the server will be dead very fast. The admins should really think about an "only english" rule in LFG chat and in groups/raids. If everyone agrees to speak russian in a group then it's fine.

Edited by Intense

EliceWiFi    6
18 минут назад, Intense сказал:

Since this is an EU server everything should be in english.  If they wont speak english they better not join the server. If it's really going to be like this the server will be dead very fast. The admins should really think about an "only english" rule in LFG chat and in groups/raids. If everyone agrees to speak russian in a group then it's fine.

It is not possible to be done. I can suggest you as an example AionD****** where you can find english and russian languages at the same time. Admins of Euro already did their own decision - both languages to support.

Intense    0

AionD.... is a russian server while this is an european server. If the raid/dungeons will be in russian the server will die 100%.

Edited by Intense

Ziffa    18

Splitting up people based on  being able to speak  english or not?

Sounds like a bad idea.

If someone is unable to speak english he will probably stick with people who can speak RU, same on the other way arround.

Also considering this to be an old patch, most PVE content can be done without the need of comunication,same with PVP since you can simply follow marks.

If RU people or ENG people have problem with each other,simply avoid plaing with certain kind of players.

Talking about language privilege in instances, i can get that, but "banning" people because of language barrier it's kinda racist, if the person is capable of doing dps and following,i don't see any problem,you just being a dick (for both partys).

As i said,comunication is optional,it's faster yes,but only RST require more cooperation,the others are just follow 1 players and marks.

Everyone at this point should know about SWB (i forget most part of it,but youtube it's always there with video guide)  and it's mechanics,back when i used to lead it, nobody was speaking inside TS to avoid miscomunication, a couple of marks was enough to always reach Rank S.

Edited by Ziffa
  • Like 1

Bakarma    0

Yes, I don't see any problem here either with mixed language. On the other way, I myself remember almost nothing about the Dungeons you mentioned, but hey, like in AionD.... it was never a problem to communicate and on AionD which is most RU there are very friendly people on both sides (Language) which always helps each other if someone didn't remember or know what exactly to to on a certain boss/instance.

Edited by Bakarma

Anciere    11
3 часа назад, Intense сказал:

The racism in 2019 is real?

What a nonsense. You'll better be careful with words

• Like 1

Intense    0
4 hours ago, Anciere said:

The racism in 2019 is real?

What a nonsense. You'll better be careful with words

racism if i want english in raids on a european server? 
and why should i be careful with words? i haven't said anything racism or negative about people or countries.
you should really not talk about stuff you have no clue about.

If russians speak russian in their dungeon groups or in legion chat who cares but raids and dungeon groups (which contain english speaking people) should be hold in english.

and the thing with lfg is imagine you want to run some dungeons and 4 out of the 5 posts in group search are in russian. if that's the case i could just join a russian server. no reason to advertise an european server if i cant understand 80% in lfg or raids.

i'm not against russians (my girlfriend is from russia). i just want to experience the lfg/raids in a language i understand. if im in a group and 2 people talk in russian about their day or something else i really dont care. but if it's important like raid calls, dungeon mechanics or group recruitments it should be in english. 

and this is by no means racism!

Edited by Intense

aominedaiki    7

неужели у нас так много людей не знающий английский? стыдно как то. зачем устраивать конфликт, можно в легионы собираться, а на больших ивентах, команды дублировать на двух языках.

Ziffa    18
32 minutes ago, Intense said:

and why should i be careful with words? i haven't said anything racism or negative about people or countries.

If russians speak russian in their dungeon groups or in legion chat who cares but raids and dungeon groups (which contain english speaking people) should be hold in english.

and the thing with lfg is imagine you want to run some dungeons and 4 out of the 5 posts in group search are in russian. if that's the case i could just join a russian server. no reason to advertise an european server if i cant understand 80% in lfg or raids.

i'm not against russians (my girlfriend is from russia). i just want to experience the lfg/raids in a language i understand. if im in a group and 2 people talk in russian about their day or something else i really dont care. but if it's important like raid calls, dungeon mechanics or group recruitments it should be in english. 

Just because it's called "Euro Aion" doesn't mean we are against our fellow comrades.

