Sign in to follow this  
Ellowain

Gear Suggestion

Ellowain    73

Ditch the starter gear. It's OP and has led to the death of Armor/Weapon craft in this server. I've seen others complain about this too,

I get that you want to draw in new people with shiny starter gifts, but make the gear last for 30 days. This gives new players a nice perk to get started and level up easily  BUT STILL gives a motivation to put time (and money) into crafting and leveling for that first month while they are on a countdown until their OP gear expires. 

Furthermore, give a 30-60 day countdown for the destruction of the current sets that were given out. Want to see more people online grinding away and paying for shop items? What better motivation to play/pay/level/craft when the freebie stuff is being phased out in a few months? 

I'd love to see all the crafts healthy again. MMOs are supposed to be a slow grind. If this server starts to stagnate in numbers, please try ditching the OP sets and give lv10-55 prizes for overworld PVP to get the love for toons/twink PvP and Armor/Weapon/Tailoring crafting back. 

Please consider for a future update someday?

• Like 1

Chastise    33

Please no, leveling up is already a pain, I have vietnam flashbacks only by thinking about leveling up with coins gear again

• Like 2

Konoyaro    60

It's not working here anymore. If you post this 10 years ago most of the people would agree. League of Legends and every instant gratification game fucked up people's dopamine receptors so badly they want instant top gear on max enchant straight away.

• Like 2

DevWolx    62

Why would the starter gear have anything to do with crafting ? After beshmundir temple it basically becomes obsolete once you reach max level if you wanna get in into most instances. Without it you would go over coin gear anyways. It's just a faster way to comfortably go through the leveling process which I'm sure majority have done countless number of times already. The starter gear may look to you as a draw in for new players but I see it mostly done for veterans that replayed that old content so many times or even when you wanna level up a new character and have to go through all of that again. And putting a 30 days limit on it is gonna be a stressful experience (oh shit I must get 65 before it runs out). You know, not everyone have all the time in the world to play this game like it's another life, some people have obligations or play also other games you know.

This patch's point is into the endgame anyways and most of the player base is there, and sooner you reach them the better experience. Many came here because this is 4.6 and we know why. Almost no one runs old content here and there's no reason to it's not worth. If you want old content go play on a private server with a previous patch, that also have a lower level cap for all the twinks that stay 55 here for w/e reason if not picking on low level players in old maps. "Honest" twinking may had some sense back then on retail cause you basically refuse the update and wanna stay in your own world and had people to play old content with like a community, but in a private server makes no sense since there's other servers with the patch you want already.

"MMOs are supposed to be a slow grind", reaching max level is already pretty slow as it is if you don't use exp buffs and manage it well, for a totally new player even with an OP starter gear he will still struggle cause lack of information and game experience. And reaching max level doesn't equal finishing the game. The game at level 65 just begins and there's so many stuff to grind and everyone knows Aion's RNG so it is a slow grind and the starter gear has nothing to do with it to make it easier or faster at lategame.

Ellowain    73

Think what you want, but Kono has a point. MMO's are just battle arena's these days. And the cheater-beater gear basically got rid of any reason to have low level alts for the rift. 

Just look at the slow and painful death of retail Aion and the fact that there are more people on private servers than retail. If players just want to level up as fast as possible, get free OP stuff at the start and just get to endgame for PvP then you would be on retail instead of here. 

• Like 1

DevWolx    62

I'm not saying he doesn't have a point, there is people like that, but you need to look at all the perspectives, cause not everyone is like that. And if you want PvP only instant gear there's a private server for that.

Aion retail died because mostly the fault of the publisher with all the BS p2w and other stuff + newer content became more and more stale. That's why people quit to go for private server in the first place. And each one goes to a server that serves his needs, each one has his own preferences. For me I started thinking about quitting retail right after the 5.x stuff happened and I was going back and forth there until I stopped and already started playing on other private servers (which I won't say the names) But this isn't my first private server. So I can't even tell you how many character I had to level up and there's many like me.

I again fail to see how the starter gear would ruin anything of what you say, if the majority of people really wanna do what you say in this server they would be doing it starter gear or not from the beginning of the server, please explain how the starter gear prevents you or anyone from rifting or doing low level pvp ? The answer is just that majority here is not interested in that.

Starter gear is just to skip mindless coin gear grinding for each ~10 level so you can actually do the campaigns and quests and instances to progress faster to reach endgame faster where "the meat" of the game is in this patch, it has no relation to pvp whatsoever, and again after a point it becomes obsolete. Again If you want to play old content you can go to other private servers that have previous patches, If majority here wanted rifting and old maps pvp they would be doing it actively but no majority that comes to 4.6 is for endgame and not 2.x or 3.x content.