Bumblebee

Black Screen when alt - tabbing or altering graphs

Bumblebee    0

Hi,

So i finally downloaded the game... However I can't change anything in the graphs... Even worse, when I alt+tab I get a full black screen (can't even see the task manager to close the game).

GPU : Radeon 5700 XT (drivers are up to date and I also installed the DirectX + C++ + NET framework).

Thanks for the help

Regards

Konoyaro    60

Navi cards tend to have issues with directx 9 applications, reasons not yet known. Even though not sure your video card to blame, it's highly possible. Try "Full Screen" instead of "Windowed Full Screeen".

Edited by Konoyaro

DevWolx    62

I used to get black screen sometimes when alt tabbing if I play on "fullscreen" so I only play on "windowed" or "windowed full screen". I you can't change the graphics setting make sure "Fixed FPS" is unchecked. Try also playing in "Default" graphics engine not "High Quality".

• Thanks 1

Bumblebee    0

I tried but even getting into windowed screen gives me a black screen and it doesn't let me save those settings :'(...

Any other advice? I'd really like to pick up the game again

Konoyaro    60
4 hours ago, Bumblebee said:

I tried but even getting into windowed screen gives me a black screen and it doesn't let me save those settings :'(...

Any other advice? I'd really like to pick up the game again

Try setting your graphics using the SystemGraphicsOptions.cfg (or something like that) with a text editor in Aion main folder if you can't do it from game.

Bumblebee    0

Hi,

Really appreciate the feedback and tips and tricks. I tried switching to 32 bit but without any luck.

8 hours ago, Konoyaro said:

Try setting your graphics using the SystemGraphicsOptions.cfg (or something like that) with a text editor in Aion main folder if you can't do it from game.

I honestly woudln't even know how to start with this I'm afraid...

Don't get me wrong tho I can play the game, just SUPER annoying I can't alter any graphics and can't alt-tab to do whatever...

If any other things come up please let me know?

Thanks

Johan

DevWolx    62

Try to delete the system.cfg and SystemGraphicsOptions.cfg (or better just rename them as OLD or something or move them elsewhere as backup) if they do not exist in the game folder the game will basically create new fresh ones to reset settings and see what happens. If it doesn't fix your settings you will need to modify the SystemGraphicsOptions.cfg manually and put it on read only so that the settings stay fixed. The settings there mirror the ones in the graphic settings, if something is a checkmark it's either 0 or 1, the sliders go from 0 to 5 I believe. There is also a thread about adding other lines to smooth the gameplay a bit and gain more fps if you are interested.

• Like 1

Bumblebee    0

Ok!!! altering the systemgraphicsoption.cfg to checkmark the windowed full screen works !

Although I can't change the graph settings ingame at least i can alt--tab now

thanks a lot for your help guys

boubis    0

Can someone help me i have same problem and i cant find system.cfg or  SystemGraphicsOptions.cfg