Sign in to follow this  
YEG

New ranking system

Update of gp system  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the ranking system should change

YEG    8

Hello,

As everyone seen it the server gp system is not the same of retail (the amount of gp deleted every day at 12.00 is doubled)
By looking at the ranking we can see that there is huge différences in the ranking and that even if some peoples afk for 2 or 3 months they should be able to keep their places in the top. (we can take the example of BigPanda, he did 100/200 gp on a week since 2 months and he is still great general)
Back to gameforge this type of ranking system already allowed to some peoples to just fucked up the faction by playing against the interests of his own faction.
I talked a lot with players and people proposed a simple reset of gp. Obviously i was not really for this option, it is far too much punitive for players that farm their gp since the start of the server.

So, there is servals options to having a top player active and keep the server and siege alive. I didn't affirm this option is the best but i would propose you to update again the ranking system to allow new players to reach top xforms make the server more attractive...

This system is pretty simple: At every end of the season (30 days) the amount of gp of everyone is decreased by 30 to 60% (50 seems to be good)
There is a lot of advantages: More active xforms, new player's experiences of the game is increased... And this system is also fair for peoples who farm gp since the start of the server. because they can keep the top xform that they worked during months for.

If you have any ideas to improve and make the ranking system feel free to answer to this tickets and vote.

Edited by YEG

Qelacien    2

For the first time in aion in general i see a decent topic about ranking system. I think its actually fair.

GP have two things to farm it for:

1 - Gear 

2 - xForm which most of the time used for sieges.

Would be as well great to spot those who bring their alts from the other faction in order to get more GP and ban them, but its a all new level. ( Admins could be more otften online at Sieges time )

Anyway i think its a fair system and would like to see it coming.

Лично мне нравится система, которую сделала администрация нашего проекта, т.к. если игрок не играет, то довольно быстро спускается в рейтинге, и его возможно перегнать даже новому игроку (я пришел на расу элийцев в январе, и за счет моего активного онлайна и участия во многих мероприятих я стал великим генералом. так-что я считаю, что с нашей системой очень удобно играть, и новая не требуется

Personally, I like the system that the administration of our project made. if a player doesn’t play, then he goes down quite quickly and it is possible to surpass him even to a new player (I joined the Elyos race in January, and due to my active online and participation in many events, I became a great general. so I think that it’s very convenient to play with our system, and a new one is not required

YEG    8
9 minutes ago, Balaur | ChickenLord said:

Лично мне нравится система, которую сделала администрация нашего проекта, т.к. если игрок не играет, то довольно быстро спускается в рейтинге, и его возможно перегнать даже новому игроку (я пришел на расу элийцев в январе, и за счет моего активного онлайна и участия во многих мероприятих я стал великим генералом. так-что я считаю, что с нашей системой очень удобно играть, и новая не требуется

Personally, I like the system that the administration of our project made. if a player doesn’t play, then he goes down quite quickly and it is possible to surpass him even to a new player (I joined the Elyos race in January, and due to my active online and participation in many events, I became a great general. so I think that it’s very convenient to play with our system, and a new one is not required

"he does down quite quickly" Balaur... I taken the exemple of bigpanda 2 month i am here he did nearly 0 gp and he is still on top rank..
I am agree that the system we have is better than the normal one but for me it is not enouth (and i am already grand general and i will also lost faster my xform is i stop, but it is normal.)

"он довольно быстро падает" Балаур ... Я взял пример с бигпанды 2 месяца, я здесь, он сделал почти 0 gp, и он все еще на вершине рейтинга .. Я согласен с тем, что наша система лучше, чем обычная, но для меня она не лучшая (и я уже генерал, и я тоже потеряю быстрее, моя форма - я останов

(Sorry google trad)

Reconquista    28
1 hour ago, YEG said:

There is a lot of advantages: More active xforms, new player's experiences of the game is increased... And this system is also fair for peoples who farm gp since the start of the server. because they can keep the top xform that they worked during months for.

