Cliffcamer

Virtual machine detected

Kevjoe    0
45 minutes ago, thefpspower said:

Ok, but now explain like I'm 5 why the hell this is necessary?

Explain to me why you are checking if virtualization technology is available rather than if the current machine is a VM? Makes no sense, no game or software does this and it's plain stupid.

People do work on their computers, it should not be a choice between interfering with actual important software or a video game because the devs thought it would make any difference other than piss off people when they found out they wasted time installing a game that has stupid anti-cheat policies.

Fix your policies.

Since I do work on this machine and need virtual machines constantly, I can't disable this.

Means no EuroAion for me, I guess :/ 

TheAlmighty    1,046
17 hours ago, thefpspower said:

Ok, but now explain like I'm 5 why the hell this is necessary?

Explain to me why you are checking if virtualization technology is available rather than if the current machine is a VM? Makes no sense, no game or software does this and it's plain stupid.

People do work on their computers, it should not be a choice between interfering with actual important software or a video game because the devs thought it would make any difference other than piss off people when they found out they wasted time installing a game that has stupid anti-cheat policies.

Fix your policies.

Hello,

We are not the developers of the anticheat we use so we have what we have. This anticheat is reliable so we are using this and not anything else. 

thefpspower    0
53 minutes ago, TheAlmighty said:

Hello,

We are not the developers of the anticheat we use so we have what we have. This anticheat is reliable so we are using this and not anything else. 

So you don't have any control at all on what is allowed? I'm sure there should be ways to configure it, no?

TheAlmighty    1,046
4 minutes ago, thefpspower said:

So you don't have any control at all on what is allowed? I'm sure there should be ways to configure it, no?

It is all on the developers of the anticheat.

Galaeron    0

Hmm, great. Terrible A/C. I need my VM for work, guess it's time to uninstall EuroAion.

And there are way more reliable Anti Cheat softwares.

veema    0
On 10/28/2020 at 3:54 PM, TheAlmighty said:

Hello,

Hey,

The anticheat isn't reliable as VM detection does not always work! I used to play on VM with GPU passthrough enabled (as my daily driver OS is Linux) for several weeks. But since some time I can't access servers anymore. Always same error "Virtual machine detected. Code: 0x14(0)". This was till Today. I have no idea why, but Today your AntiCheat let me played, but only till the next restart of the game. For some reason your AntiCheat did not work Today.

Can't you just contact developers of Active AntiCheat to remove the VM restriction as it's impacting normal, non cheating players? It's not like changing entire behaviour of anticheat, it's just disabling one requirement..

Come on it's amazing priv server and we just want to play on it.

regards

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello,

Virtual machine is not cheating, and if anticheat does't detect it, it doesn't mean that it doesn't work at all. We can sugges that maybe there's some correlation with the PC features, but can't say for sure. You're lucky if you don't have to disable the virtual machine for playing the game then. 

However, as it was said before, we are not the creators of anticheat, but the users of it. 

veema    0
On 1/10/2021 at 2:11 PM, TheAlmighty said:

Hello,

Virtual machine is not cheating, and if anticheat does't detect it, it doesn't mean that it doesn't work at all. We can sugges that maybe there's some correlation with the PC features, but can't say for sure. You're lucky if you don't have to disable the virtual machine for playing the game then. 

However, as it was said before, we are not the creators of anticheat, but the users of it. 

Hey,

Thanks for reply. Well EuroAion is not working for me on virtual machine (it used to work, but now it is not). As you just said, playing on virtual machine is not cheating, then why it's being blocked? Like, literally it's the only game that blocks it!

I totally get it that you are not developer of Active Anticheat, but come on you are EuroAion admins. Can't you just disable this one anticheat VM check? By your own or by contacting anticheat developer?

regards

TheAlmighty    1,046
On 1/26/2021 at 12:22 AM, veema said:

Hey,

Thanks for reply. Well EuroAion is not working for me on virtual machine (it used to work, but now it is not). As you just said, playing on virtual machine is not cheating, then why it's being blocked? Like, literally it's the only game that blocks it!

I totally get it that you are not developer of Active Anticheat, but come on you are EuroAion admins. Can't you just disable this one anticheat VM check? By your own or by contacting anticheat developer?

regards

Hello,

No, we cannot just disable that VM check, exactly because we are not the AA creators. 

Xeron    0

Just wanted to give my 2 cents. I do not play on this server because of this stupid anti cheat. I won't turn off/on virtualization each time to play a game, I need my virtualization for work, since I'm a developer.

Edited by Xeron

kyomai    0

Your anti-cheat suck ass

Was curious about testing your so call "Quality server" but ran on the issues i'm actually using a Shadow PC (Cloud gaming PC) to play and your anti cheat who so reliable just cuck a bunch of people in my case and other who work with VMs.

Just swap it, it suck, if something require an user to do some tweak or block user for not using SPECIFIC TYPE OF MACHINE you just ruin the fun and get people out before even they have the chance to experience it, that call being lazy, fix this shit.

What a waste of MB your server is.

Edited by kyomai

kiitsu9123    0

Hi guys, 

I try to play on ShadowPC (cloud computing) but I can't have an access to the BIOS. If someone have a solution, I really want to play at Euroaion, Im so nostalgic. 

Have fun.

Christof    72
5 hours ago, kyomai said:

Your anti-cheat suck ass

Was curious about testing your so call "Quality server" but ran on the issues i'm actually using a Shadow PC (Cloud gaming PC) to play and your anti cheat who so reliable just cuck a bunch of people in my case and other who work with VMs.

Just swap it, it suck, if something require an user to do some tweak or block user for not using SPECIFIC TYPE OF MACHINE you just ruin the fun and get people out before even they have the chance to experience it, that call being lazy, fix this shit.

What a waste of MB your server is.

Hey @kyomai,

Please moderate your language here, our anti-cheat won't work with cloud computing services.

Christof    72
36 minutes ago, kiitsu9123 said:

Hi guys, 

I try to play on ShadowPC (cloud computing) but I can't have an access to the BIOS. If someone have a solution, I really want to play at Euroaion, Im so nostalgic. 

Have fun.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your shadow PC services.