TheAlmighty

Server restart

TheAlmighty    1,054

Dear pleayers, 
The data center holding our server got into a major incident caused by fire. The firefighters got to the scene right away, but they couldn't stop the fire in the sector 2.

photo_2021-03-10_13-27-05.jpg

Our server is located in the 3rd sector, which wasn't dertoyed but was damaged.

The owner of the data center officially announced that the works on the recovery of the sectors are carriedboth during day and night.

According to the preliminary information, the approximate date for the start of the servers is disappointing - 19.03. However, there's a possibility that the problem will be solved sooner by moving the harddrives from the old servers to the new ones. Though there's no such possibility for now, we will hope for the best.

We could set the servers and start the server with a rollback of one week (the freshest backup of the database we have), but this will take 2 days of work + 1 week rollback. In the end we get even more problems than just waiting. Therefore we are NOT going to use this plan.

How will this situation influence the online of the server?

It's evident for everyone, that the influence won't be the best. We surely understand it. Some part of the players will go to some other projects, some other will stop playing.

We will do our best to keep the online we have and even increase it! While the server is down we will work on the advertisement campaigns, which will be launched right at the start of the server. We do not exclude the possibility of different kinds of events and bonuses.

We hope, that you will wait until the server is recovered.

We will spend the time we got the most profitably!

We are not going to risk and leave everything in the "burnt" data center, that is being restored at a maximum speed. It is possible that malfunctions will appear in the future due to the works held there. Therefore we have already rented the servers in the nearby data center and are setting the hardware. As soon as we get the data from our current servers, we will launch the game server.

Surely it will not go without bonuses and presents for all those, who are going to stay with us after all this downtime. Moreover, we will try to implement a range of changes for a better gameplay, including the launch of new game events. 

Answers for the most frequent questions:

1. Will my accounts and characters be deleted? - no, all the accounts, characters, items and other will be fully saved!
  2. Can I continue voting for the server? Will I receive the coins? - yes, you will receive the coins as soon as the server and the profiles on the website are launched.
  3. Will the timing of the premium account continue counting while the server is offline? - no, we will increase the timing for the premium for all the accounts.
  4. What will happen to the time-limited items, will they get removed? - no, we will prolong the timing for all temporary items.
  5. What will happen to the Glory Points, will they continue to get removed daily? - yes. Taking into account that it will influence all the players, we do not see the reason to change it. Especially that there are a lot of complaints about the amount of GP players have.
  6. Will there be a compensation for the server downtime? - yes, we've already said above, that we will not forget about the players who are staying at the project.
  7. Will the house rent be taken? - we are working to find out the anwer to this question. Will try to set it so the rent won't be taken.
  8. What will happen to the items at the broker? - they will be sent back to your game mail.

Follow this topic to get more news.

And while the server is offline, we invite you to participate in the forum event and show how much you miss the server: 

Thank you a lot for your patience and support!

Updated information (15.03):

As published on OVH website, they have again changed the approximate dates for the servers recovery. 
The network and power will be restored by March, 17 and the servers will be restarted gradually on 22.03. The information is not pleasing, but there's not much we can change.
Nevertheless, there's a small possibility, that we will be able to get our data earlier, and we really hope that it will work this way, so we can start EuroAion earlier. 

• Like 10

Dessy    22

Does that mean that all glory points will be resetet?

What about our Accounts will i need to change my email and Password again ? Because a 7 day rollback ? Or will our passwords and email stay the same ?

TheAlmighty    1,054
5 minutes ago, Dessy said:

Does that mean that all glory points will be resetet?

What about our Accounts will i need to change my email and Password again ? Because a 7 day rollback ? Or will our passwords and email stay the same ?

Nope, the gp will just continue to get removed daily as usual.

There won't be 7 days rollback, we are waiting for the servers to be recovered. 

ldfilip    47

Is the one week rollback necessary? I managed to craft exalted accs the week before the fire and might not have such luck again :S

TheAlmighty    1,054
30 minutes ago, TheAlmighty said:

We could set the servers and start the server with a rollback of one week (the freshest backup of the database we have), but this will take 2 days of work + 1 week rollback. In the end we get even more problems than just waiting.

Therefore we are not doing it.

• Like 1

bosu    12

thank you very much.

i love to see you guys in a few days again <3

have a nice time till then

• Like 2

Dessy    22

I think waiting is better since the whole community seems to be loyal i think ( and i hope ) that not many players will leave.