Yes, it's a very nice advantage to reduce 60% the glory point every month, so that the top ranks like me that worked their ass off not missing a siege since day 1 will get suuuper rewarded. You are only saying this because you want the two russians in your top ranks that don't xform to be resetted. The only system that would work is by doing less than 500 gp a week, you are out of the list. There's no way that decreasing my gp by 60% a month would benefit the server, as that would mean having a Bard as governor... you get my point? ;p

• Like 1

Popipowa    0

I don't think you get it Reconquista, you will still have your governor rank after a halving of the gp, and if you keep doing what you have been doing since the beginning, you will still remain governor. Remaining at the top will just mean not slacking and that more dedicated players will replace the less dedicated ones. Your top 100 is WAY more useful than ours and it will only benefit the server to make this change. Again, it will NOT impact your top 100 if you do as many gp as you do now after the change. Stagnation on the elyos side is killing siege

Booouny    1
19 minutes ago, Reconquista said:

Yes, it's a very nice advantage to reduce 60% the glory point every month, so that the top ranks like me that worked their ass off not missing a siege since day 1 will get suuuper rewarded. You are only saying this because you want the two russians in your top ranks that don't xform to be resetted. The only system that would work is by doing less than 500 gp a week, you are out of the list. There's no way that decreasing my gp by 60% a month would benefit the server, as that would mean having a Bard as governor... you get my point? ;p

The thing is as you can see, the Top 100 elyos have 70% of people who don't use xform for a week ! (not only Innermost and razor or other people from Top10 anyway). Our push full Xform is like arround 30/40 xform (with 2/3 from Top10) (If I'm very nice) and yours 50/60 (with 7/8 from Top10), It will be better to have more xform in both side no ? Siege for 2/3 weeks is rush Honour point and then afk on one fort. The 4.6 version was great because of these Siege in katalam. If in both we can't have like 80% of actives ppls in Top 300 (that the minimum) the Siege will be dead because nobody can lead a siege without Xform and that's why in ely's side we don't have a real Raid Lead. I get your point but if you continue to do your daily's normally you will keep your governor title. 

Reconquista    28

Dude we had the same problem months ago, of course we complained about it but we worked around the fact of not having many xforms. At some point you just used 3 waves of xforms while we used every singe one of then in the first xform push you did. We experienced the same thing, we asked for what i said earlier "The only system that would work is by doing less than 500 gp a week, you are out of the list", so people that don't even play get out of the rank in the span of a week, not taking months like what happened to Dagoma, that then came back for one day and got his rank back... xD.

And it isn't the same thing that if you half one guy's GP, for example if I am at 100k GP and you halve it, I'd have 50k, meanwhile the top 2 that has 90k, gets halved to 45k. The difference is now 5k between our ranks, instead of the 10k i worked hard for, that's what I meant earlier. And yeah I'd keep my governor rank, but I'm not tryharding for it anymore, im not doing 6 hyperions a week xD. Other people would be able to easily outrank me.

Idk, i keep thinking that halving one's GP is a bad idea, but just taking them out of the rank if they don't contribute enough per week. And, just to be clear, i want the sieges to be balanced, its not like I want to keep it like it is so that you don't have enough xforms... as you said this patch is the best for sieges, and that's why I'm playing here.

• Like 1

Popipowa    0

500 Gp per week is extremely easy to do, the goal of this change is to be able to beat the top ranked by tryharding in a shorter amount of time, what you are advocating for is for you to be able to tryhard for a bit of time then sit on your lead for a long time and do w/e the fuck you want with it. That's exactly what we want to avoid with this system. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what you say in your second paragraph, all of the downsides you see are the upsides we see, there is no reason you should keep governor rank if you are not tryharding 24/7, why should you ? Other people want to invest more time and more energy, and you shouldn't be rewarded for having taken a long term lead, top 100 should reflect the most invested player AT THAT TIME, not 1-2-3 months ago.

