Sign in to follow this  
rulai

Stigma Shard

yujnx    20

I can agree with one point, that changing stigmas was never that expensive on retail(s), and it simply shouldn't be.

Kikoro    11
6 hours ago, Konoyaro said:

If you are veteran korean MMO player and studied economics I'm not even sure why you are struggling then or what are we talking about, you should be a billionaire by now on this server. I got 131kk at the moment without even trying. Every cleric has the same disadvantage as I pointed. You just want to get advantage with your wallet.

I believe you are just missing the point entirely O.o 

I never said I was broke ingame either, again thats just your assumption, I currently have around 400kk and regularly make a couple hundred kk however thats not the point. The point is the ballance between the economy and the expense of a vital part of the game and how this ballance is supposed to look like and the current status quo. 
If your whole counter argument is "well I dont have this problem" then maybe just butt out and stop wasting time arguing a mute point. 

I am NOT here only for my self interest, while I get horribly annoyed each time I got to spend millions on shards that I usually would spend on actual gear progress, I can still play my main somewhat, I just have to go jmr on pve stigmas or swb on pvp etc. which is annoying as fuck and NOT what this game is meant to be like. 

@DevWolx Sure would be the best sollution but Im pretty sure the required work for that would be tenfold of just adding a pack to the cashshop. Also Im not even sure if they have that kind of editing capabilities in the engine they are running this on. 

• Thanks 1

berousing    10
On 5/26/2020 at 9:28 AM, Konoyaro said:

This is a hardcore korean MMO and it's basic element is farming. Adding stigma shard to shop and skipping this basic mechanic half of the game built on and giving yourself advantage with your wallet is the definition of pay to win. Ask your legion to help you if they are using your services, or go farm. go farm. Don't have time to farm? Then Aion is not a game for you, play Final Fantasy 14 or something, where you are less needed to. I'm playing a chanter where I also have to swap stigmas. Deal with it.

bulshit, bullshit and again bullshit.

"this basic mechanic" " giving yourself advantage" "pay to win" we're talking about stigma shards dude, stigma shards, the white thing you use to change your stigma, what are the advantages i give to myself when i respec dps or heal as cleric ? or are you just copy pasting some shit from another forum without having any clue what we're talking about?

"Ask your legion to help" you have no idea what i already tried before coming here to talk about this serious issue.

"go farm" i'm tempted to be harsh here, but i'll stay nice.

" Don't have time to farm" Ok, i used to farm 18 hours straight, my stream is there you can see me waisting 10 hours in the eye, that said, you really just lack any sort of good sense (not to say you're completely retarded). shall someone farm 4 hour / day to to change his stigma ? have you tried to farm as healing cleric ? comon.

all the rest is still bulshit FF, we know Aion, i've been playing it since 1.7 you have nothing to teach anybody here.

Stigma shards are shit, i was so pissed off that i havent played since 3 days spending 30 Million kinah / day will not make me progress anyhow.

• Thanks 1

Konoyaro    60

"The white thing you use to change your stigma, what are the advantages i give to myself when i respec dps or heal as cleric ?"

If you use your debit card to buy white thing, then you have more white thing, than the player who can't or don't. It's called paying to be better with real money, commonly known as pay to win. You solved the problem with essentially an additional micro subscription to the game.

""Ask your legion to help" you have no idea what i already tried before coming here to talk about this serious issue"

You can also elaborate on that, forums are for exchanging ideas in a civilised manner, rather than berating or insulting. I have no problem with the latter, but it would be really more productive. In our legion the eco system works very well, but we know each other for almost a decade now, from old Aion patches and retail. Many times I just give people who in need without asking anything in return (inside legion) which is - i think - nice. If the legion relies on your service, won't be a bad idea to introduce "legion tax", where people, who switch stigma rarely put stigma shards in legion warehouse, and hand it out to clerics.

""go farm" i'm tempted to be harsh here, but i'll stay nice."

You do know Koreans love farming, and that is how their MMOs are designed that you are currently playing. I also assume the owners of the server don't want us to reach everything under a short period of time, because there will be never a new patch again to this server. Consumables and farming are artificial game time increase designed into the game to provide content until the next expansion arrives.

"" Don't have time to farm" Ok, i used to farm 18 hours straight, my stream is there you can see me waisting 10 hours in the eye, that said, you really just lack any sort of good sense (not to say you're completely retarded). shall someone farm 4 hour / day to to change his stigma ? have you tried to farm as healing cleric ? comon."