Let's pray all together for sooner possibility and also for everything to be going well 

• Like 2

Arcanee    1

you guys really need some serious advertising now and make euroaion attractive with good events etc. cuz im afraid that many people will leave and switch to other servers

bruti    7

Dear admin. i have bid respect. the normaly i dont care the 7 day roll back. but in last 6 day  i make lvl 65 my cleric i buy for cleric full ac and kahrun gear. plus i buy lot of  snowflake  and im lucky because i have 2 dragon lord weapon chest. that is, it was just. and this one is little bit lot of missing staff. possible any compensation? i know not everything but if missing this , big big damage for me

Dessy    22
3 minutes ago, bruti said:

Dear admin. i have bid respect. the normaly i dont care the 7 day roll back. but in last 6 day  i make lvl 65 my cleric i buy for cleric full ac and kahrun gear. plus i buy lot of  snowflake  and im lucky because i have 2 dragon lord weapon chest. that is, it was just. and this one is little bit lot of missing staff. possible any compensation? i know not everything but if missing this , big big damage for me

Don't worry there's no rollback everything will remain as it is 

Haku    29

What will happen to the time-limited items, will they get removed? - no, we will prolong the timing for all temporary items.

Does this also go for arena tickets? I was sitting on 8 discipline tickets as I hadn't had time to go in a while, but the time on all of those will have run out by next friday.

...we will try to implement a range of changes for a better gameplay.

Are you finally fixing the pvp instance dodging issues? :D

SenSen97    2

I'm cheering for you guys, you're doing great job^^ Me and my friends will be waiting for server to start once again. Good luck with everything!

• Like 1

Krizzen    0
3 hours ago, Yzix said:

Is there any date when servers go live?

Maybe 7 or 10 days at max 

Basically just stay patient :D

Alexwooster    1
8 hours ago, bruti said:

I agree you.If roll back,my weapon will back to none,and the whole week i kill mobs for selling materials for Kinah.Time is money right?

TheAlmighty    1,054
8 hours ago, bruti said:

Hey, 

As it is said in the topic, we are not going to use the 7 days plan. 

TheAlmighty    1,054
4 hours ago, Yzix said:

Is there any date when servers go live?

As mentioned in the post, the approximate date from the devs is 19/03

8 hours ago, Windy said:

I forgot 1 question to @TheAlmighty. Will the time limit of our Titles be prolonged, too? Like the premium packs?

+

8 hours ago, Haku said:

Does this also go for arena tickets? I was sitting on 8 discipline tickets as I hadn't had time to go in a while, but the time on all of those will have run out by next friday.

Are you finally fixing the pvp instance dodging issues? :D

We will try to prolong the timing for all the temporary items. 

6 hours ago, Bladegunner said:

I am wondering something if servers are down, then doesn't it mean that machines are physically off, no power source at all to maintain the server? Then, how time continues to elapse in-game? If there is no machine to maintain the server, how is it possible for in-game time to elapse. Do you run the server on your own device and store the data in the data centre? Can't you simply cut the power source completely so that server will be the same as it was before the incident? I really want to know the technical side of that why the game will continue its routine? Just out of curiosity, I appreciate it if you can explaining properly, you can use any technical statements without worry as I can understand most.

Additionally, I hope you learned something from this incident, as "example is better than precept". I really do not want to seem like a bad person, I am also sorry for the server, data centre, and the loss of people, yet I always feel the need of saying the truths. You and many people might think the current situation is not your fault but I think otherwise, I agree that the incident is not anybody's fault as long as "shit happens" we all know that, but the current situation we have here is completely your and/or OVHCloud's fault. if you do not take precaution for any possible disasters then I am sorry but it is true that this situation we have here just because of you. I do not know whether the company has offered you a second server somewhere else just in case, and you did not want to spare money for it, or the company does not have such option, but you still did not want to spare money for a second synchronous server in another company as a precaution, but I can say that a second server would make everything easy for us and the server would not be affected, after all, we simply would keep playing. Backup, backup, and backup, I think it is too significant to ignore. I hope you learned the importance of appropriate precaution and how to take them seriously. Again, I just wanted to write what I think of the current situation by evaluating its current facts, I am not trying to be offensive. I will be still here to play and I hope people will keep playing too.

Best,

That's why we have the backups and we have already rented another servers. You never get ready for the disasters. You're not sleeping ready to run our and keeping the documents in the pockets. This is something no one is ever ready for. 

But as we have said above, we have everything to run the server way earlier, but we don't want our players to lose their progress in game. 

• Like 1

alexauron    0

I think with what is going on, some people from different languages should unite and make an exact translation of what is going on, google translator can be a bit messy so people from different languages have the correct information since I am seeing the "7 day rollback panic" often among some players and very likely english is not their first language.

I can help with the Spanish translation.

Just a thought.

Chusheen    45

Its more because they read first 2 or 3 sentences and thats it. I already heard from people that whole server got wipe cuz the Topics name is "Server Restart". So they only see topic headline and believe the server will start from zero without reading it :kekw:  :awoo:

• Like 1

alexauron    0

Here is the translation in spanish, I will leave this to the discretion of the admin in case they want to back check translation and possibly pin it?. Thank you for reading.

Nuestro servidor se encuentra en el 3er sector, que no fué destruido por el incendio pero sufrío daños.

El dueño del data center ha anunciado oficialmente que se está trabajando las 24 horas para restituir los servicios.