Taking someone out of the ranking system, i.e. setting their gp to 0 after one week of under 500gp contribution is absolutely minimal, you would have to avoid doing any siege and not do swb, litteraly being afk a week means you're out of the game instead of deranking which is already quite fair on this server with the double rate.

What this system advocates is increasing the TURNOVER RATE of top 100 players, which can only have a positive impact on the game for everyone. I don't know if you realize how crippling it is to have our top 100, even our top 3, siege has been trash for most of the time since i joined, commanders can't speak english properly if they try at all (it is not my first language btw so they have no excuses), siege could be so much better instead of asmodians camping prades killing ppl out of gp zone and elyos camping bassen doing exactly the same and everyone is bored.

YEG    8

Please stop using sophisme... I sayed 30 to 60% (and 50 seems good for me) don't be so dramatic like a oh my god they will reset all my gp that i farm since month !!!

Your last intervention seems to me more "thinked" (well i didn't had the word but u understand)

I understand your position. but now think as a new elyos player passionate as you by siege.... He spawn on the server he have 13k hp to do to get xform ant the time he climb it based on actual evolution he will have 15k. And the server was not truely active between January and February now with COVID we gain a lot of population so obvious he will have to do more hp also to keep it.

Now think about a player that come in like 3 or 4 month, like i did on Gold Aion i came late, and it took me 3 months to climb a 5star. And because of the fact the xform were locked up, the siege on the server was just dead. Same think will happen to EuroAion. Dead sieges rush gp sieges no fun att all.

You talked about last silus siege that the fact we used 3 waves of xforms (don't be foul, the xforms was not coordinated, and we took the fortress only bcs you hadn't lead, hadn't league, and the defenders didn't do their job) In fact in every siege your xform push is a way more impactful and you can't say the contrary, in 1 entire month of siege we win only 1 xform vs xform fight : we had hellfire array....)

Again, this system have not for only goal to punish top-ranking xforms (as i will punish my self also, and i don't realy like BDSM...)  but just to balance it a bit. Gameforge did full reset without any warning, this was too extreme...
We have to find a balanced way to manage this problem... Your solution with a cap to 1000 gp could maybe solve the afk problem. But the fact that you react like this on the thread is kinda disappointing me, i thought you were less selfish.

Reconquista    28
5 minutes ago, YEG said:

You talked about last silus siege that the fact we used 3 waves of xforms (don't be foul, the xforms was not coordinated, and we took the fortress only bcs you hadn't lead, hadn't league, and the defenders didn't do their job) In fact in every siege your xform push is a way more impactful and you can't say the contrary, in 1 entire month of siege we win only 1 xform vs xform fight : we had hellfire array....)

No no no, i talked about a couple months ago, sorry for misunderstanding. Back then we didn't have commander/governor, I think you didn't play at that time, tho.

6 minutes ago, YEG said:

We have to find a balanced way to manage this problem... Your solution with a cap to 1000 gp could maybe solve the afk problem. But the fact that you react like this on the thread is kinda disappointing me, i thought you were less selfish.

And yeah i mean maybe 500gp is too little, I just said it as an idea. And no i don't want to be selfish here, I just don't want some solo contri ppl to overtake my rank, to then use dumb xforms like Innermost, i think you get my point. Because at some point it will happen, I'm not grinding GP as much, i need to go on allis to siege most of the time while half the server goes solo...

YEG    8

6 minutes ago, Reconquista said:

No no no, i talked about a couple months ago, sorry for misunderstanding. Back then we didn't have commander/governor, I think you didn't play at that time, tho.

And yeah i mean maybe 500gp is too little, I just said it as an idea. And no i don't want to be selfish here, I just don't want some solo contri ppl to overtake my rank, to then use dumb xforms like Innermost, i think you get my point. Because at some point it will happen, I'm not grinding GP as much, i need to go on allis to siege most of the time while half the server goes solo...

