Sign in to follow this  
Blackwall

chat.log

Blackwall    16

Hey,

I was wondering if any DPS meter is working on this server and was redirected to a french one. This DPS meter however is unable to locate the chat.log file needed for any of those applications to work. Does anyone know where to find this elusive file on the client used here?

Regards

minfilia    1

You need edit the system.cnf located in the EuroAion directory, but you are going to need a specific editor for that. You can also add a system.ovr file.

The instructions how to edit it can be found here: http://rainy.ws/f-a-q/ under "How is the chat.log file enabled?" question.

DevWolx    62

You just create a text file and name it Chat.log ( not Chat.txt ) in the euroaion folder where the launcher is. Then run the game and go hit a dummy or something it should start growing in size meaning it's registering logs and the dps meter should work when you will show it the file location.

Edited by DevWolx

Blackwall    16

Got it working, thanks.

But now another, uh, "problem" arose. My chat started displaying messages about receiving or spending anything (e.g. Kinah from quests, broker transactions and picked up items) in a weird way. For instance, I just picked up a stigma from my mailbox and instead of the usual message i got "::ItemLoot::character name::<Stigma Name>". This happens with each and every single item or amount of Kinah i receive or trade/spend away. Any clue on how to revert this?

DevWolx    62

Did you use my way or minfilia's way ? Cause just creating the file yourself doesn't create any problems or changes in the game (you can also edit "SystemOptionGraphics.cfg" and add a line saying G_CHATLOG = "1" and the game will create it itself upon start up). Since you talked about a "french dps meter" I assumed you were talking about UltraKikiMeter which is the one I'm using (v1.26.2). I just created a Chat.log file in the game folder and it worked normally without issues. Also you can click on it and properties and make it read only when you are going PvP or sieges for less lag and revert the change when going in PvE instances.

DevWolx    62

Ok I rode that rainmeter link, and you seem to have modified the system.cfg file or created a system.ovr... those files shouldn't be edited (it says in it "Attention: This file is generated by the system, do not modify! Editing is not recommended! "). I think you should either delete that line you added in it or just outright delete the file and restart the game so that it generate a new one (might wanna do a backup of it tho).

Blackwall    16

I was contemplating using UKMeter until I saw that ARM is also supported for this server. Manually creating a chat.log file did not do anything for me so i had to edit the system.cfg file by adding the line you mentioned. I'll see what a recreation of the file does.

DevWolx    62

Not in "system.cfg", add the line in "SystemOptionGraphics.cfg"  in all caps : G_CHATLOG = "1". This create the file automatically by the game normally.