Sign in to follow this  
Pacts

Ban appeal of an innocent player

Pacts    3

First of all, sorry if the topic was created in a wrong subforum, I've decided to create it here since there wasnt any specialized subforums simply for this, but then again, you can think of it as a Suggestion :3

- I am writing this appeal due to few facts that I believe were overlooked, underexplored or blatantly ignored in issueing this, harsh, unfair and basless sanction. (Link up above).I am sure many veteran aion players will be able to find logic in my argument, therefore I urge you guys to try and understand other side of this dialogue and reconsider your decision:

I am gonna start with the general fact that any player that ever fought in glory arena can notice,
The video itself: 
Yes, the video in question shows rounds of arena 2 and 3, but purposely ignores arena round 1, for a reason, bcz what you would see on that round is the chanter and tech actualy fighting each other, which simply doesnt go well with Asarrow' argument that they were teaming. Obviously he elected to ignore parts of the arena that argues against his report for obvious reasons, which is beyond maliceful, unsportsmanlike and simply put, disgusting, specialy for a player thats supposed to be some variant of a asmodian leader. But sure, that by itself doesnt prove that they werent teaming, but its definetly worht mentioning. which brings me to my 2nd argument: 
The agenda behind it:
Its not an unknown fact that asarrow has some version of hate towards entire Thank you daddy legion, the reasons itself for it are known to both sides and I believe irrelevant to mention in this case, but the fact is: There is strong personal motive behind the report, not bcz he lost his arena, this is a vendetta and it needs to be adressed as such, its far from doing server a service and banning a "Cheater", this fact gives this whole situation a diffrent standpoint which cannot be ignored, 
Lets go back to the video, and some facts that were heavily dissregarded such as : match ups, points and other possibilities:
If we isolate ourselves from other factors and simply look this arena and its players as numbers, it cannot be ignored that there is a high level of possibility this was not tradeing:
-The very match up itself tells us so: Chanter, ranger, tech... Put yourself in a players' position, and lets analyze the video, it starts with ranger fighting a chanter and mid fight tech comes, If you were the tech, who do you kill? The squishiest target... obviously. This shouldnt be debatable, this is how glory arena works, its how everyone plays, and its how the game is made to be played, How the fk does this prove teaming?, through out the entire video, you can see only 1 instance in which AT and Chant refuse to fight, and its simply bcz it would be heavily unfavorable fo them due to a missmatch and points ( I am refering to the last mintue of the video),
Facts on wich we should actualy pay attention are on n 3:15, Asarrow stands on the balcony, looking down, targeting AT, AT has chanter in the target, they are both 80% or full HP, didnt even start fighting yet, then asarrow decides to JUMP IN... This move is highly debatable, lets take a moment: ur a ranger with hide, both other classes dont have vision, u assume other classes have all of CD since both chanter and AT have low cd rotation, we can also asume Asarrow is a good ranger ( i think this is pretty safe to assume, him being an old player and a governor), WHY DOES HE JUMP IN THAT OBVIOUSLY UNFAVORABLE POSITION FOR HIM, WHEN HE KNOWS (as experienced ranger) THAT ITS BAD FOR HIM? - SIMPLE, he knows they are gonna target him, and insta kill, since he is the objectively an obvious choice for both, and he will self sabotage himself just so he can further his vendetta.
Round 3: This is where he compleatly stops trying, stop using scrolls, start playing terribly simply to make video look better in his favor, its beyond obvious, First fight he dies, doesnt even scroll up, decides to go for the box for items, opening his inventory, legit openly trolling and fucking around, instead of using the other obvious option of hide, and waiting for his oportunity which any good ranger would do. WHich again he is undebatabely good but not very smart at fabricating proof.
Fight on 4:40, runing around on low hp instead of using nimble and traps, just to bait AT for kill so it looks better on the video

Other important remark for this is the fact that: Most of the members from Thank you daddy get Asarrow pretty often in glory, at least once, we more than often outperform him add that to the bad opinion he has towards us, and his saltyness, u get this: unneccesary drama,  ban of an innocent playe and very bad PR

If possible I would like this topic to remain open and not be instantly censored by admins, simply bcz of the fact that this kind of reporting can be abused to the point that the players will need to modify their glory arena strategy just for the sake of not getting banned if someone salty reports you

I rly want to see what other players think, the AT and chanter in question are: Necrit and Soamy, if anyone ever had experience with them and trading, I think it needs to be said.

Edited by Pacts
  • Thanks 1

TheAlmighty    1,054

Argument 1: obviously the player started recording as soon as the teaming was noticed. Not everyone is a streamer. 