Ok, my bad on this interpretation^^ Yes i was not here and as the story i eared, there were a deal to don't tutch eatch other forts ath this time between asmo and elyos (maybe i am wrong and ppl told me bullshit, but this is another story)

To be honest i had already think about the system to move afk ppl from Classement and initially, i arrived at the same conclusion as you we have to remove ppl from their rank if they didn't do enough gp and after they can come back if they were active again. The system already exists but is pretty useless at this moment... And i arrived at the conclusion that this is a good thing for afk, but it is still not fair for new players.

To be honnest i don't think you have to give up every rank 1 in siege... Be in alliance (or more optimized if u have the calls in the vocal as u do in an optimized group) can allow you to have rank 1 even if some player make some solo contri, but obviously your group have to don't be afk...) 1 month ago we had a group and we still managed to get nearly full rank1... And don't forget that you can have the rewards from the defense of a fortress. I don't think you will be outranked, at least if you try hard a bit, i think u can manage to keep it up to the time you get boring and you start to stop the siege. Making 6 Hyperions a week is only 200hp more/7 days.

Dumbs ppl didn't grind the ranking ;) the only reason immer is at the top of this ranking is that he bought his acc nearly 20k gp and the fact that the character is playing since the start

• Like 1

Booouny    1
4 hours ago, Reconquista said:

Yeah I know, I was playing at this time and yes, I was great general asmo at this moment, when we try to be together but ararma was disagree with turbo for something about the siege anyway, so elys take all green because they play together. I don't care about the rest of the drama and I don't remember the actual situation anyway, But you can't compare both things and the goal of that reset of gp is to make the siege decent about xform, if you don't want to loose your rank then just tryhard HP everydays. I don't know where is the problem. You prefere to play without fun but with governor title and gear or play a very funny game but without governor title and gear ? BTW you said a bard xform governor is useless. So a gunner Governor xform is not useless aswell ? It's the same argument and normally you have a sorc before to take the gov place. Actually we don't need to take the top 3, we just need an actif top 3 and not playing for them but for the faction. and If we compare your top3 on siege for orders, today on siege, we got 0 calls from commender tchat so we can't do anything because people don't want to do the siege with league because they will loose HP blablabla...., people can't follow orders without any information. You are not agree with this idea because you will loose the governor place, That's it !

• Like 1

Tia    31

I gave up my xform on Elyos side voluntarily because of how messy the sieges are. You cannot expect people to participate in sieges forever when there is no unity, no coherence and no coordination. Sieges should be fun, but every single siege we had except 1 week or so when Hametsu was the fresh leader has been nothing but GP farming, zerg vs zerg with no actual purpose and no challenging fights to be had. It's just contribution hunting. Why would you want an xform rank when there is nothing to do with it. You can follow the leaders calls all you want but 1, 5 or even 10 xforms will not make a difference in the long run. You need the league to listen and people to be on VoIP to follow commands and provide feedback to the leaders quickly, otherwise it will never work.
Also, it did not take me long to get 5 star at all. I was almost general before I stopped (on Elyos side), and I never even did arena of harmony, arena of glory, engulfen ophidan bridge, kamar battlefield or iron wall warfront. All I did was go to siege everyday and do bastion and my solo arenas. Almost general in a bit more than 2 months of active playing. That is nothing. Climbing the ranks on this server is incredibly easy. On retail I had 128 000 glory points and I was not even close to reaching 5 star after 3 years of active playing.

• Like 2

There is simply no leader on the Elyos. We need a good leader who can unite us together, that’s the whole solution to this problem. Judging by the number of people online, during the siege, the Elyos are a little over 700 people. Really no one can take our race into their own hands and begin to command it? Assume that the GucciGussi legion does not join the league. Is it necessary to cry because of this? If the teams are normal, then we will be able to win, well, or try to compete with another race. If you have new x-forms then this will not give you a good leader. Hametsu drove the siege well, but decided to stop it. Find a new leader and you will get fun in the siege.

