Sign in to follow this  
Odynson

Very slow download speed

Odynson    0

The only thing keeping me and maybe many other potential players to play on this  server is the slow download speed. 

Through the launcher both direct and torrent, it never exceedes 1MB/s. Considering that the game client has 47GB it takes DAYS to download. 

Considering that the server is named Euroaion, the download should also be Euro download speed, it's really frustrating to wait ages when the majority of players have internet speeds that exceede 10MBs. 

My question is: are there any other download links with speeds of atleast 10MBs? 

I checked a direct link, but the speed is capped at 2MBs. I really hope you can solve this issue with the client download, i bet many people turn around when they see this download speed. 

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello, 

When you download from the direct link, the speed only depends on your internet. 

Regarding the download from torrent, the speed on the server is 10Mb/sec. 

Odynson    0

Thanks for the reply, it must be capped at 2MBs because i got a gigabit connection.

Would you mind posting the direct link, maybe i used another link?

TheAlmighty    1,046
1 minute ago, Odynson said:

Thanks for the reply, it must be capped at 2MBs because i got a gigabit connection.

Would you mind posting the direct link, maybe i used another link?

In case you cannot download the client with torrent or launcher:

• Follow link and download all the files - Download
  • Launch EuroAion.part01.exe and choose a folder for unpacking of the client;
  • Press "Unpack". After the unpacking the client will be available for launch.

Hi Odynson, I understand the furstration of not being able to download to the fullest speed your Internet provider can handle. If there is something as exciting as EuroAion, you want it now, lol! The download link above from Fex.net fluctates between 2-25 MBps.

Can the Admins upload it to other file hosts for convenience, such as Mega.nz, Megaup.net and Google Drive. It will help to have more options to download than just 1, so we can download from all in parts as an "integrated" download method. Probably need to split the files to 9 or 10 parts (if 47GB in size), if that helps?

TheAlmighty    1,046
5 hours ago, Sister Bliss said:

Hi Odynson, I understand the furstration of not being able to download to the fullest speed your Internet provider can handle. If there is something as exciting as EuroAion, you want it now, lol! The download link above from Fex.net fluctates between 2-25 MBps.

Can the Admins upload it to other file hosts for convenience, such as Mega.nz, Megaup.net and Google Drive. It will help to have more options to download than just 1, so we can download from all in parts as an "integrated" download method. Probably need to split the files to 9 or 10 parts (if 47GB in size), if that helps?

Mega.nz and Megaup.net have strict limits on traffic even with the paid accounts. Google drive will only let 3 people to download the game and then the files will be blocked for download for a month (we have already tried to use it). 

Well, that's not a problem at all with Mega's file hosts. It's better than not being able to download quickly to play EuroAion on the same day instead of waiting for few days. I'd rather not keep the players waiting as they'll start looking elsewhere. Not that there are any better Aion PSers out there. But if they try them, they might get hooked.

Anything I can do to help with that, maybe create my own account and post links to anyone struggling to download?

TheAlmighty    1,046
15 hours ago, Sister Bliss said:

Well, that's not a problem at all with Mega's file hosts. It's better than not being able to download quickly to play EuroAion on the same day instead of waiting for few days. I'd rather not keep the players waiting as they'll start looking elsewhere. Not that there are any better Aion PSers out there. But if they try them, they might get hooked.

Anything I can do to help with that, maybe create my own account and post links to anyone struggling to download?

This system has very strict limits even on the paid accounts, especially for our file sizes.