Slightly faster than farming with a chanter, i know it's not a pleasant thing, I did farm alot too, so we share the pain. This server has a nice addition, which are frequent 2x drop week(end)s. I'm sure if you specifically target mobs with good stigma shard drops, + this event, you get your amount you require very fast. I'm still in early phases on EuroAion, so I cannot map this out, but if you would like, I share my experience where's the best to do more and quick.

"all the rest is still bulshit FF, we know Aion, i've been playing it since 1.7 you have nothing to teach anybody here."

Good to know, I play from 1.x as well, not sure about the specific patch, started when the coolest server was Infinite Aion.

Edited by Konoyaro
  • Like 1

berousing    10

Ok starting from this point it's just to answer, Dear M. Konoyaro

"Than the player who can't or don't. It's called paying to be better with real money"

It's not my fault if you were born a parrot, repeating meaningless slogans. I can argue with you a year, it won't make you smarter. There is strictly no advantages here, it's only about "strictly" being able to play or not (i.e you can't go to IS to heal with DPS build, shall i give more examples?). Many times a week i buy a stack of 10.000 stigma shards at 35M, it's almost every single day actually. Where's the equity here? on the retail there are way more players/bots that make these shit accessible to everybody. I do not honestly care if it is on the shop, there's a need to make them lower price it's the basic idea (I do not have any issue with shards on the shop, in the worst scenario it will help to keep this server alive, it's not Gameforge, it certainly a small group of people trying to leave with their passion, as far as there is NO advantages i will use my credit card to get these shards from the shop, and then, will i be over powered ? nah, i will just play the spec required for my group). dude since when changing spec is an advantage, and since when shards at 3700k/u is a normal omg a korean basic farming element if you're pewpew not ok aion is not for you, crazy.

"Blah blah civilized manner blablah"

You're crazy, your post offended me so hard, your ignorance and indifference gets the shit out of me. Calling saying bullish is not an insult it's a reality, it's not "swipe left swipe right" a picture, it's something that many players are really struggling with, it's an economical problem, while some have accessories +5 +6 some are just trying to respec and if they're not happy the game is not made for them? you want a constructed, civilized discussion here a quote "If you don't have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all". Give me one single constructive thing in the whole things you wrote, including "go farm". Ask your guild : i did, ask in /3 i did, go farm, i did but i can't farm 4h each day sorry.

Slightly faster than farming with a chanter

Dude, i'm talking about concrete thing, i'm a cleric, my SWB that i'm not able to attend anymore is at 18:00, i can manage to do KKM maybe after, then RVR at 22:00 i have to go DPS cause clerics also don't get anything 99.99 of the time in heal, then there are instances that require you to go heal (RST, Grendal). and i'm not even talking about Dredges It's a nightmare everyday. I'm not the poorest player on the server, other may be struggling more then me and i'm asking a small consideration for all of US.

Cleric is high cost to gear, don't get confused, no one starts playing Aion with main objective to have the biggest stack of stigma shards. So please, if you would like not to make pple angry against you, keep the frozen meal far from your answers (go farm, ask legion, this game is not for you, final fantazy etc)

Cheers

Edited by berousing
  • Like 3

Tia    31

I think the stigma shards are a problem as well, just want to say that all the PvE content in this patch is perfectly doable in a full DPS build if you just throw in Splendor and Flash instead of 2 DPS stigmas. I used a build like that on this server the whole time I played my cleric and I never had problems healing anything, much less IS. IS is incredibly easy to heal unless you don't have a proper tank. Scratch that, even if a sin is tanking, it's incredibly easy to heal.
The only thing you need to switch your stigmas for is DLR and group PvP. But I agree that stigma shards should just be added to the general goods merchant. It would not hurt anyone at all and would prevent the exploitation of certain classes by the market.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

berousing    10

Thanks Tia, i really like the idea,

IS is easy i used to solo heal it pre nerfs on the retail (players was over geared thou). But when fully geared (heal and dps wise i'm not there yet) and Socket with few healing boost manastone or if you are playing with friends  (or organized players, or people you know they're geared) i mostly play with pickups for IS (i saw many with blue parts there), SWB PVE, RST and sometimes it's chaotic <Benevolence I> with it's 250 HB is a real breeze.

Thanks again for taking your time to help.

Konoyaro    60

[...]Many times a week i buy a stack of 10.000 stigma shards at 35M[...]

