Sign in to follow this  
Ellowain

Touchpad Button Troubles

Ellowain    73

So I can't click on anything when I try to use my laptop's touchpad. I can move the cursor around, but trying to right click buttons or even eft click to move the camera- nothing happens. I can click using a wireless mouse, but I never use a mouse with Aion (since I normally play on the couch or in bed, lol). And my touchpad works fine in retail Aion. . .so I'm pretty stumped here.

Any suggestions? 

Konoyaro    60

My first guess would be the Active Anticheat might blocks it, because that's the only difference between retail and EuroAion (besides of client version). Run the client without using EuroAion launcher. You won't be able to play then, because it will not let you log in, but we can see if your touchpad works in the main menu or not. If it works, then yes, it's probably the Active Anticheat, if it still not works, then the problem lies somewhere else. A wierd windows bug maybe. It can be many reasons, but you need to debug step by step starting from the major suspects of the issue to random stuff.

Edited by Konoyaro
  • Like 1

Ellowain    73

Ok! . . how do I run the client without the EurAion launcher? 

(I'm so sorry. This is my first time using a private server)

Ellowain    73

Ok! . . how do I run the client without the EurAion launcher? 

(I'm so sorry. This is my first time using a private server)

Also, in game I can double left-click on NPCs and get their chat box to pop up. . . but then I can't click on the buttons into the chat box to make the chat go further (like accepting quests) I can also double click on enemies to target them for attack. I can also right click on other characters to open the that little panel (whisper, duel, etc). . . but them can't click on the actual buttons whisper, etc. AND I can't use the right click to simply move the camera. 

Ellowain    73

One more thing;

Tried on my hubby's compy (we both have the same MSI, but I reformatted mine and his still has the synaptic pad/Elan touchpad drivers from MSI). His has the same trouble as mine. ALSO we can both DOUBLE click with cursor on enemies to activate battle and double click on NPCs to chat, it's the SINLGE click function of the right and left touchpad buttons that do not work.

Um, Is there any patch out there? 

Ellowain    73

So I've tried everything I can think of (updating drivers for my ELAN touchpad, changing touchpad setting, etc) and I cannot get the left click of this touchpad to work. I can click spells in my slots, I can double click enemies to target them, I can double click NPCs to start a conversation, I can right click other players to bring up that menu. . . . but I can't right click to move the camera or just click on stuff like the Accept button to start the game, or choosing which character to play, or clicking buttons in the options menu, or accepting quests. . .

I saw a Win10-Mouse-Fix-dll download for Aion emulator builds on another site, but I'm worried about messing with anything inside this client since this is supposed to be fully functional as is. 

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Please?

TheAlmighty    1,055

Hello, 

We already have the mouse fix in the game client, so downloading one more won't fix the issue. 

We can only suggest you to use a mouse. Probably the problem is really in the anticheat blocking the touchpad. 

Ellowain    73

Well, that is a super bummer. I take it there's no way to run the game without the anticheat, huh? Even just to test the theory? 

Also, thanks for answering. 

Konoyaro    60

There's no way. The far as you can go is the log in screen. The point of the anti cheat is to remain unavoidable. Unfortunately this cannot be solved.

Ellowain    73

Understood. =]

But just to let everyone know, I'm not so sure it's the anticheat. I booted up my super old laptop (2011 Viao/Win7/Synaptics PS/2) and dropped the exact copy of the game onto it in the exact say way I did my brand new MSI (Win 10/Elan touchpad +windows/Elan drivers). . . and the touchpad (clicking buttons, rotating camera, etc) works on that old computer perfectly on the first try. If the Viao wasn't dying and didn't run like a cow on ice, I would just game on that. 

Sorry to be a bother, but is there anything else you guys can think of for me to try? I'm going to attempt installing different synaptic drivers. . .but I don't have many ideas past that. :c

Ellowain    73

GUYS!! I found a fix!! It's something with the new Win10 Microsoft drivers for touchpads.

I noticed that my Synaptic/ELAN drivers had been wiped out on my new computer, but these old drivers were still around on my old computer that could play EuroAion without any touchpad  trouble. Then I read on other forums that Win10 had replaced these drivers for some standard Windows driver (HID-Compliant touch pad). So I tried manually installing the ELAN drivers again and this still didn't fix the problem. But then I noticed I had two drivers showing in the device manager- the HID-compliant and the ELAN. I disabled the ELAN, the touch pad still worked, and BOOM- I can click buttons and move the camera around in EuroAion. 

Did the same on my hubby's laptop. Disabled the extra touchpad driver (his was a Synaptic) and had the same success. 

So just posting that here- in case someone else could use the info. =]

touchpad.png