Sign in to follow this  
Tia

Persistence and Luck - Tears of Luck

Tia    31

Hello,
for the last Miragent armor quest (Persistence and Luck), the player is supposed to gather 10 Tears of Luck by either essencetapping in Heiron/Theobomos, or by collecting Tears of Luck from spawn points where they spawn during the night as little shining rocks on the ground, There are many maps such as this on Google and also videos on YouTube of players collecting the Tears during the night.
However, on this server, the Tears of Luck do not spawn in Heiron or Theobomos and have to be gathered by essencetapping only. Is this a change that you made on purpose, or is it just a problem that has never been investigated?
Thank you for your time and response

unnamed.jpg

Hayter    83

I did this quest on this server. The tears do spawn at given points. But there is a very strict conditions. The only spawn between 23-01 ingame time. So it is only 10 minutes realtime. And they spawn not at all points. It is decided by random either there will be tear at point or no. You have to be very clever at using bind, kisk, return, and teleport scrolls to check as many points as you can. And it is a real pain. Essencetapping is so much easier way. Especially by "abort" method. Just wear the quest ring a go collect. And if you collect and don't see a tear - move you caracter a bit to abort gathering. And start again. This is the fastet way. Patema ruins is the best place for this. After i tried to collect tears at spawn points and got only 2 tears for 3 nights i went to Pathema ruins to collect and finished the quest in less than 1 hour. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Tia    31

Then I must have just been extremely unlucky. I waited for 7 ingame nights between 23 and 1 ingame time (because I know that they only spawn at that time) in the spot at Nolantis Ruins and was not able to find even 1 tear. I am just opposed to the idea of leveling essencetapping on every single character I get past 50 and want the Miragent on, as it takes a long time and serves no purpose once you already have a character with 499. But seems like I will just have to do it again if the rate on the appearance of Tears is so extremely low here.

Hayter    83

The rate of appearance of tears always was extremly low on retail server too. There are about 40 spots in 4 locations (Verteron, Elthen, Heiron,Theobomos ) and tears only spawn at 3-5 spots. So you have to be extremly lucky to get a tear during the night. Especialy if you do it solo - there is a lot of runing, returning, clever binding, kisk, teleport to be done to visit as many spot as you can in 10 minutes. This quest was always a pain this way. But at times when aion servers were more populated and many people did this quest - all spawn spots were watched by people, and at 23 the people from spots that got tear linked the place into world - and everybody went there and took it. it was easier back then.

Edited by Hayter
  • Thanks 1

Tia    31

I did this on retail a few patches later (4.8 I think?) and the Tears spawned 3-4 times during the 10 min window at the same spot so it was easy to do it in the night. I think I will look in all other spots then and see if I get lucky there.