Sign in to follow this  
Quas

Revitalize Open World PvP (Suggestion)

Quas    4

Hello Everbody,

this post is mainly ment for admin and support staff, but feel free to share your thoughts on this topic aswell.

first of all i wanted to say i really enjoy playing this server there is just one thing thats been bothering me for a while and its starting to kinda ruining the gameing experience for me so i decided to make a forum post about that topic. Its the activity of OW(Open World) PvP on this server.

I feel like most of the time you just run arround in Katalam/Danaria/Tia Eye for like 30min - 1h searching for people of the other faction to PvP with, only to find some Rank 5 ppl trying to do garrisons. The only time there is something similair to PvP is when its like 6pm and its Eternal Bastion/SWB (whatever you call it) time and people acutally start to leave Sanctum/Pande. The thing even then its not PvP its just farming people who dont even try to fight back because they just want to go the instance and eventuelly getting zerged by 1-2 alliances.

Maybe im just a crybaby and the only person thats annoyed/bored by that stuff and people actually love to grind PvE and PvE Events all day long to farm max gear just to do battleground everday (like Kamar, EOB, PvP SWB, Arena). Which i dont think because it feels like there is legit only one Asmo Grp for Kamar/PvP SWB and maybe like 2-3 for EOB. Atleast it feels like that as elyos.

I think it would be great for the playerbase of the server now and in the future if you would promote OW PvP more.

Now to the acutual suggestions I would have that may help.

1. Implement some kind of PvP Event.                                                                                   
    I Remember you had one like a long time ago where you would need to kill someone make a screenshot and the killer gets like enchantment stones
   and ceras as a reward.
   Or maybe there are some retail events like the one where the person with the most kills divided by classes gets a mount/title/skin

2. Change or add Garrison Quests
    Mayber just increase the amout of Glories you get pre quest, or add cera fragments, or add any other valuable item to the quests, like the box from tiamaranta
    (with like a really low chance of getting the enchantment stone like a really really low one)
    Or create Quests by yourself with really valuable rewards like high enchant stones, composite stones or even temperings. Of course the rewards must
    stand in relation to the effort. Not like 10 kills = enchantment stone or something.

Im not sure if this is even possible because i think Antonio said, self created quests might be bugged and not work well but imo i would rather have quests that are bugged and dont work 100% then a dead open world.

Please dont answer like to almost every other suggestion withe something like "this is not possible with the serverbuild we use" its getting really frustrating as a player if any idea thats brought up just gets shattered down with an argument like that.

If you have any othe ideas feel free to share them aswell.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Edited by Quas
  • Like 4

Haku    29

I agree this is much needed.

Some sort of perma or semi-perma eye pvp event/change would be great as well seeing as even eye is pretty empty most of the time. Not a lot is needed, just upping reward and kill count of already existing quests for simplicity's sake since they don't want to implement custom quests. Would it for example be possible to change the tia eye daily to 10-20 kills and put a rng box like from tia siege in the reward? Not sure if this would be incentive enough, but something along those lines. Similar is hard for garrisons since there are so many, but some sort of pvp weekly for kata-dana would be great... (guess this is impossible since it would require some sort of custom quest though).