Sign in to follow this  
Mitrin

losing any ingame control

Mitrin    1

Hello!
So it happens from time to time since my very start on this server. The problem appears when I try to type something somewhere, and then my controls (I mean mouse and keys) stop working at all. The cursor disappears, I can't interact with game window at all. The only thing I can is to kill aion process with task manager.
Things I tried were to reconnect mouse 'n keyboard, alt+tab, alt+f4 (yeah it doesn't kill the window as well)
few more important things:
1) it could be not only chat, but also editing message in friends window, editing name in legion, pretty much anything that requires me to enter a text
2) everything outside aion screen works fine
3) this problem appears only in aion
4) I have RU and JAP languages installed (jap is microsoft language pack, which is default from settings), I thought maybe it's because of JAP, but when I accidentally type in japanese, there isn't any problem
So I'm desperately asking for help, because rebooting everytime it suddenly happens is very disappointing

image.thumb.png.53861f219680c234f5feb7ebdb22ebdd.png

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello,

We suggest you to try playing without the japanese layout, maybe it is really something that causes the problem.

Also, have you tried running the game with different mouse/keyboard? 

Sometimes such issues can happen due to the running (or even just installed) overlays, let's say "Overwolf". The latest requires full de-installation in order to stop messing with aion. So we suggest you to check and disable 3-rd party programs running along with the game (as we can see, there are some in the tray). 

Mitrin    1
2 часа назад, TheAlmighty сказал:

Hello,

We suggest you to try playing without the japanese layout, maybe it is really something that causes the problem.

Also, have you tried running the game with different mouse/keyboard? 

Sometimes such issues can happen due to the running (or even just installed) overlays, let's say "Overwolf". The latest requires full de-installation in order to stop messing with aion. So we suggest you to check and disable 3-rd party programs running along with the game (as we can see, there are some in the tray). 

I couldn't try other periphery, as I don't have any spare, but as you have said about overlays, I have a suspicion that it's discord's overlay option to be blamed. I'll try to play without it and any other not really necessary apps today.
Thanks for an advice, hope it'll help, if not I'll turn off japanese layout, and update this topic!

• Like 1