Sign in to follow this  
bambiche

Top Race Kor Event

bambiche    26

Hello everyone, i don't about you but i feel this server need a little bit of pvp stuff going on. Got this idea for some weeks now and finally decided to put it on.

-----------------------------  Top Race PvP Kor -------------------------------

Tgwqlau.jpg

Where? Tatar Cave

When? 26/07/2020 at 3 pm.

Rewards? Im poor so for the moment nothing FeelsBadMan

Description:

Each race will elect what are for them the best players of each class though gdoc. Gdoc will require your ig name to ensure 1 vote per person. However the results will remain only known by me and invisible. As i don't know every alts of everyone, pls play the game fairly and only vote once. As much as possible, don't only vote for your friends or for the people somebody told you to vote. Keep in mind that the goal is to win the fight ;) 

Each team will be then composed of 11 players. They will both consult to elect a captain that will lead the team. 

A Kor tournament is like a survivor 1v1 game: 

- the first oponents are chosen by the captains and whispered to me. I'll announce the fighters and make a countdown to begin the fight

- When one opponent dies, the captain shouts the next fighter who will come fight the one who killed the last fighter then again and again.

Rules

- No DP

- Gears are limited to DPS sets, full composite MR or 18 MR stones allowed max. Same for block. Same for stigmas, no benevolence nor elemental screen.

- Fight is limited to you vs your opponent, do not leave the arena, do not attack other members as long as they are not called. 

- No external buffs from your class 

VOTE HERE UNTIL 19/07/2020 at 11:55 pm

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSecFEZayyiyRsrA-ElvjoHk1u_IyYL7_yOFClBqJhlKGiS0IA/viewform?usp=sf_link

I am looking for 

- An serious asmodian who can lead this event with me. Not a big deal i'm doing the main things, just to help me for organizing with asmodians.

- Asssassin who can Stream with good quality

(- Rewards if somebody feels rich)

--------------------------------------------------------

If you left the game but want to participate and think you have good chances to be elected, try some adversiting just below :) 

If you think you might have chances of being elected but can't participate, Pls tell it just below. Same if you just don't wanna participate to that kind of stuff

---------------------------------------------------------

Please, this is some work for me so don't do anything stupid (players or spectators) to ruin everything for everyone. Just enjoy and have fun

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Luyanara    9

Even if i put in here sum critics - i like the effort u make to improve the overall pvp experience on this server.

But tbh why ppl think they have to limit sets for every tournament (esp. this type or tournament)? That makes no sense - esp considering that there are classes that are balanced on the set-opportunites in this patch.

Every class has the chance to get all sets and beeing prepared with sets for all situations and use them with brain. Thats by faar not as expensive as getting +5 accs - which are allowed. So literally u say ppl that are too lazy in gettin accusets and instead put they money into +4-+5 accs dont get their natural punishment - instead you punish ppl that prepare well. But then u allow composite-defsets - since u dont allow accusets(accusets dont increase dmg so they are no dps sets) u need a composite-accuset  - what is kind of more rare then a normal accu set.

DPS sets are just fine - ofc. Lets imagine u have a Cleric vs SM - Sm starts fearlock ggwp. dps set did not bring any dmg. But if cleric had full mRes vs SM - he might deal way more dmg than in his dps-set... so in this case - the mRes set transists to the better dps set. If its gettin skilled both classes start switching between their sets isntead of roflcopter fearlock u mustn't use a defset.

using sets do doge certain spells like fears/silences/sleeps is kind of way more skilled, than "watch my silence procced" - duel is won. esp in other matchups like sm vs sm and things like that. doge coversilenve by fast switch or the fear when the other sm was too lazy to switch to mAccu. By limiting sets - u bring a huge limit to skill-lvl in this event.

