Sign in to follow this  
Sister Bliss

Flickering Character Screen

Hi there, I started playing today after updating Graphics Drivers and DirectX, as this is what was happening last night when I ran the game to see if it installed and worked.

Can't create character as this flickering is annoying and impossible to see properly. Might have an epileptic fit if I continue seeing this spooky halloween haunted-house flicker (not even Halloween yet, so the joke's on who?).

Already play in Gameforge and never have this problem. Something to do with Active Anticheat?

See pic.

image_6.png

Edited by Sister Bliss
Typos.

Raidon    108

Click "Previous" and then select whatever class/gender that you want again and go into customization screen. Then the issue will solve itself.

You will also encounter this flickering on certain maps. I'm on Ely side so my experience will differ. But for me I get this flickering in Theobomos around broken pirate ship area and in Sarpan around Urugugu village and Kamar Prison.

It has something to do with modded graphics setting in this build of the game. Maybe @TheAlmighty knows what they did. Half of the graphics settings are locked out and FPS is locked at 60 for no reason and I don't know how to fix it. 

Setting Engine to default completely solves the issue but

1 - it makes game look like crap.

2 - You cannot do it before creating your character.

Edited by Raidon

TheAlmighty    1,046
2 minutes ago, Raidon said:

Click "Previous" and then select whatever class/gender that you want again and go into customization screen. Then the issue will solve itself.

You will also encounter this flickering on certain maps. I'm on Ely side so my experience will differ. But for me I get this flickering in Theobomos around broken pirate ship area and in Sarpan around Urugugu village and Kamar Prison.

It has something to do with modded graphics setting in this build of the game. Maybe @TheAlmighty knows what they did. Half of the graphics settings are locked out and FPS is locked at 60 for no reason and I don't know how to fix it. 

Setting Engine to default completely solves the issue but

1 - it makes game look like crap.

2 - You cannot do it before creating your character.

This problem with flickering was present in this version of the game on the official servers as well. 

Regarding the locked fps, this is also how the client must work. Aion has fps locked at 60.

Yeah, I managed to create first default character to get in the selection screen with platforms to get the Options button. Then adjusted the settings to lowest helped a little. But yes, going back and forth between Character Selection, and Creation screen also helps block flickering.

Doesn't help if you restart the game though. Tried to find out which Graphics setting slider was the cause, but nothing so far. Did what I could on the Google search and Steam Aion support threads, but I'm not rolling back the drivers as stated on Reddit: link here.

A solution from Steam's 2016 post (link here) also states to set Graphics options to Default (what Raidon said above, thank you), go to Char Creation and then return and reset it back. This works for now without the driver roll back option.

I'm in game now anyways, so that's a plus. Maybe if others are having this issue can seek infos here as I could not find this in EuroAion forums.