2nd: we don't care about what is going on between the players. We can clearly see on the video that the players didn't hit each other even once. 

3rd: even if the ranger is an easy target here, they still ignored each other after killing him. The aethertech just ignored the chanter with 5%HP. 

And no one has time to argue about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Pacts    3

Video is far from definitive, almighty, it needs to heve perspective, but I can tell you from my experience, and many many glory arenas, this is 90%  of them. And if you took some time and actualy analyzed the video, u can see that the AT did use his dash in the direction where chanter was, and posibily decided not to fight, due to CD and chanter already being full HP, 

hypotheticaly, glory arena is chaotic, and you merited your entire decision on 2-3 second on the video, you cannot with a calm heart say that is fair and concrete proof.

Entire point of the post was, for you admins to take an actual stance on this subject and create decent precedent...

I mean, pointless to argue much about this, its very straight forward, just check what the discord says about it, and make it known to players so we know how to behave, simple

I dont wanna be banned for teaming, eventualy, simply bcz as a glad i ignore 80% of classes there

Edited by Pacts
  • Thanks 2

Windy    38

What you do in round 1 literally means nothing you can even go afk and still win by joining round 2 and 3. Enjoy your ban.

• Haha 2

TheAlmighty    1,054
13 hours ago, Pacts said:

Video is far from definitive, almighty, it needs to heve perspective, but I can tell you from my experience, and many many glory arenas, this is 90%  of them. And if you took some time and actualy analyzed the video, u can see that the AT did use his dash in the direction where chanter was, and posibily decided not to fight, due to CD and chanter already being full HP, 

hypotheticaly, glory arena is chaotic, and you merited your entire decision on 2-3 second on the video, you cannot with a calm heart say that is fair and concrete proof.

Entire point of the post was, for you admins to take an actual stance on this subject and create decent precedent...

I mean, pointless to argue much about this, its very straight forward, just check what the discord says about it, and make it known to players so we know how to behave, simple

I dont wanna be banned for teaming, eventualy, simply bcz as a glad i ignore 80% of classes there

Well, at the same time he NEVER hit the chanter EVEN ONCE. And the chanter had full hp and no cd, why not hitting the aether then? And why not killing the chant when he had only 5% of HP?

According to your logic, we should just let it be and not ban anyone at all. Everyone starts recording as soon as they notice the problem, unless they are streamers. And we can't force everyone to stream. 

Pacts    3
2 hours ago, TheAlmighty said:

Well, at the same time he NEVER hit the chanter EVEN ONCE. And the chanter had full hp and no cd, why not hitting the aether then? And why not killing the chant when he had only 5% of HP?

According to your logic, we should just let it be and not ban anyone at all. Everyone starts recording as soon as they notice the problem, unless they are streamers. And we can't force everyone to stream. 

I am sorry almighty. You are making your bias more than obvious . They've been fighting on several instances at 3:50 AT even prioritises chant. I guess you saw what you wanted to see, you also obviously refuse to adress this part of the video:

16 hours ago, Pacts said:

Facts on wich we should actualy pay attention are on n 3:15, Asarrow stands on the balcony, looking down, targeting AT, AT has chanter in the target, they are both 80% or full HP, didnt even start fighting yet, then asarrow decides to JUMP IN... This move is highly debatable, lets take a moment: ur a ranger with hide, both other classes dont have vision, u assume other classes have all of CD since both chanter and AT have low cd rotation, we can also asume Asarrow is a good ranger ( i think this is pretty safe to assume, him being an old player and a governor), WHY DOES HE JUMP IN THAT OBVIOUSLY UNFAVORABLE POSITION FOR HIM, WHEN HE KNOWS (as experienced ranger) THAT ITS BAD FOR HIM? - SIMPLE, he knows they are gonna target him, and insta kill, since he is the objectively an obvious choice for both, and he will self sabotage himself

There is also this argument to which, yet again you turned a blind eye, but let me guess, this wasnt obvious and conclusive, but the trading was. :D By your logic, if this wasnt illegal can other players also do this:, what asarrow did. Purpusefully underplay, rush in to the fights that HE knows he will be focused,  and set up other conditions so it baits other players in easy focus, then report them...

also by MY logic, (which fortunetly is the logic of 90% of the server, but I guess you decided thats not releveant) This should never in milion years merit a sanction. 

You obviously took your stance tho and do not plan on changing it, so I am not gonna address this any further, but if its possible do not delete the topic.

phy    20

As i've never seen any of those people in my entire life, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to look at this situation from a neutral standpoint, so let's analyze it.