I don't know if you already thought about this, but did the thought ever occurred to you not to change stigma sets multiple times a day, but make a schedule when it's needed? I only had to switch full PvP tree this week once for 7 arena tickets, for the rest of the week I remain on support / semi DPS. Out of curiosity I looted a few mobs in Katalam (most of the time I just leave them there while doing garrisons), and they drop like 10-11 each. If I would really need that stigma amount I just empty my inventory, get a looter pet, switch on dps, and farm multiple tens of thousands of it. If you check it carefully, many people does this, they are the ones you buying the stigmas shards from.

[...]Give me one single constructive thing [...]

That's exactly what I'm doing. Even though you are hostile to me, I'm trying to help you. I listed a few solution to you, now another above. From what I'm seeing you are switching stigmas way too often and losing the money you get. I get it, being on support all the time can be boring, but if you want to dps that much, I'd really consider to reroll to a different class. Besides this forum, I never heard anyone complaining about stigma prices, I don't see this a general problem. Whole stigma sets aren't supposed to be switched completely multiple times a day, or even a week. Partially maybe. Stigma shards designed to control this mechanic, and without bots, it doing it just fine. Makes people to learn stigma balancing and make rational choices.

[..]I forget, konoyarô この野郎 means asshole in Japanese .. just forget to say.[...]

If you don't say it, I will never know. Someone took that name away form me...

Tia essentially said what I did a while back, but you are clouded with anger. Chill, it's just a game. You need to work on your anger issues. I suggest follow her / him advice then, not mine. :) She's / He's right!

Edited by Konoyaro

Hiraeth    6

I agree that something has to be done about stigma shards. At the moment the few classes which can get away with one build rip off other classes which are not so lucky. THATS the actual advantage stigma shards give. I currently stay support most of the week because of swb every day - maybe some pro people can heal Def group in DPS but I definitely can't and don't want to risk 24 people's work go to waste. Doing anything in OW is a torture - you can't fight back unless you outgear your opponent by a ton, farming shards and crystals for instance is TEDIOUS with the 4 skills we can use - and I'm not switching for just one hour a day. I already only do arenas once a week - and pray that I kill enough people to get the return on this at least (killing 5 gives 700 stigma shards). I skip Tia sieges all week except for one day cause I can't get shit on support build - not changing even 2 stigmas just for 15 min twice a day. Katalam and abyss - basically I either switch 2 supp stigmas for DPS if I can afford or just DPS in support and hope for the best. Alternatively not going at all cause it's NOT FUN to try to kill things on support. Basically, IMO I should not be forced to juggle like this and consider/skip every activity in the game through my current stigma build while some classes can just go yolo and have fun with all stigmas same all their life  or maybe swapping one or two. I honestly don't care what measures could be implemented but it can't stay like this...

• Like 3

Desperation    6
On 26.05.2020 at 10:28 AM, Konoyaro said:

This is a hardcore korean MMO and it's basic element is farming.

That's your main miss. It's Korean MMORPG, but server is EU.

Also I dont get why do some players emphasize that if some feature was implemented by developers, then it's how game must work. "It's part of a game" - so what? The fact they implemented stigma shards, godstones and other things doesn't mean it was correct decision. Furthermore, the fact it was mistake to implement these pointless items was confirmed by next updates when shards and godstones (for example) were removed.

Now don't need to say "go play another server with more fresh update if you wanna play without stigma shards" - it just was example. I already know opinion of publisher (EuroAion) about these changes - they have objections. So, if don't want/can't to remove them, then make them more available. Then some classes like clerics can play fullpower. Yes, you can play fullpower now, but be real - the most of them don't switch stigma builds when they would like to or change only some of them cause they are afraid of losing so much money. Or maybe afraid of stigma shards get disappeared from broker - yes, it's posible. Yesterday all courage scrolls disappeared from broker, for example. And again there was opinion - don't need to send playes grinding just for stigma shards.

For example, yesterday I changed stigma to dps, went kata and we failed cause templar doesnt know how to use iron skin at the beginning. Is it my fault? No. But I spent stigma shards and x10 strange Id for that. Then I switch to support to do sauro as solo healer. Not bad, right? You must farm money and stigma shards to get opportunity to farm (in katalamize). Farm to farm - it's Korean style. And here we are again coming back to my first sentence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Konoyaro    60

"That's your main miss. It's Korean MMORPG, but server is EU."

