Sign in to follow this  
YEG

New ranking system

Update of gp system  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change the actual system.

YEG    8

Before everything i repost this pos with has been closed by @Admin due to debates with has gone too far... I guess this subject is important and it interests a lot of peoples here.
So please stay calm, polite with the staff and other players, and follow the rules in place on this forum.

Hello,

As everyone seen it the server gp system is not the same of retail (the amount of gp deleted every day at 12.00 is doubled)
By looking at the ranking we can see that there is huge différences in the ranking and that even if some peoples afk for 2 or 3 months they should be able to keep their places in the top. (we can take the example of BigPanda, he did 100/200 gp on a week since 2 months and he is still great general)
Back to gameforge this type of ranking system already allowed to some peoples to just fucked up the faction by playing against the interests of his own faction.
I talked a lot with players and people proposed a simple reset of gp. Obviously i was not really for this option, it is far too much punitive for players that farm their gp since the start of the server.

So, there is servals options to having a top player active and keep the server and siege alive. I didn't affirm this option is the best but i would propose you to update again the ranking system to allow new players to reach top xforms make the server more attractive...

This system is pretty simple: At every end of the season (30 days) the amount of gp of everyone is decreased by 30 to 60% (50 seems to be good)
There is a lot of advantages: More active xforms, new player's experiences of the game is increased... And this system is also fair for peoples who farm gp since the start of the server. because they can keep the top xform that they worked during months for.

If you have any ideas to improve and make the ranking system feel free to answer to this tickets and vote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Luyanara    9

Well actually its not a long way to reach xForm, but i think in the long term, there will be the same problem as on retail, since ppl that take all gp you can get, can easily outrun the daily GP-loss. So they will finally hoard an Amount of GP that can never be contested any more.

I think a percentual  GP loss is in general the only longterm-working system. I don't really like a day where GP are reduced by 30-60%. that has negative effect on playing behavior - when tomorrow all my GP are halfed - there is way less reason to go to raid. When day 30 is end of season - you have to keep arena tickets from day 23 to 30 so u can have more value of them when using on day 1. Or lets go further - collect 90 days glorytickets to use them after reset - and get a way higher rank than deserved. You will agree that such a "hard" day of reset is abusable.

A daily GP loss of 1% or 2% would have same effect without any abuses and is way smoother and fair for all.

1%loss/day means doing nothing you loose 26% in 30 days

2%loss/day means doing nothing you loose 45% in 30 days

In addition I would like to mention what GP are used for. GP have the function of distributing the morph Ranks - Morphs are in this game for purpose of siege. So there should probably be GP only given in Sieges. I can understand why you get GP in arena or dred as well since its pvp and GP are enough reward to bring the necessary traffic for those dreds/arenas. But I can't understand why PVE-Instances such like "Hyperion" or "Pashid" provide GP since killing them does not need any requirements that qualify for a morph in Raid.

Well the higer GP loss per day on this server is already nice and shows work untli lower general ranks on Asmo side. But the top ranks will still walk away and will never be contestable with flat GP losses, what  means they can hold such a rank for quite long time once deciding they dont wanna raid anymore.

Sharonstone    1

I think its good idea. I play there for like 2 weeks and i noticed one thing: Elys high ranks started to adapt and they actually fight for their forts while Asmos high ranks just started to gave forts & stopped leading cos some troll called them out in lfg chat (he aint wrong - asmo high ranks sucks at commanding: most of the time they cant decide which fort they should defend so ppl go in groups). Second thing why they dont want to make alliances (if we luckily make alliance) ppl leave it in the middle of siege. Ive never seen such a thing in retail tho - even if we lost fort it was bcs low population not bcs bad commanding (which is an issue there).

As Yeg said - gp system must be reworked somehow so "govenor rank" "general rank" actually mean something.

Players should be rewarded for efficient play not for "i play here long so im untouchable". Past two weeks ive seen better fresh players with better command skills than most "old" 5 star and up.