Sign in to follow this  
Epidemic

Transparent map repositions itself automatically

Epidemic    0

Hello,

My transparent map keeps repositioning itself after a set of actions that happen in-game; most notably (but not only) when a cutscene plays. This, of course, gets very tedious when leveling up.

Please, note that 1) the Auto-arrange Windows option is not ticked; and 2) my bars are locked, I only unlock them to move the map back to where I'm used to having it.

How can I solve this annoying issue? Thank you in advance!

sophisticated    241

Hello!

Please check if "Read Only" is unchecked in the game folder. If not, uncheck it and repeat the actions that led to the displacement of the map. 

Epidemic    0

Hello, thanks for the answer!

It was indeed checked, so I unchecked it, but the issue persists. For example, if I go to Options, then click OK without actually changing any in-game option, that's one of the things that repositions the map, and it did now as well, so the problem was not solved.

sophisticated    241

Each time you use the settings, the map is reset to its default position. If this functionality bothers you when playing, I can recommend that you use a small version of the map that won't change its position when you change settings or watch cut scenes.