Sign in to follow this  
Lux Crownguard

Character creation is giving me epilepsy

Hi,

Newcomer here, I freshly downloaded and checked the game.

I managed to connect to the server after a couple fail times (said I was instantly disconnected from the server). I guess it is related to the DDOS attacks currently happening on the server.

When I get to the Character Creation, I am getting lightning problems, as if an electric light was getting on and off several times per second.

It switches very rapidly between the 2 (see screenshots).

Has anyone had this problem before and how to solve it?

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Edited by Lux Crownguard

wolf    2

I've had it before in the retail na version.....I don't remember what I finally did to fix it.  However try changing the graphics engine to default or running it as a window instead of full screen.  Then once done with creating a toon change it back and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wolf said:

I've had it before in the retail na version.....I don't remember what I finally did to fix it.  However try changing the graphics engine to default or running it as a window instead of full screen.  Then once done with creating a toon change it back and you should be good to go.

Thanks, I tried changing from windowed fullscreen (my go-to settings in every game) to windowed and fullscreen, none got rid of the flickering.

Although, I changed back all the visual settings back to default and it seems to have fixed it completely in the Character Creation screen so far.

I'll get back to highest quality once in game.

It seems this problem is specific to nVidia GPU users.

berousing    10

Hi

Create temporary character, login on it, go to graphics, change the engine to the default instead of high quality et voila.

Good night

Edited by berousing

Tia    31

This is caused by the High Quality graphics engine, and it can be resolved either by reentering character creation a few times until the problem disappears (don't panic if you see bleeding colours, your GPU is not dying!) or changing to default graphics and then back once you have created your character.
Be aware that using the high quality graphics engine you will also get similar flickers in certain areas of the game itself, especially those where multiple layers of ground and geodata are present at the same time (like for example the ruined land in Sarpan with the caves beneath it or the Strigik forest in Sarpan)

• Like 1

Konoyaro    60

What GPUs are you using? Might be a specific type of architecture doing this. AMD Navi Cards?

simbex    0

Hi there, i got the same problem but not only at Character creation, evan at some locations like(Abyss Krotan,Sarpan some places....bla bla). how can i fix this,i dont care abouse Character creation,but the rest is pain. help please.

Chusheen    45

You cant fix that. Its a unsolved problem with high quality settings since it came out. Dont know if official server solved it