• Like 1

Hiraeth    6

Having no leader is part of the elyos problem but it is irrelevant to the topic. Having inactive xforms is another issue and it affects both sides although not equally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 минут назад, Hiraeth сказал:

Having no leader is part of the elyos problem but it is irrelevant to the topic. Having inactive xforms is another issue and it affects both sides although not equally.

inactive x-forms have always been and always will be. A new leader can try to make these people active, give them meaning to play. How do you check the activity of x-forms if no one leads us to siege? How can I be active so that you see? every day use x-forms at the beginning of the siege and smash against the gates of pradeth fortress?

with all of this, I just want to say that x-forms can be active if we have a decent leader who will unite the race.

Edited by Balaur | ChickenLord

Haku    29

It was easier to rank up a few months ago when the server had 6-700 players at peak time, though. I was also nearly general myself when I quit for ~2 months around the middle of January. When I came back I was still around rank 80 and could more or less keep that with ~250 gp gain/day, but when the server started tipping the 1k population point I was dropping more rapidly.

I think a 30-40% cut every 2-3 months might be a decent solution. (We were also arguing with GF about this when this patch was live, too. Those who did every siege at the start of 4.x when there was 2-3 sieges/day racked up such ridiculous amounts of gp new players had no hope of ever reaching xform within years). We don't know how many people will remain on the server after COVID measurements start loosening up, but I'm quite sure it's more likely people will stay if they had a good time while playing here during quarantine, and for some people being able to reach a siege rank within a reasonable time frame counts towards that.

I also agree that it's the best for the faction if the top 30 at least are active players, but I think it's not realistic expecting them to play "for the greater good". Every single league I've ever been part of in this game ended up splitting over selfish disputes. It's also not going to help much when everyone and their dog thinks they know better than whoever's doing siege lead yet still blame siege lead for failed tactics (sort of hard to see whether the calls were good or bad when most people don't follow them) and then are somehow surprised when they don't want to lead anymore. Of course it would be nice though if our generals+ play in league or at least follow the lead calls.
Atm top 2 legions ely side don't join league and just sit in their own fortress for the entire duration of siege btw with 82 and 92 respective members. Ofc idk how many of those players are active, but there's a pretty sizeable chunk of white names with those legions sitting around during siege.

Edited by Haku
there were more replies so the bit I erased at the end fit in after all

YEG    8

You both talked well....

Balaur : You haven't the backstages of leading, when hametsu and I came to this server we had a great hipe, but even at this time there were still a big problem of following in the elysean faction. And we goes a bit out of the topic, but siege is kinda linked to rank. The think that elysean don't realy follow was and is because most of them didn't even see the calls, we haven't vocal (or maximum 30 ppl on it) and we are maximum 130 on league. So when we have 250/300 ppl on the map, maximum 150 see the call in this 150, 60 to 70 will follow it. You can't win a siege with 70ppl. The only think to do is having a vocal (mumble or teamspeak cuz discord devs are too dumb to make a whisper fonction on it...) and having a maximum of peoples on it. Option 2 is to have a commender who can follow and repeat the moves. The real think is we don't care that gussi didn't follow calls, they are selfish asfuck we all know it...

Btw hametsu stop the lead for 3 main reasons : 1 elysean stop follow, 2 Asmo can't do a siege without spying on elysean accounts 3: we were alone to planed everything

• Thanks 1

YEG    8
46 minutes ago, Haku said:

I think a 30-40% cut every 2-3 months might be a decent solution. (We were also arguing with GF about this when this patch was live, too. Those who did every siege at the start of 4.x when there was 2-3 sieges/day racked up such ridiculous amounts of gp new players had no hope of ever reaching xform within years). We don't know how many people will remain on the server after COVID measurements start loosening up, but I'm quite sure it's more likely people will stay if they had a good time while playing here during quarantine, and for some people being able to reach a siege rank within a reasonable time frame counts towards that

We never have 3 siege a day, maximum was katalam+abys in same day. And gf have always suck on his classement management, they do fully reset but none know when or why. The do only 1 none fully reset and it was for the 4.5 update when ranking pass from AP to GP it was a /1000 (you had 1 000 000 ap, tadam u have 1000 gp)

