Sign in to follow this  
Epidemic

Error while trying dualboxing

Epidemic    0

Hello again!

I've been trying to dualbox (dual client) to hold group for myself but, shortly after launching the second client, I get the error "Failed to set graphic acceleration preferences".

Note that this only happens when trying to dualbox, and also my graphic card's drivers are up to date (I have checked the common issues thread for the solution). Thanks in advance for any help!

sophisticated    241

Hello! 

Please make sure that you have all the necessary programs from our website installed.

image.png.8990995d3d3093aca2fb0038aae4e6a5.png

This usually happens due to a lack of video card updates or corrupted drivers. You need to check the availability of drivers through a special program of your video card or from the manufacturer's website - install and reboot your PC.

Epidemic    0

As I mentioned, that's already done (yesterday, so it can't be more up-to-date than this). Also, if I didn't have DirectX, Visual C++, or NET Framework, I wouldn't be able to play at all, right? Whereas I encounter issues only when opening a 2nd client. I can play just fine with one.

Booblik    116
3 часа назад, Epidemic сказал:

Hello again!

I've been trying to dualbox (dual client) to hold group for myself but, shortly after launching the second client, I get the error "Failed to set graphic acceleration preferences".

Note that this only happens when trying to dualbox, and also my graphic card's drivers are up to date (I have checked the common issues thread for the solution). Thanks in advance for any help!

Just for the sake of clarification: are you trying to use a third party launcher app or are you launching the launcher a second time?

sophisticated    241
1 час назад, Epidemic сказал:

As I mentioned, that's already done (yesterday, so it can't be more up-to-date than this). Also, if I didn't have DirectX, Visual C++, or NET Framework, I wouldn't be able to play at all, right? Whereas I encounter issues only when opening a 2nd client. I can play just fine with one.

Please attach a screenshot of the error. Also, please tell me if you have installed the driver iz3d? It could also be the cause of this error and uninstalling it should solve the problem

Epidemic    0
18 hours ago, Booblik said:

Just for the sake of clarification: are you trying to use a third party launcher app or are you launching the launcher a second time?

I am launching the launcher a second time.

17 hours ago, sophisticated said:

Please attach a screenshot of the error. Also, please tell me if you have installed the driver iz3d? It could also be the cause of this error and uninstalling it should solve the problem

I attached a screenshot. The lower line says: "Unable to find the specified path".
I don't have the iZ3D driver installed.

I will add that I've been suggested it could be my hardware, and while it's true my rig is not so powerful, I've dualboxed in the past (not on EuroAion) so it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Screenshot 2023-06-02 093305.png

Edited by Epidemic

Epidemic    0

I sort of solved the problem. While trying to start a second client while already in the game with the first, I got the error. I then tried, for no reason really, to start the 2nd client while in character selection with the first client. This way I managed to dualbox!