TheAlmighty

Server unavailable (10/03)

Dessy    22
3 minutes ago, Begins said:

Sorry but I believed someone didn't read my statement clearly I did offering 5.8 version with content limited to lv 65 which means hard leveling,all bad p2w that come with 5.x can't be farm and did you even know in patch 4.7 they introduced UNLIMITED ENCHANTMENT BEYOND +15 (it will be super p2w and very unbalanced pvp)

I don't know what to do in 4.6 version anymore since we pretty got everything farm more money ? for what if you already got everything ?
However I do agree vanilla 4.8 or above is bad it needs customize or else stay with 4.6

I just miss some pvp content and so on improves that came just a very little later 

Edited by Dessy

Airmax    13

Most player are on euroaion because of patch 4.6! If u want another patch join another server. This thread is no discussion to cry over 4.6...Data is safe and server is going online in a few days.

• Like 5

Raidon    108

We should get some nice event when servers go back up. Like Shugo tomb again, or Gift of the Alchemist or something similar.

Subby    14

I'm still baffled at how their anti-fire system failed. Those things almost never "fail" without help anyway.

Luchibi    3

idk how much time need for resume process but till that time may be you can give us a playground. it could be good thing to have a playground like test server to spend time with the game or making practice with other classes. i hope you considere about that bcs ppl already looking for other games or servers atm. 

Edited by Luchibi

Rcv    7
13 minutes ago, Subby said:

I'm still baffled at how their anti-fire system failed. Those things almost never "fail" without help anyway.

The anti-fire system in datacenters is designed in 2 main categories:
1) Alarming and fire-stop system
2) Non oxygen rooms - server rooms.

Most likely the non oxygen rooms where not the root cause of the fire, yet the room it self wont last against a huge fire running wild outside.

The alarming and fire-stop systems are designed to stop small fires and call in the fire brigade. How ever if its a data center - I would assume the fire-stop system is not water base and is chemical base ( that is efficient yet much more limited ). lets assume the fire started in an elevator system or another not well protected part of the building ( or some gangs from other datacenters decided to get rid of some competition, got in mind google sitting in his office with a cat on his lap )

Been to a private datacenter - cant say its 100% secure, you always can end up with unexpected stuff.

Hope this helps :D

Dabor    2

What about a forum game, something to kill the time till next week? Just for fun, maybe with a chance to win an item, skin or something else, its just a suggestion, dont be toxic

23 hours ago, kevhd33 said:

Teagan    20

Not Aion isn t an altenative to EuroAion to me.

I wish our server is back soon...8 days :$

Edited by Teagan

crypted    30
16 hours ago, TheAlmighty said:

Dear players, 

We are all upset with this situation and we are all waiting for the restart of the servers. Let's stay polite even in such cases! Please, do not start insulting each other. 
It is really a hard time for the server now, and the worst part is that we couldn't and still can't influence it. This is something that doesn't depend on us. 

To the questions about donations:

All the donations that are sent to the project, are used for the project. In order to keep the server, we have to pay for the servers, maintenances, advertisment and many other things. Therefore this money can't be returned. 
The other question is ecoins (which you get as a reward for supporting the server) - the servers are okay, so your ecoins should still stay on your accounts if you had them (the coins). 

For now we are thinking on our plans upon the server restart and for the following days of the downtime. All the information will be posted when we are ready for it. 

We are very thankful to the players who support us and who stand up for us, ready to wait altogether!

You guys should read and understand..... I asked IF the servers cant be restored/saved/whatever, are you gonna refund then? What i basically asked is, when we loose evrything (including e-coins on the accounts), what happens then?

Me and my cousin along with some of our friends just started playing in this server for a about a couple of weeks ago and we really enjoyed it. we've been playing aion since 2010. but we had some break for couples of years due to many reasons and decided to play it again but this time in a private server with the best version (at least for us). I really got excited when I found this server. we have a lot of memories with this version.

It really saddened me this incident happened when we were just starting. I tried to look for another server with the same version but didn't find any that I would love like this server. so me and my buddies will stick. a few days or a week isn't a problem especially when you stopped playing it for several years and now become a returning daeva XD. 

well I hope the server will be up soon. keep safe everyone.

blood for blood!