Great observation, but the game still a Korean MMORPG, even, if the server is on the moon. And I don't want the game to be butchered because a few EU players can't handle hardcore. Gameforge already did that.

"Also I dont get why do some players emphasize that if some feature was implemented by developers, then it's how game must work. "It's part of a game" - so what?"

Yeah, let's just drop in everything into the game and let people reach full endgame set+15 and accessories under 2-3 weeks and let the server die off. So what? Tempering solutions are not widely available, why not add them too. I don't have enough kinah to farm, why not sell kinah in shop or hand some out. Clerics don't have to farm for power shard and I have to why not add them also into the shop. Oh the crafting materials are too expensive, please add them to the shop. And I can go on, for a long time.

"The fact they implemented stigma shards, godstones and other things doesn't mean it was correct decision.

This wasn't your shot to call. This server is retail like, so they follow retail standards. Don't want to grind shards, etc, you can always play !Aion, or some crappy high rate ps, where barely anyone plays, for a reason.

Furthermore, the fact it was mistake to implement these pointless items was confirmed by next updates when shards and godstones (for example) were removed.

Please read my previous comments, i hate to repeat myself. When Aion team removes something which is a kinah sink, they add another (stigma enchanting, +20 enchanting, etc). It wasn't removed because it was a mistake, it was removed to give place to something worse.

Now don't need to say "go play another server with more fresh update if you wanna play without stigma shards" - it just was example. I already know opinion of publisher (EuroAion) about these changes - they have objections. So, if don't want/can't to remove them, then make them more available.

That's exactly what you have to do, go somewhere else. There's already way too much items in the shop if you want to be top competitive, now a few clerics wants to get wallet advantage to shit on player's who don't want to spend on it, that's all about. Yesterday I lost 12.5 million on a stigma switch for an instance which was called off, so I had to switch back, essentially for nothing, and make that money I lost back in half hour. The veteran players, including me are continuously monitoring shop content, and when it's crossed the border, we are off. Stigma shards would not be the final straw, but every little addition like this is moving this closer. You are used to play on a server, where bots ran around unpunished and market was flooded with stigma shards almost free. The game was not designed for that, not for a cleric switching stigma trees multiple times a gear. The game was designed to make careful skill switch decisions. Stay on heal unless you are absolute needed on dps, which in case of your class, it's 1-2 days a week.

For your closing: Koreans don't tend to farm with cleric, or other bad DPS classes, they have an alt, for example a gunner to do that (and I'm raising currently one just for that). At least how it was in 4.x. Out of the handful of suggestions I left in this topic, I also add this. Having full dps on cleric only serves solo instances / pvp and Arena of Discipline / Glory.

image.png.289a0962c0e35c68c10c75ce126d5f98.png

My current money with 0 effort I made on chanter because I can make good decisions and better planning. I don't even started farming or crafting consumables yet.

Edited by Konoyaro

berousing    10

Konoyaro (everything is in the name) you just want to flood, lets all stop playing clerics. how can you compare the effort of making gear +15, of acquiring tempering solutions with just having stigma shards.

"go somewhere else"

lol and you ask ppl to be civilized.

"now a few clerics wants to get wallet advantage to shit on player's "

Ok, i don't know if you're on drugs, or if you are drunk or something, stigma shards, hello, the genius says we can shit on players using stigma shards boys, no need to grind gear any more. get some help ...

"Yesterday I lost 12.5 million" 

Every single day i pay twice that price, to your UG farming gunner bot maybe.

"The veteran players, including me are continuously monitoring shop content"

We shall venerate you every day, that's a brilliant idea (i tried my best to hide my sarcasm).

"The game was not designed for that, not for a cleric switching stigma trees multiple times a gear. The game was designed to make careful skill switch decisions. Stay on heal unless you are absolute needed on dps, which in case of your class, it's 1-2 days a week"

And you're a game designer now? stupidity has no limits, drugs deals real damage. You're completely disconnected from this game, again, ignorance and indifference, server population is not comparable to retail, it make sense to double the drop rate on mobs for example. If people cannot even spec what they want they'll just leave the game (clerics know how hard to wait in sanctum/pande for something to happens when they're on heal).

The truth is i believe you're just making cash from these shards (and i do not care) reason why you are trying to find bullish non sense arguments (ppl used to believe earth is flat).

"For your closing: Koreans don't tend "

For someone named "ass hole" in Japaness be careful when you say something about Asians, you are getting it all wrong.

