Sign in to follow this  
Chastise

Suggestion - SWB (The Eternal Bastion) Entry

Chastise    33

Hey there,

What I wanted to share with you is a suggestion regarding "The Eternal Bastion" instance.

As it's well known, in this patch it is necessary to conquer the Icetorn Frontier Post (aka Garrison number 81 for my european fellas) in order to unlock the access to the dungeon. Now, I understand that that's how it works and that's how the patch is, but I think we can all agree that it can be frustrating when, for example, someone of your premade is late and you can't replace that person, and while you stand still waiting at the garrison the opposite faction conquers it, blocking you the access to the dungeon.

To solve this issue I've thought of some solutions that might be helpful for both sides:

1) Reduce war captain spawning time: In this way, the garrison will be conquered more often by both factions and people can get in without waiting ages for the war captain to spawn.
2) Make the war captain elite or ultimate: In this way, it would be harder to kill it (since right now it's just a normal NPC, as consequence it gets melted really eaisly) and the faction who has the garrison can try to fight to keep it.
3) Create a separate entrance in the main faction's city: in this way, everyone can enter whenever they want without waiting for ages for the garrison to be conquered by their own faction. If you don't want to "influence" the pvp activity that this option would cause, you could put the entrance somewhere in Danaria, people might still do pvp in front of it, but it would not be as frustrating as it is right now.

Let me know what you think about it, thank you!

Blackwall    16
2 hours ago, Chastise said:

2) Make the war captain elite or ultimate: In this way, it would be harder to kill it (since right now it's just a normal NPC, as consequence it gets melted really eaisly)

just no.

Chastise    33
9 minutes ago, Blackwall said:

just no.

why not? better than having a normal npc that gets 2 shotted..

Hayter    83

Blocking SWB entry for another faction is a good part of the game and a tradition. Cutting the loose ends, killing those who are late and so spoiling the run for an alliance is also a good part of the game. No No No to all your suggestions. Bastion should be entered by those who deserve it. Replace those who are late, xform and pvp to enter, etc.

Edited by Hayter

Blackwall    16
1 hour ago, Chastise said:

why not? better than having a normal npc that gets 2 shotted..

How do you propose people that just want to do their weekly garrisons for Blood Marks are going to kill an Ultimate level warcaptain?

An Elite version would do nothing against the "problem" you are referring to so it would have to be ultimate. People would need alliances for their undergeared twinks in order to get those 20 Blood Marks every week. Sounds pretty shitty? Yeah, cause it is.

Haku    29

As of right now, 81 is about the only spot in open world where you are guaranteed to find some pvp, so I'm not really a fan of moving the instance. When it was moved in 4.8 you could generally enter faster and keep a better schedule (since the entrance won't despawn) but it also significantly cut pvp activity. I agree it's frustrating when your alliance is slow to fill and you get overrun and the garrison flips right in front of you, though. Perhaps shortening the spawn time of the warcaptain is some sort of solution, but keep in mind that also shortens the time you have to regroup (so if your alliance is bad at time management you will struggle either way).

Chastise    33
1 hour ago, Haku said:

As of right now, 81 is about the only spot in open world where you are guaranteed to find some pvp, so I'm not really a fan of moving the instance. When it was moved in 4.8 you could generally enter faster and keep a better schedule (since the entrance won't despawn) but it also significantly cut pvp activity. I agree it's frustrating when your alliance is slow to fill and you get overrun and the garrison flips right in front of you, though. Perhaps shortening the spawn time of the warcaptain is some sort of solution, but keep in mind that also shortens the time you have to regroup (so if your alliance is bad at time management you will struggle either way).

Well, if my alliance is slow when it comes to regroping and the garrison get taken  while waiting the last one, we won't need to wait 30-40 minutes for the war captain to spawn again, so it would be better in my honest opinion. My idea was not to kill Danaria's pvp, but to give people a chance to either fight for the garrison by changing the war captain NPC type (because I'm sorry but it's bs to have a normal npc as war captain for that garrison) or to shorten waiting times in order to make it less "heavy" in case the garrison is lost

Konoyaro    60

1, That can work.

2, No, that would make the camp 24x7 elyos.

3, Big no. This is a PvPvE game, and I vote auto no for every suggestion which tries to remove the PvP aspect from it.