Especially in this kind of tournament - where u choose ppl/classes against each other by captain - there is aboluteley NO point in limiting sets - if u have an mRescleric there - oh well he might win 1 duel due to his set - captain shots mage next who has freewin vs cleric - so wheres the point in limiting sets? This would even take out skill in planning/counteringorder of classes announced by captains.

hope u can see it as constructive critic - it's not meant to be a flame.

Regards Luya

• Confused 1

bambiche    26

I understand your point of view, mine is i won't host something that will lead to long and boring fights + cleric is still insanely good vs classes like plate with dps set. 

Not gonna change the format since not everyone will agree with the same rules anyway because they don't share the same vision of the game. 

Btw it wasn't clear in the first post but MSUP is allowed. 

+ adding hide limited to 1 min per fight as a rule.

By dps sets i was referring to not gimmick stuff like MR/block/evasion etc

Also, for recommandations or stuff like that, better write a private message or whisper me Ig to bamby/eventer. Keep this post as clean as possible thx :> 

lmaowhat    0

Even if i put in here sum critics - i like the effort u make to improve the overall pvp experience on this server.

But tbh why ppl think they have to limit sets for every tournament (esp. this type or tournament)? That makes no sense - esp considering that there are classes that are balanced on the set-opportunites in this patch.

Every class has the chance to get all sets and beeing prepared with sets for all situations and use them with brain. Thats by faar not as expensive as getting +5 accs - which are allowed. So literally u say ppl that are too lazy in gettin accusets and instead put they money into +4-+5 accs dont get their natural punishment - instead you punish ppl that prepare well. But then u allow composite-defsets - since u dont allow accusets(accusets dont increase dmg so they are no dps sets) u need a composite-accuset  - what is kind of more rare then a normal accu set.

DPS sets are just fine - ofc. Lets imagine u have a Cleric vs SM - Sm starts fearlock ggwp. dps set did not bring any dmg. But if cleric had full mRes vs SM - he might deal way more dmg than in his dps-set... so in this case - the mRes set transists to the better dps set. If its gettin skilled both classes start switching between their sets isntead of roflcopter fearlock u mustn't use a defset.

using sets do doge certain spells like fears/silences/sleeps is kind of way more skilled, than "watch my silence procced" - duel is won. esp in other matchups like sm vs sm and things like that. doge coversilenve by fast switch or the fear when the other sm was too lazy to switch to mAccu. By limiting sets - u bring a huge limit to skill-lvl in this event.

Especially in this kind of tournament - where u choose ppl/classes against each other by captain - there is aboluteley NO point in limiting sets - if u have an mRescleric there - oh well he might win 1 duel due to his set - captain shots mage next who has freewin vs cleric - so wheres the point in limiting sets? This would even take out skill in planning/counteringorder of classes announced by captains.

Regards Luya

classic set abuser who needs to use lame sets in order to do something against someone in 1v1 :facepalm:

Edited by lmaowhat

Senju    39
4 hours ago, Luyanara said:

Regards Luya

It seems you don't know how Korean Style Tournaments work. Let me explain it to you. There is a captain for both factions. One side summons a player that the captain chooses, the other captain summons a player that he chooses and this allows the second captain for a potential counter pick. This is how it should work, counter picking your opponent with another player that excels against this particular class. Korean Style is a tactical team game. And there are no room for errors. Now if you would add some extra random number generated values in this already in short  ''RNG'' ruled game. Then my friend the outcome would be completely out of someone's reach because of the factor that this person can reach up to 50% random resists against magical skills. This Magic Resist allows some classes to profit from it extremely well giving them the upperhand of recovering faster in situations they shouldn't. So why should you compare tempered accessories when these people worked hard for it. And comparing it with a set that resists skills randomly is just nonsense. There is no counterplay against random resists if the opponent doesn't have this  Magical Accuracy set. While accessories are accessible much faster for everyone a second set isn't that easy to get fast. So I'm completely agreeing with Bambiches point of view. And to be honest, I don't even care what the rules are. Just the fact that Bambiche wants to host a Race vs Race Korean Style is amazing.