De acuerdo con información premilinar la fecha en que puedan funcionar los servidores es Marzo 19. Sin embargo hay una posibilidad de que esto ocurra más pronto, esto si trasladamos los datos a servidores nuevos pero no hay posibilidad por el momento de que esto ocurra inmediatamente, lo único que podemos hacer es esperar.

Ahora bien, si quisiéramos restituir el servidor más pronto con lo que tenemos, habría un rollback de una semana (es el backup de datos mas reciente que tenemos), esto tomaría 2 días de trabajos, al final sentimos que esto ocasionaría mas frustración para los jugadores que simplemente esperar, asi que la decisión es no va a haber rollback de los datos y esperaremos hasta 19 de Marzo.

El futuro del servidor cuando funcione.

Evidentemente las consecuencias no serán las mejores y nosotros (Admins) entendemos perfectamente, algunos jugadores pasarán más tiempo en otros projectos y otros dejarán de ser parte de la conunidad.

Nostros haremos lo mejor para mantener el servidor online y mejorar sus capacidades de hardware y banda de conexión, mientras el servidor está offline por el momento, estamos trabajando para promover la popularidad del servidor via propagandas y ads en la red en sitios web relevantes, esta campaña empezará cuando el servidor vuelva a estar online.

Apreciamos la paciencia dispensada mientra todo esto se soluciona.

Trabajamos eficientemente en un traslado!

No nos vamos a arriesgar a dejar nuestros datos en el data center "quemado", eso nos preocupa por fallos futuros en la instalacion ya que posiblemente haya desperfectos por los trabajos que se están haciendo allí en este momento, asi que ya hemos alquilado servidores en un data center cercano y están instalando el hardware necesario, tan pronto como tengamos los datos de nustros servidores restituiremos el servicio.

Por supuesto nuestros jugadores serán recompensados por la espera y por estar con nosotros después de esta catástrofe, es mas tenemos pensado en hacer ciertos cambios para mejorar el estilo de juego, incluyendo el lanzamiento de eventos.

Respuestas a preguntas más frecuentes.

1. Mis datos están a salvo? perdí mis chars y mi cuenta? no, todas las cuentas, personajes, items y todos los datos estan guardados y a salvo.
  2. MIentras voto por el server, recibiré los Ecoins por hacerlo? - si, recibirás los ecoins tan pronto como los profiles y servidor estén nuevamente online.
  3. El tiempo de los bonos de Premium Account continúan mientras el servidor esta offline? - no, incluso incrementaremos el tiempo de dichos bonos en las cuentas que las tengan.
  4. Que pasará con los items de tiempo limitado? serán removidos? - no, prolongaremos el tiempo de uso de estos items.
  5. Que pasará con los Glory Points, continuarán siendo removidaos diariamente? - si, sabiendo que esto influenciará a muchos jugadores no vemos una razón en particular para cambiar esto, especialmente ya que hay muchas quejas de el monto de GP que los jugadores tienen.
  6. Habrá alguna recompensa o compensación? - si, como ya hemos dicho, no nos olvidamos de los jugadores que están en esto con nosotros y quieren seguir.
  7. Que sucederá con la rentas en las casas? (en AION) - Estamos viendo las posibilidades, trabajaremos para que esto no ocurra
  8. Que pasará con los items en el Item Broker? - Los items se regresará a través del "mail".

Sigan este tema para estar al tanto de lo que sucede.

Dessy    22
22 minutes ago, Bladegunner said:

I do not want to push you while we all are in a bad situation but you are making me do this. You did not even answered to my questions, those were what I asked for, but I did not get any reply. However, you are trying to justify your mistake with absurd statements, why do you not accept your mistake and be sorry for it? Is it really that hard?

You have backups for 1 week before, in 1 week many things can be lost, INEFFICIENT, yet a remarkable precaution, but INEFFICIENT.

You CAN always, of course, if you want to do so. You could rent another server BEFORE, much much EARLIER, so that you just keep the game up by using the other synchronized server, that is not really hard to think of, you need to spare more money for the best precaution, if your 2 servers got into the fire at the same time, yeah then there is nothing you can do for that, but for this situation, sorry but your fault, accept it by being mature.

As I said I would rent another server as a backup from another company just in case if something goes with the current one, I would keep the server up even if the main server burns to ashes.

That just proves how inefficient your backup is. Ridiculous.

I do not want to drive you into the corner but you are not accepting the facts, and that is something I cannot bear to ignore, sorry. Just let's not get into a fight, please. 

There's no rollback of 7 days so nothing is lost 

Desimp    46

Is there not a possibility to run a second server in a different location which can run independently from the first one?

If it is dependent on the first one, there is no sense in running it in the first place anyway.

Same with the backup. If there just is a 7 days old backup once the main server is destroyed/cut off and you are not going to use it anyway, you dont need it either way because there is no scenario in which it would be useful.

• Like 2