DadyRick

Aion - Linux steam os proton

DadyRick    0

I'm seeing a lot of content on the internet about Linux taking a big step for easy gaming but seeing tutorial / guides on how to set up the Linux OS being (mint/ubuntu/Debian) to run the games but seeing that everyone is saying all i need to use is the torminal and that scars me, I've never used linux and well ive try giving it a go and well i all way get stuck behind the root / admin access thing and well that drives me up the wall for not knowing how to set that us sorry for making a long story ….. my question is  is this version of Aion (EURO Aion) can it run on Linux and if so I want to try out Steam OS that's running on the Steam Deck 

if i can play Aion on Linux that will be amazing but i don't car if i cant play my other games that use anti cheat like destiny or 7 days to die.... Aion is my childhood fav game well since i started watching my dad playing it from patch 3 i think but i started at patch 5 or 6

Christof    72

Hey @DadyRick, from all I've seen if you have the Linux system in your machine you can't really play aion, but my suggestion is to have a dual boot in your local disk with Windows and Linux. I hope you can fix the problem and come play on our server.

Regards Christoff.

• Like 1

bestcat    0

Aion works fine on linux, but there is an anti-cheat asset on unofficial servers, because of it, aion does not start on the portproton and in the steam, if the developers of the anti-cheat asset add support to wine, then there will be hope, but they are already satisfied with everything