Sign in to follow this  
Cookie

Possible Issue

Cookie    0

So myself and another streamer on Twitch have received copyright takedowns from Gameforge. If they're going after streamers, I wouldn't be surprised if they come after the server next for copyright claims. O-O 

Screenshot_46.png

Cookie    0

I called it an issue because I'm worried that if they're going after streamers, they might try to shut down this server next. :C

Glad0s    0

I was more worried because they will slowly lose players because they won't have influence, I guess they copystriked the streamers because somehow (since I don't know shit about law and stuff) GameForge can't claim it to them

Cookie    0

Yea, the amount of promotion will decrease dramatically if no one can stream the server due to copyright claims.

Cookie    0
2 minutes ago, ZbigniewBrzezinski said:

seems to be all has to stream on youtube

I might try it and see if they copyright claim that too. Gonna suck if they do.

13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

So its possible, that the Server can be closed ? :( Or are we safe? 

They can't probably close server, that's why they started to ban ppl.

TheAlmighty    1,046
14 часов назад, Daisy сказал:

So its possible, that the Server can be closed ? :( Or are we safe? 

We are safe :)

• Haha 1

TheAlmighty    1,046

Starting from yesterday all the streamers who were streaming our server on Twitch have received warnings and got their accounts blocked for 1 day.

We are informing you, so you won't put your account to risk.

So, you shouldn't stream our server on Twitch now. Or, do not provide a link to our website and the server name in the stream.

Ziffa    18

The problem with EuroAion is that it's hosted in EU and could be an issue since Gameforge has the right to host Aion in EU

Now,legally talking,it gets strange,usually hosting an older version of the game shoudn't be an issue,on the other hand, i'm pretty sure GF can do whatever the fuck they want,BUT,as other P.Server being hosted in EU haven't faced any issue regardless of streaming (such as Not Aion), could be that they are scared of loosing players.

What i suggest, is that people who got banned, should send an Email to Ncsoft NA and ask them more info about the rights of streaming 4.6

Funny things, Metin 2 had thousands of P.Server.And none of them had any issue,same for 4 Story

I'm 99% sure,since Aion is theyr most profitable game, that they are just scared

Edited by Ziffa

38 minutes ago, Ziffa said:

The problem with EuroAion is that it's hosted in EU and could be an issue since Gameforge has the right to host Aion in EU

Now,legally talking,it gets strange,usually hosting an older version of the game shoudn't be an issue,on the other hand, i'm pretty sure GF can do whatever the fuck they want,BUT,as other P.Server being hosted in EU haven't faced any issue regardless of streaming (such as Not Aion), could be that they are scared of loosing players.

What i suggest, is that people who got banned, should send an Email to Ncsoft NA and ask them more info about the rights of streaming 4.6

Funny things, Metin 2 had thousands of P.Server.And none of them had any issue,same for 4 Story

I'm 99% sure,since Aion is theyr most profitable game, that they are just scared

not only euroaion streamers got strikes and bans, but all streamers of private servers. Not only our streamers cought these bullets) It was massive raid against all pservers comunity)

• Like 1

Ziffa    18
1 hour ago, ZbigniewBrzezinski said:

not only euroaion streamers got strikes and bans, but all streamers of private servers. Not only our streamers cought these bullets) It was massive raid against all pservers comunity)

didn't know that.

Guess Gameforge finally take out the head from theyr ass

Nsn    6
On 9/28/2019 at 5:57 AM, Ziffa said:

didn't know that.

Guess Gameforge finally take out the head from theyr ass

No, they are contractually obligated to take action against private servers who operate in their jurisdiction. If they did not, NCKorea could sue them for breach of contract.

Cookie    0
1 hour ago, Nsn said:

No, they are contractually obligated to take action against private servers who operate in their jurisdiction. If they did not, NCKorea could sue them for breach of contract.

It's just odd how they're only doing this now, whereas there have been numerous EU private servers throughout the years. Unless it's something new in their contract, they should have been doing this much earlier than this.

ShaoNanase    5

one of issue might be that they're starting to lose players from their server and go to other private server.
But my question is...why didn't they go and sue other private servers like Aion30. but why only EuroAion?

Ziffa    18

Legally speaking, it's different hosting an up to date patch and an old patch.

It's like hosting a dead game when the company who made it failed ecc...

Nsn    6
On 10/5/2019 at 11:52 PM, Ziffa said:

Legally speaking, it's different hosting an up to date patch and an old patch.

It's like hosting a dead game when the company who made it failed ecc...

No it's not. The game and all of its assets, from version 1.0 to current, is valid NCsoft intellectual property and all of it is subject to IP laws. It only really gets dicey when a private server is hosted in a country that doesn't recognize intellectual property law.

On 10/4/2019 at 12:15 PM, Cookie said:

It's just odd how they're only doing this now, whereas there have been numerous EU private servers throughout the years. Unless it's something new in their contract, they should have been doing this much earlier than this.

Yes it's a bit arbitrary. The more buzz around private servers without any action on their part, the amount of liability they incur, and I guess they drew the line @ EuroAion release.

Edited by Nsn