Iubita

Battleground

Iubita    6

Hey! Many players are AFK all the time, doing nothing. Fully geared players have nothing to do except for logging on to do EB and Sieges at most. On retail, they retained their players by constantly adding new instances, items, mobs, events etc. Everybody was getting ready constantly by farming for the next patch. On EuroAion however, because this server will forever be stuck on 4.6 (hopefully), people get bored and quit. Due to multiple reasons such as account trading not being allowed, or there not being enough things to do, people leave their accounts and simply leave. Here's a solution I have for you: Battlegrounds! As you might know, on the PvP Server NotAion, there was a Battleground (.bg) system.

BGs are pvp events that occur all day long, with no opening/closing time.
The BG events consist of:
1v1 arena. 3 rounds, the person with the most kills wins the arena.
2v2 aerna.
1v1v1v1 (4-man ffa). 3 rounds, the person with the most kills wins the arena.
1v1v1v1 (4-man ffa). Time based, the person with the most kills wins the arena.
3v3 collect the resources, time based, the team with the most points wins.
3v3 king of the hill, time based, the team with the most points wins.
3v3 capture the point, time based, the team with the most points wins.
3v3 Team Deathmatch, the team with the most kills wins the round. The team who wins the most rounds, wins the BG.
3v3 Team Killcount, time based, the team with the most kills wins.

Basic rules:
- Groups can only have 1 Templar
- If a group has x amount of supports, 2nd group has the same x amount of supports (clerics and chanters count as supports)

Rewards for winning/losing BGs:
- None. BGs are not to win prizes, as this is a retail-like version of Aion. BGs solely purpose is to entertain people. At most give a bag that's empty, unless you can think of a better idea.

Rewards for being top 3 in season rankings for BGs:
- Same as any other top players ranking reward list

Benefits that this adds to EuroAion:
- More players = more money
- More money = can invest even more in publicity/improving the server
- Players will be happy
- BGs will not affect any players

Downsides:
- The maps that will be used for BGs can't be on main EuroAion server, they will have to be added on server116 otherwise they will conflict with eachother
- More players = bigger time investment, the support team will have to expand and with it, new in-game features such as creating tickets in-game with the .ticket command should be added
- Due to there being such as large number of players, problems will occur more often, so helpers should also receive permissions such as teleporting to players, sending them back to obelisk and being able to communicate between factions (Asmo - Ely)

If this idea is something that the EuroAion team looks upon, I am able to provide more details on the gamemodes for the Battleground system. If this has been discussed before, feel free to let me know and ignore this post.

• Like 2

Raidon    108

Admins are unable to properly introduce basic retail events, yet you want them to make custom ones? Forget about it.

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello,

We are pve server and such changes from a pvp one are too far away from the point of our server. The question about ffa and pvp locations was discussed previously.

Plus, adding such feature will stop players from going to sieges. There are standard battlegrounds in the game now, and if players don't go there, why do you think they will go to these ones? 

• Like 1

Souli    22

I think is need a incentive to make people go to BGs and I do agree with this

21 hours ago, Iubita said:

Benefits that this adds to EuroAion:
- More players = more money
- More money = can invest even more in publicity/improving the server
- Players will be happy

Angrry    31
8 часов назад, TheAlmighty сказал:

There are standard battlegrounds in the game now, and if players don't go there, why do you think they will go to these ones? 

This is usually achieved with a reward. Of course, it is difficult to calculate everything so that the economy does not suffer, it made sense for many players, not just for those who will only increase the imbalance when awarded and for enough people to participate. Alternatively, the distribution of bonuses based on the results of the ten-day period (20, 30?) counting, using the top of the best awards such as Title, Skin, etc., issuing small but promising gifts such as "Beritra Army Supply Box" to a large number of participants. Also, these attributes can be made a source of shard stigma, which is really necessary for the server and everyone who is interested in pvp content (and whose expense will increase the resolution of such events).
P. S: you can log in via a command /something and announce the start in the General game chat with some frequency

Iubita    6
9 hours ago, TheAlmighty said:

Hello,

We are pve server and such changes from a pvp one are too far away from the point of our server. The question about ffa and pvp locations was discussed previously.

Plus, adding such feature will stop players from going to sieges. There are standard battlegrounds in the game now, and if players don't go there, why do you think they will go to these ones? 

Aion is a PvPvE Game. People would not stop going to sieges because you can simply close the queues during sieges and 30 mins before the siege. The current standard battlegrounds (also known as arenas) are quite popular actually among every rank and every skill tier player, not only top pvp players. This server is PvPvE like retail, not PvE since there are arenas/pvp instances, but they are once per day. Once you complete those, there's nothing left to do. I can do 3v3, 1v1, 12vs12, 6v6 everyday ONCE and 24vs24 in weekend twice. That's it. Dredgion is PvE since nobody goes in there to PvP, everyone rushes to the boss. I do PvE as well like EB for GP, and that's it. I am fully geared and I am simply bored, and I bet I am not the only one. I have seen multiple people quit EuroAion for the same reason and I do not wish to see this server simply die due to there being no activities/events/interest given out to the players from the Admin team. Give. Us. Content.

• Thanks 2

Haku    29
7 hours ago, Iubita said:

This server is PvPvE like retail, not PvE since there are arenas/pvp instances, but they are once per day. Once you complete those, there's nothing left to do. I can do 3v3, 1v1, 12vs12, 6v6 everyday ONCE and 24vs24 in weekend twice. That's it. Dredgion is PvE since nobody goes in there to PvP, everyone rushes to the boss.

I cannot stress this enough. Another thing is you might get unlucky and either get afkers or not even enemies at all (people applying and then tabbing out/going afk and forgetting about it or people dodging on purpose) and then you have no second shot at it. Making some changes to the dredgion to make it more pvp focused could perhaps work out, but at that point one might as well work on adding battlegrounds (:

Also worth mentioning, retail (at least eu) had 2 entries of both kamar (12v12) and jmr/eob (6v6).