Sign in to follow this  
bambiche

Templar pull bug

bambiche    26

Hello! (hope this is the good section for that kind of report)

I've noticed that pulls from templar can often fail to attract a player. I've discussed this problem with other good templars of the server and we have the same opinion on this subject.

This bug happens with any type of pull: normal one, chain of illusion, Remove shock pull (haven't try dp 200 and dp 4k). At first, i thought it would occur because of different levels on the ground data or little obstacles (i've got bad experience with the bridge map in arena) but it also happens in sarpan with a very linear field. I tried to catch the bug on record (see below) and it occured 3 times in less than 10 min. On the first one, you can notice i don't even move because i am stunned and yet the pull of my opponent didn't attract me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbyt4RIfWvI

This bug is really annoying for us as it is our strongest control and move overall. 

I don't think this bug is related to off-like because i don't remember this problem when i played this patch on retail back then. 

Nazukiie    1

Templar pull can only be evaded (since a lot ppl still don’t know how pulls work, the pull effect is physical, only the slow effect is magical) if the skill doesn’t hit any dmg on the target like with any kind of dmg absorbing shield or Physical evade.

I would like to see a reaction from the Euroaion team here cuz it’s a really annoying and class breaking bug. 

Edited by Nazukiie

TheAlmighty    1,046

On the video we can see that the templar used the pull on the stunned character, and the pull didn't work, which is right. It shouldn't pull stunned characters according to the system.

Regarding the use of the shield to evade the pull, it is also true. Shields kind of stop the pull.

Hiraeth    6

You can also evade getting pulled sometimes but strategic jumping in my experience. Idk if bug or not.

Nazukiie    1

I would appreciate it if u would just watch the video till the end. I agree with the first pull but the others in the video are just without any kind of explanation.

seems like I have to make a video as well to show what we mean.

Nazukiie    1

just to show some more examples:

enemys had no Pull resistence Buffs or Physical Evade (every pull dealed dmg) as well as no Shield which could absorb the dmg of the Pulls

https://www.twitch.tv/nazukiie/clip/CalmKathishCrabsPeanutButterJellyTime

https://www.twitch.tv/nazukiie/clip/AntediluvianCrypticHummingbirdChefFrank

https://www.twitch.tv/nazukiie/clip/BrightArborealAniseStrawBeary

https://www.twitch.tv/nazukiie/clip/KawaiiSwissBottleTTours

sorry for the bad quality of my clips.

Edited by Nazukiie

bambiche    26
9 hours ago, TheAlmighty said:

On the video we can see that the templar used the pull on the stunned character, and the pull didn't work, which is right. It shouldn't pull stunned characters according to the system.

Regarding the use of the shield to evade the pull, it is also true. Shields kind of stop the pull.

I have to disagree with that statement, templar can't pull a player in knockback alteration which is very different than a magical stun. Knockback is for exemple the skill called "shieldbash" for the templar or the phase 2 stunning shot for the ranger. 

here is another record where i can definitly pull somebody in magical stun alteration (same as the other record which is the skill "shield counter"). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtSjmbRdlM0

My first record was legit, there is no reason i wouldn't have been pulled.

• Like 1

CCCP    3
  • урон >0
  • дистанция >1м
  • конфликт текстур
  • конфликт состояний: притяжка, разворот, опрокидывание, воздушные оковы, отталкивание
  • конфликт механики парения
  • защита от негативных эффектов: пилот, щит Джикела/Неджакана, перевоплощение: Лорд-заступник, Благословение Ру, Повышение морали и др.
  • усмирение

bambiche    26

Ye apparently this is relaited to old retail server. I don't know when they fixed it.

If you are at around 1m distance face to the opponent, the pull doesn't attract you (and that's why this occurs so many time on the bridge map). 

However with all the latency we have and depending of the ping of everyone, the game sees distances differently and pull can fail if the game thinks the opponent will be a 1m distance during pull animation. This is so annoying QQ

Nemiko    24

Idk if they will even fix that ever, they said since GoldAion(old euroaion) that they can't edit retail code client

• Like 1

Desperation    6
В 29.04.2020 в 07:07, TheAlmighty сказал:

That's sadly how you react about real problems that templars suffer suring years. TS gave you obvius evidences of existence of this bug. And this bug is STILL LIVING on retail. May you can make it better than realised on retail - that's what players were expecting to see when they come here.

The same was about not working bg of templar, but I dont know if others had the same issue. It happened pretty seldom.

TheAlmighty    1,046

As it was said, the skills correspond to the retail schemes. There are many conditions under which pull won't affect the target.