Haku    29
11 minutes ago, YEG said:

We never have 3 siege a day, maximum was katalam+abys in same day. And gf have always suck on his classement management, they do fully reset but none know when or why. The do only 1 none fully reset and it was for the 4.5 update when ranking pass from AP to GP it was a /1000 (you had 1 000 000 ap, tadam u have 1000 gp)

My bad, I was looking at old patch notes (where every kata-dana fort was split into different hours) since the only thing I do remember is there was so much sieging it was exhausting. You made 1k+ gp every single day so when that suddenly changed to the system we currently have that gap was incredible. It's ofc not quite the same here, but I meant to support the point of it's certainly easier to chill at the top if one played from the start, even if one is not as active anymore atm.

Edited by Haku

YEG    8

@Admin Voted LMAO, i guess you can just close the topic, keep closing your eyes on what happen on your server and enjoy the 60% player décreased after the end of quarantine cuz siege still fucked up and ppl are boring.

Btw i would have made the same answer no matter your vote the fact that you as admin you vote instead of just earing the community and come back to us with an answer after a discussion with the staff to explain to us why the staff's position is for a change or against it, maybe it is just not possible cuz technical issues idk...

I am sorry, but for me, the role of the staff team is not to vote, you can debate it is not a problem, it is always a good thing... And at the end after taking into consideration every point of view and technical issues come back to us to explain your decision.

• Sad 1

Booouny    1

If you want to speak about the impact of xform on siege, It's simple. If elys will xform before asmos, asmos will counter xform and they will just erase elys because :

1stly - You have more xform than us (active and use for fight on battleground not to kill npc to make HP like guccigussi people or others)

2ndly - We have 0 communication because of people don't know when its the moment to xform

3rdly - People scared about using Xform when only 10 peoples (yes sometimes only 10xforms vs 40/50) because they will die

1 hour ago, Balaur | ChickenLord said:

inactive x-forms have always been and always will be. A new leader can try to make these people active, give them meaning to play. How do you check the activity of x-forms if no one leads us to siege? How can I be active so that you see? every day use x-forms at the beginning of the siege and smash against the gates of pradeth fortress?

with all of this, I just want to say that x-forms can be active if we have a decent leader who will unite the race.

The problem actually, Hametsu and Yeag try it in ely side, but some people don't want to follow them because, oh no they don't let me 1 fort (guccigussi drama anyway), oh no the priority isn't to defend my fort (and I think you know who I'm talking about Balaur if you don't loose your brain), oh no I will lose some HP If I join the league (A lot of people in ely side sadly), oh no I prefer to use my Xform to do some PVE (cuz PVE is bae OULOULOUL). The problem isn't to find someone to unite the faction, but people need to stop think about their proper person and follow one time a FCKING leader. (We will try something soon) make sure people will try together to do something. IF YOU SEE THIS MESSAGE, IF YOU ARE A LEADER OF LEGION WITH A LOT OF PPL OR XFORM OR DECENT PLAYER just whisp the person who will try to lead and help him. People can't solo lead this faction if people are selfish or unbrainded and maybe we can tag like 2 forts min in Katalam Siege (actually I don't speak about abyss siege cuz I don't like it and a lot of people don't like it) but if Balaur you can understand that maybe it will be good !

@Admin voted no. Can we have a reason for this vote ? I mean just 20 peoples say yes against 6 (you also) sadly we never seen the admin point of view because, I never admin do somethings for some violations rules (I think I don't need to give some details because you know what I'm talking about if you respond for people in report tchat of the forum) Please aswer us because, It's a real topic and not a stupid one thank you ! 

Sonata    3

@Admin

If you make the same mistake as the official by thinking only of the money that the server brings back by listening only to the people who Cash shop like Reconquista. In a month the server will be gone again. Russians are lost no need to take their advice :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2