EuroAion was mainly born because of a vast majority of EU players coudn't "enjoy" Gold Aion because of the ping, not because of language barrier.

Admin didn't IP banned everyone outside EU just because it's an EU project, everyone is welcomed if they bring vodka

Forum and Discord already have separate sections for English and Russians.Even if you see someone spamming in LFG in russian what's the problem?

You can simply block them ya know

Edited by Ziffa

Intense    0
18 minutes ago, Ziffa said:

Just because it's called "Euro Aion" doesn't mean we are against our fellow comrades.

EuroAion was mainly born because of a vast majority of EU players coudn't "enjoy" Gold Aion because of the ping, not because of language barrier.

Admin didn't IP banned everyone outside EU just because it's an EU project, everyone is welcomed if they bring vodka

Forum and Discord already have separate sections for English and Russians.Even if you see someone spamming in LFG in russian what's the problem?

You can simply block them ya know

you clearly dont get what i want to say. your first sentence doesnt even make sense to me. i dont have anything against russians just keep the world chat and raid in english. if i wanted to play on a 4.x server and dont care about lfg or raid i'd just join aion legend. im interested in this server because it's advertised as european server.

and i really dont know why you are talking about IP ban and such because i never talked about that. 

and if you want to talk about the name EuroAion than this "EuroAion is a perfect quality private European server of Aion!" speaks for itself.

english is the language that is being used to communicate within europe.

Edited by Intense

Ziffa    18
16 minutes ago, Intense said:

you clearly dont get what i want to say. your first sentence doesnt even make sense to me. i dont have anything against russians just keep the world chat and raid in english. if i wanted to play on a 4.x server and dont care about lfg or raid i'd just join aion legend. im interested in this server because it's advertised as european server.

and i really dont know why you are talking about IP ban and such because i never talked about that. 

and if you want to talk about the name EuroAion than this "EuroAion is a perfect quality private European server of Aion!" speaks for itself.

english is the language that is being used to communicate within europe.

I get what you tryng to say, but your poor choice of words make it sounds bad

Also,forcing players to speak english even if they can't it's not gonna fix the "problem"

The chosen ones blessed with knowledge will speak english don't worry.

The rest are doomed to extinction

Edited by Ziffa

Anciere    11
5 часов назад, Intense сказал:

Euro server is not divided by English and Russians, you know. There are lots of different cultures and languages.
But if you want to concentrate on the "Russians" - i'll tell you one thing, W/o russians you would not write your racist thoughts on this forum.

One more time. I'd get it if it were a joke. But if u not. Be careful with your racist words and thoughts.

Edited by Anciere

Intense    0
8 hours ago, Anciere said:

Euro server is not divided by English and Russians, you know. There are lots of different cultures and languages.
But if you want to concentrate on the "Russians" - i'll tell you one thing, W/o russians you would not write your racist thoughts on this forum.

One more time. I'd get it if it were a joke. But if u not. Be careful with your racist words and thoughts.

? do you actually think before you write?
without russians i wont write my racist thoughts like wtf. are you on drugs?
and you said there are many different cultures and languages and which language is used to communicate with each other? yea right english.
so please dont write any more because you dont even talk about the things i mentioned.

i just want an english raid and group recruitment on a european server where many cultures and languages are used.
what language people use in groups or legion chat doesnt matter for me they can use whatever language they want. if im in a german guild i'd write german in legion chat but when i want to raid or build a group i switch to english because it's the language most people understand. 
to keep things easy and good for everyone we should use a language 95% of the people understand. 
and if thats racism for you you dont even have a clue what that word means. 

if you guys want to keep blaming me have fun with that because im out of this thread.
i have the feeling im talking with non educated people who dont even know the meaning of specific words.
and funny is you guys think im talking about russians themselves while im just talking about the use of russian language. even a german could use the russian language so doesnt really matter from which country that person is. but w/e

Edited by Intense

Intense    0
23 hours ago, Intense said:

with "russians dont want to speak english" i mean russian speaking people. guess was a bad choice of wording by my side.

Damn i didnt want a holywar here. I just wanted to do a pre start agreement about language+faction combos... Nothing more. No faction restrictions, only an agreement between people. I just want to play comfortable, thats all.