Sign in to follow this  
Nickthequick

New Player's Problem

Hello everyone, today I began to play on this server with my friend. Just by playing for a few minutes, it was really satisfying and it brought me back to the good old days!
I read on the website that new players would receive a free weapon at the start of the game and a piece of gear at level 10.. but i didn't think it would have been a fabled one, instantly available for the use! When i used to play Aion, i loved getting stronger little by little, earning my gear with quests and hunting. This doesn't seem too fitting for my playstyle. I get that this is meant for those that don't really like to play the early stages of the game, but here's where i have a problem with this: my friend and I are not gonna use these free and OP stuff because we want to enjoy the super classic Aion experience; but if everyone is using them, probably in the future we will not find anyone available to do a Fire Temple, a Steel Rake, a Theobomos Lab or a Dark Poeta run, for example. Also, if we encounter some Asmos in Eltnen or Heiron, we will not stand a chance with our honest gear. Can someone confirm this or reassure me that there are also other players that love to play like us? That would be really good to hear! Thanks in advance for the answer, and see you in game!

Tia    31

I think that there are still people running Dark Poeta, for the quests if nothing else. It's been a while now since I leveled an alt here but I think if you are persistent you will not have a problem finding groups for DP and TL. People also do Steel Rake from time to time but almost noone does Fire Temple. I agree that the free gear is a bad move but a lot of people like it so sadly its here to stay. I would say there are people who like lower lvl content but they are a minority.

yujnx    20

Like Tia said people still do Steel Rake and Dark Poeta, mostly because of pink quests. You should have no problem with finding people so don't worry about it. 

Free gear just makes leveling a bit easier; I would suggest keeping it only for low lvl PvP situations if you enjoy gearing up yourself. I would say that having that free gear makes little difference since majority always rushes to 65 on this patch - similar experiece on 4.0+ retail and other private servers.