At the beginning of the video we can see the Tech and the Chanter standing around and not targeting each other, while the Ranger is invisible. This seems slightly suspicious, but let's call it a tactical move.

At 00:23, the Tech joins the fight between the Chanter and the Ranger after both used their Remove Shock skills and starts attacking the obviously squishier Ranger. Looks fine.

00:30, the Ranger dies while the Chanter is at 25% HP and blinded by the Sandstorm Trap. The AT - instead of hunting him down - makes a few steps in the opposite direction and then runs after the Relic. Doesn't make much sense, but the round was literally about to end, so yea, whatever. But the fact that the Chanter didn't target the Tech while running away is still a little bit weird... As if he already knew the AT wouldn't attack him.

01:32, the Tech could've done the last hit on the Chanter, but didn't.

02:35, again Chanter vs Ranger. Both are at 5% HP and the Tech incs. The Tech decides to go after the Ranger which is behind a corner and ignores the Chanter which is right in front of him. He kills the Ranger and double boosts away from the Chanter instead of attacking him. This makes absolutely no sense. He could have safely killed both of them if he attacked the Chanter first and the Ranger after that. Not attacking the class that can heal itself while it's at 5% first and giving it actually time to heal itself is kinda sus. Completely ignoring the class is even more sus.

03:10 the AT takes fall damage... For some reason. AT and Chanter are both in each others attack range, but instead of attacking, the AT targets the Ranger (03:14) and then removes his target completely. The Ranger jumps down and gets completely raped by both of them. The Tech loses 30% of his HP and uses Remove Shock in the process. The Chanter, instead of attacking the AT, which is in the first place and an easy target at this moment, ignores him and runs away in another direction. The AT doesn't bother to select the Chanter, because he seems to know that he isn't going to be chased anyway.

03:50, contrary to Pacts' statement, the AT does not actually prioritise the Chanter. In fact, we can see him use Cinder Cannon and Gattling Gun (the ranged skills) on the Ranger, followed by Chilling Wave and Riplash, which are both frontal AoEs, immediately followed by Electric Shock on the Ranger. The chance of the AT having targeted the Chanter at any time is very close to zero.

04:11, the Chanter has already respawned, but completely ignores the 30% HP Tech which is standing right in his face. He attacks the full HP Ranger instead (04:24).

04:48, the Tech does the last hit on the Ranger and yet again completely ignores the 30% HP Chanter which already used Remove Shock. None of them is targeting the other one.

05:08, the Chanter is below 20% HP and rooted by the Ranger. The AT could easily kill him by using Cinder Cannon. The AT decides to attack the 95% HP Ranger. After they both kill him, the AT just sprints away.

05:30, the AT sees an easy target and runs towards the Ranger. He buffs up to the fullest; the Ranger dies in the water or whatever that shit is and the AT just does a 180 and runs away. Fully buffed. Ye.

05:55, the Ranger is the last one in the ranking. If the Chanter joins him in the fight against the Tech (which is very close to him, at 60% HP, rooted and without Remove Shock), he would win. The Chanter instead decides to kill the Ranger and to run away from the Tech.

To summarize it: The Tech has hit the Chanter, like, twice? With his AoE, while focussing the Ranger. So basically by accident. The Chanter on the other hand didn't hit the AT even once.

Btw, I don't think the Ranger "stopped trying" or "started trolling and fucking around" at the end. Maybe he was a little frustrated and did some mistakes because of that, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't on purpose. I mean, at 00:05, he uses Bestial Fury and Focused Shots for no reason, losing his Hide and the advantage in the process, while standing right beside the Chanter. That's just how he plays.

He also could have milked it much more while he was standing on the balcony at 03:15, to make the teaming even more obvious, but he didn't, since he was aiming for the win and not for some unrightful ban or whatever.

Also, the fact that the Chanter and AT are seemingly both from the same legion and the legion seems to have some beef with the Ranger doesn't make it any better.

My opinion: 100% teaming, 100% against the rules, 100% deserved a temporary ban.
It's fine to join the arena with your buddys, but damn, act accordingly.

• Like 1

Dessy    22

the policy of teaming up is kinda very very strange.

Some people getting banned and some people ( very old post ) getting not banned 

apologizes and statement from admin was strange there too but well maybe i just oversee something

Edited by Dessy

TheAlmighty    1,054
On 4/5/2021 at 4:56 AM, Dessy said:

the policy of teaming up is kinda very very strange.

Some people getting banned and some people ( very old post ) getting not banned 

apologizes and statement from admin was strange there too but well maybe i just oversee something

Probably because they did hit each other there