Sign in to follow this  
Klodd

Templar Guide for DPS

Klodd    14

Hey Masters of plate,

I currently arm my templar with a fully upgraded and conditioned AC Remodeled Danur Warhammer (mace) with full crit strike stones. I know for dps Templars aren't the best class choice.

Ive sometimes been struggling to do enough dps in instances to keep aggro. I do all the buffs to increase monster aggro onto me and sometimes it doesn't seem to matter. Also, in pvp I just don't do a lot of dmg very quickly.

Would socketing Attack manastones help?

Also, Is the combo of the AC greatsword and BM greatsword good? IF so, what makes it good? I don't usually use 2hs at all.

Raidon    108

You need a decent greatsword for a PvE DPS builds.AC with BM would be considered "low end" because BM weapons are absolute garbage. And Mace+shield is only good for shield block skills and shield bash chains OR full-on tank build with Empyrean Providence. It's not good for the main DPS build.

If you want to do good DPS in PvE, you need a decent greatsword and gear socketed correctly. Right now aim for 1,000-1,100 crit UNDER food&scroll and 3000 accuracy to land all of your skills.

I don't know what ping you have, but high ping (70+) would lower your DPS as templar significantly. As a templar with a greatsword, you have to weave every 2nd skill and know proper rotation to sustain good DPS. High ping prevents you from weaving efficiently.

As for PvP its simple - You need PVP weapon. Something mythical like Sauro or RST greatsword at least +10 with at least BM weapon under it.

• Like 1

Klodd    14

Hey Raidon,

Thanks for the very thorough reply  and info.

I do have high Ping.

Ok, for combining weapons, do I need to upgrade and manastone socket before I combine the swords or can I do it after?