Kisses.

berousing    10

Sorry again, and this venerate veteran player is teaching us clerics "which in case of your class, it's 1-2 days a week".

You remind me stuff like

Professor Konoyaro is a skilled medium recognized worldwide, with 35 years of experience.

Results are guaranteed in all areas within 72 hours, for an effective, rapid and final solution.
Professor Konoyaro is a marabout specializing in the immediate return of your loved one, even in the most difficult cases.

You never player cleric, wake up, i'm sure that you're the kind of player who never uses scrolls and food in instance.

(and please, whisper me in game, rezuz, it's better then forums, at least i can BL you there)

Edited by berousing

Konoyaro    60

"lol and you ask ppl to be civilized."

I was.

Ok, i don't know if you're on drugs, or if you are drunk or something, stigma shards, hello, the genius says we can shit on players using stigma shards boys, no need to grind gear any more. get some help ...

I'm sorry that you did not understood that point, but it's not your fault. That's just life.

Every single day i pay twice that price, to your UG farming gunner bot maybe.

If you switch stigmas twice a day, you are playing cleric very wrong, but what you are doing great, is keeping economy running. Thanks for that.

And you're a game designer now? [...] server population is not comparable to retail [...] it make sense to double the drop rate on mobs for example [..] If people cannot even spec what they want they'll just leave the game [...] The truth is i believe you're just making cash from these shards

No; It is; On double drop rate events yes; Nobody have problems bad clerics leaving; My gunner is level 36, so not, but I will. UG drops 20 shards per mob.

You never player cleric [...] never uses scrolls and food in instance [..] and please, whisper me in game

I did; I do; No.

Have a nice day!

yujnx    20

What is the point of all this arguing and throwing sh*t at each other when the initial point is that shards simply should be cheaper and more accessible, and that's it... 

• Thanks 1

Konoyaro    60

There's no point. Admins did not made any sign to change this (and I welcome this), made a few point how to get around with this difficulty in-game easily, since then I just quoted by 1-2 frustrated people because they don't want workarounds, but everything cooked on table. But you're right. Points already made from both of the sides. I just choose to ignore the insults and don't repeat myself from now on in this topic. Pretty much I answered every possible questions in my posts earlier.

Hiraeth    6

The problem is that although it's an MMORPG there is still a lot of content which players have to do solo and nobody is going to help a cleric to do that content. Please more ways to obtain Stigma shards! I propose that daily logon rewards are changed from ugly panda to stigma shards

Edit. I saw some bullshit writing about DPS cleric being bad? Well in this patch it's actually really good and DPS clerics can clear any content just as well. I don't see why I shouldnt have access to this part of my class? Only chanter is shit DPS on both spec

Edit 2. Actually giving sauro as example for changing shard isn't very good as it can be healed in DPS just fine (sacrificial power off ofc)

As far as I remember stigma shard price one retail was 100/pc while here it's over 2000/pc. Totally elevated.

Edited by Hiraeth
  • Like 1

yujnx    20
3 часа назад, Hiraeth сказал:

I propose that daily logon rewards are changed from ugly panda to stigma shards

A very good idea actually.

Only chanter is shit DPS on both spec

Chanter's DPS isn't that bad tho, if geared. (Well not OP like in 6.x but still relatively okay)

As far as I remember stigma shard price one retail was 100/pc while here it's over 2000/pc. Totally elevated.

x20 price oh well.

berousing    10

"I just quoted by 1-2 frustrated people"

i'm just laughing, always shit talk disguised into something well written.

"made a few point how to get around with this difficulty in-game easily"

xD

"but everything cooked on table"

xD

"I just choose to ignore the insults"

I'm not insulting you, i'm saying you're retarded.

"because they don't want workarounds"

To play another class or to respec once or two a week, get the hell out of here.

"Pretty much I answered every possible questions"

You don't suffer from this, ok, pass your way, don't come here to tell ppl to don't play the game, or they're OP if they get shards, or to go farm, or play dps once a week because you dont farm, you dont play cleric, are you even playing on the server after all ?

Kisses

Edited by berousing
  • Thanks 1

yujnx    20

People have been asking for this for many months and there's still no solution. Should we even expect it, I wonder.

@TheAlmighty

Edited by yujnx

TheAlmighty    1,046

The answer has been given many times. We are not going to do anything with the stigma shards. The topic could have been closed long ago, we gave the answer to this question many times in many topics and media.

• Like 1