Edited by Senju

bambiche    26

The elyos cleric Qtp cannot participate to the tournament, please those who voted for him, whisper me in forum your new choice (if you have one)

Morningfrost    30

You are locking out a lot of players due to the gear/manastone socket rules. 

Take me for ex. Fully supportcleric. I have 3 gears, one is full block, one is full mr and one is full hp. 

it's a great idea, but you aren't letting in all players

bambiche    26

1 Day left to vote. 

Some votes remain close: 

Ely: Sorc (3 tied), Ranger, Cleric(2 tied,  qtp is out), Chanter(2 tied).

Asmo: Gladiator (recon is out), Sin

Results will be finally at 8 pm

bambiche    26

RESULTS (1st / 2nd (3rd) )

Templar:

Bamby 17  / Mioxx 14 

Annoyance 5 / Mzz  3

Gladiator:

Shikastyle 19 / Spaceguy 7 / Riv 6

Bartan 4 / Kenobi 2 (reconquista is out, 6)

Cleric :

Phyron 3  hope he will be there (qtp out 13, rulai out 5)

Tommek 3 hope he will be there (no other one)

Chanter:

TIED Chuchichaesti and Elowyn 6 votes 

Ticklemypickle 3 hope he will be there (no other one)

AT:

Axius 16 / Korri 4

Senju  14 / Pyromachine 3

Ranger:

Tied Copai and Quellacien 7 votes

Qinzz 16 

Assassin:

Sai, reiyu, bestsineu 15 / Assassinaor 5

Derenaya and hope he can be there 3

Gunner:

Dagoma 30 / Turbonugget 5

Wasserkocher 6 / Balledeneumili 4

Spiritmaster:

Argothon 21 / Chitra 8

Degcube 10 and no other one so hope again

Bard:

Naho 12 / Wimee 11 was close !

Shandris and hope .. 4 votes

And the closest one Sorcerer

Chang 12 / Kajumi 9 / Genocide 8

Vootan 6 / Desimp 3

I'll contact everyone to confirm (especially the tied ones) thx for those who voted and GL for next week guys 

Degcube    1

Yup i quit, as i know tommek and derenaya quit aswell (both were in my legion), but they maybe log in for the event

But looking at this applys i can tell this is a full pve server

Senju    39
32 minutes ago, Degcube said:

Yup i quit, as i know tommek and derenaya quit aswell (both were in my legion), but they maybe log in for the event

But looking at this applys i can tell this is a full pve server

Well, you were a pve player yourself Degcube. But I've seen you improve quite fast in a short amount of time. So well done for that. You've earned my respect. Now, Lets say our server has about 2000 players. And lets be both real for a second there's probably like 20-30 players that actually know how to play their class well on our server, and have the experience and the mechanics needed to perform well in pvp. So that's about 1% that knows how to perform well in pvp with their respective class. If you think about it , it's actually quite mind blowing. But I believe the same results would apply for retail statistics. A ''retail'' like server offers the complete package of the game. So obviously people don't join the server just for the aspect of pvp, that would be absolutely ridiculous, and it's completely normal to have a 1% playerbase that is really skilled. In other games this percentage is even lower (for example ->LoL 0,04% are Grand Master). And of course the numbers are much higher in League of Legends, but it's just a comparison. And the way that Aion works is you have to complete Pve in order to get PvP gear. So there's not really any round about to that. I believe Aion is just more designed on it's own to focus much more on the Pve Aspect, but of course they added quite a bit of PvP content through out the patches. To please every player. Our server isn't fantastic or skilled but it's also definitely not the worst in terms of player skill. 

Degcube    1

On retail i never had a problem to count a name for a skilled player on every class, here 4-5/11 classes on asmo dont even have a player that is still playing
And hell no retail server i played on had 2k players

This is far worse than retail back in the days

bambiche    26

that's kind of the point of my event, to try to make pvp a little more present on this server but well i guess it's already too late at some point

• Sad 1