Sign in to follow this  
Krissy8519

Gear/Weapons

Krissy8519    2

Struggling with the gifted dear and weapons. Seems to take all the purpose out of the Earlier game play. Is there anyone else that feels this way? Or am I maybe missing something. I miss the old Aion where we could just play exp x1 and enjoy all the dungeons and gear drops. Looking for others who might want to play with the group we have the normal way. Unless i'm wrong and maybe someone could help me out :)

• Like 1

Real game begins at 65 and BM gear, all U do before is temporary inconviniences)) There is no huge online to play all way through low level content. So just lvl up fast and enjoy gear drops at endgame dungeons)

Liramlis    0
2 hours ago, Krissy8519 said:

Struggling with the gifted dear and weapons. Seems to take all the purpose out of the Earlier game play. Is there anyone else that feels this way? Or am I maybe missing something. I miss the old Aion where we could just play exp x1 and enjoy all the dungeons and gear drops. Looking for others who might want to play with the group we have the normal way. Unless i'm wrong and maybe someone could help me out :)

hmm so we get op gear from the start?

blackout    15

I feel the same, but I can also understand why it is done.  Players are funneled towards end-game and most of the other content is only there as a practicing ground to learn skill rotations and get at least a little familiarization with the class.

The core gameplay has been designed by the original developers to speed players towards endgame.  Hell, just look at patch 6.2 and later, even a casual can hit the end in a single day.  This is because the game is designed around faction vs faction warfare and pvp raiding (real raiding).  They don't want players meandering at lower levels not contributing toward content.. remember when they removed the xp death penalty to stop players from twinking?

Personally, I'd like no starter gear either (or pink quest gear for that matter), the game is already quick enough.  At least this way drops would matter more.  As it is now, the only thing worth picking up as you level are balaur material (sells good right now), and manastones (crit and magic boost).  Even a gold drop is just vendor food until its high enough to potentially turn into good enchant stones.  The only gear drop that might be exciting are accessories, but aside from world bosses (think Andre) or instances, most accessory drops are junk. 

That being said, you would need a really large population to sustain slower leveling because people would be spread thin across all levels.  Faster leveling means more people at 65, which is more players to run stuff with--and 4.x has a lot more endgame content than previous patches, so overall I think it was a good decision.

Edited by blackout