Cryolite    1

Hello there,

First of all, my PC spec because I feel like it matters:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
16gb DDR4@2933
RTX 2070
NVME Samsung 970 Pro

Windows 10 Pro rev. 20H2

My latency to EuroAion servers stays around 20-30ms without fluctuation.

Aion client after first start showed pretty heavy stuttering, every time when mob/npc/player got rendered, my client started to stutter, FPS drops were from 60 to 20-30 for half a second. I did some search, found this topic:

Applied all changes and my FPS went from 60 to over 200, yet stuttering was still there (now from over 200 fps to around 30-40 for half a second).

Downloaded ARM, started client with it and same story.

I did PC restart and here is interesting part:

- Client works perfectly after PC restart
- After some time stuttering shows up and gets worse and worse

I tried to run PC with memory safe-mode on 2133, yet same story.

I have disabled windows exploit protection, found somewhere that it may affect client.

Friend of mine gave me idea about DX9 emulation (since RTX 2070 alongside with Win10 have problem with DX9) but I wasn't able to find out any useful information. All I did was - installed additional DirectX SDK from Microsoft website.

Appreciate any help.

Raidon    108

It's because Zen and Zen+ CPUs have low IPS compared to later gen Zen2 and Intel CPUs. And since this game is running on an old engine that cannot utilize multi-core CPUs (It only uses a single core at all times), Ryzen will cause stutters and low DPS when rendering large amounts of characters on screen because of its low single-core performance. I've also tried playing Aion on Ryzen 1600x and it was a nightmare. Even 4th / 5th gen i3 would run Aion with no issues at all.

If you want to run Aion, you have to either OC your CPU to as high as you possibly can, or switch to Intel.

Cryolite    1
5 hours ago, Raidon said:

It's because Zen and Zen+ CPUs have low IPS compared to later gen Zen2 and Intel CPUs. And since this game is running on an old engine that cannot utilize multi-core CPUs (It only uses a single core at all times), Ryzen will cause stutters and low DPS when rendering large amounts of characters on screen because of its low single-core performance. I've also tried playing Aion on Ryzen 1600x and it was a nightmare. Even 4th / 5th gen i3 would run Aion with no issues at all.

If you want to run Aion, you have to either OC your CPU to as high as you possibly can, or switch to Intel.

Makes sense but what is weird:

After complete reboot, I can play for an hour or two without single problem, all works with over 200 fps, even in Sanctum. Stuttering shows up after a while. 

Second question is - friend of mine is playing on Ryzen 1600X and he has no problems at all.

I have controlled system performance from start to end and it always shows activity on last CPU core.