Edited by captainbamboo116

Subby    14
3 hours ago, Rcv said:

The anti-fire system in datacenters is designed in 2 main categories:
1) Alarming and fire-stop system
2) Non oxygen rooms - server rooms.

Most likely the non oxygen rooms where not the root cause of the fire, yet the room it self wont last against a huge fire running wild outside.

The alarming and fire-stop systems are designed to stop small fires and call in the fire brigade. How ever if its a data center - I would assume the fire-stop system is not water base and is chemical base ( that is efficient yet much more limited ). lets assume the fire started in an elevator system or another not well protected part of the building ( or some gangs from other datacenters decided to get rid of some competition, got in mind google sitting in his office with a cat on his lap )

Been to a private datacenter - cant say its 100% secure, you always can end up with unexpected stuff.

Hope this helps :D

Yes I know, I've worked in a datacenter. The fire suppression systems are not meant to fail. Whether that is a Halon or newer CAS (clean agent system). Most of these places don't pay 40k for even the most basic system to have them fail. Someone definitely dropped the ball here. My guess, and this is just a guess is that they were using the bare minimum system, no Halon, no Evac setup. Maybe this incident will force them to upgrade to a better one. Especially when your datacenter hosts millions of sites. At minimum they should have had an FM200 suppression system with a backup evac system to clear the room of all oxygen, without oxygen fires cannot breath and the FM200 system is non conductive to electricity which means that it wouldn't have destroyed the servers.

The datacenter I worked in was owned by the US Military, so, it did have top of the line million dollar suppression systems. 

TheAlmighty    1,054
8 hours ago, crypted said:

You guys should read and understand..... I asked IF the servers cant be restored/saved/whatever, are you gonna refund then? What i basically asked is, when we loose evrything (including e-coins on the accounts), what happens then?

There are conditions that you accepted when making the donation, and it is mentioned there, that it can't be refunded.
And as it was said, the servers are not damaged. 

Airmax    13

Good news for all....

We will start repowering SBG3 by the mid of the next week, Wed, 17, it will take 6-8 days to have all servers UP.

So it can also happen that we have the server back earlier <3
  • Like 1

Dessy    22
1 hour ago, Airmax said:

Good news for all....

So it can also happen that we have the server back earlier <3

Sounds more like later if they start to repower them 17th march and it will take up to 6-8 days sounds more like longer than next week Friday 

• Like 2

Airmax    13
1 hour ago, Dessy said:

Sounds more like later if they start to repower them 17th march and it will take up to 6-8 days sounds more like longer than next week Friday 

They start the server room for room but no problem all your posts say u understand nothing :)

If they start repower at 19th march its later then 17th march or not?

Dessy    22
16 minutes ago, Airmax said:

They start the server room for room but no problem all your posts say u understand nothing :)

If they start repower at 19th march its later then 17th march or not?

Dude are you even reading what you are writing ? You must be a troll seriously my English is not perfect but it seems like you don't understand English at all hell...

You are embarrassing all your posts are actually no offense.

But if they start to repower the Server on Wednesday 17th march how will it be online before?? Dude you are joking right ? You must be joking i can't believe that you are serious with it.. 

From the 17th March on it will take 6-8 days i hope this makes things clear for you 

But if you think that they activate the server already on the 17th March or 18th march well possible but it can be also later 

So it CAN 

It doesn't mean that it is our server which is online 

Thank you next 

Edited by Dessy

Desimp    46

Does this mean the server can actually be started right now and is then hosted by another datacenter of the company until the original one is rebuild?

• Like 1

Alexis    3

calma, calma si fueron otros administradores en el juego lo cerraban diratamente .pero estos chicos piensan como nosotros fueron jugadores tambien.y piensas en ustedes ... pasiencia la espera vale la pena

Airmax    13
6 hours ago, Desimp said:

Does this mean the server can actually be started right now and is then hosted by another datacenter of the company until the original one is rebuild?

Ja und nein. Sie müssten das Backup laden den Server danach woanders neu einrichten und dann die DB einspielen. Alleine der Rollback würde 6 Tage dauern und es wären Daten von einer Woche verloren. Heißt man hätte so gut wie nix an Zeit gespart aber eine Menge an Daten verloren. Daher lohnt sich nur das warten bis der Server online geht.

Edited by Airmax