katalin99

THE GAME CRASHES

katalin99    0

HI , I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE CLIENT, WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE TYPE OF SCREEN/RESOLUTION OR CLICKING ALT+TAB THE SCREEN BECOMES BLACK AND THE GAME DOESN'T RESPOND. THERE IS A WAY TO REPAIR IT?

TheAlmighty    1,058

Hello,

If you have AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, the problem is really in the card. The thing is that the game is much older than the card and this is where the problems start. 

One of the players suggested one thing, but it may not help to everyone. Also we are not sure that there's a working way to solve the issue with alt+tab. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TheAlmighty    1,058

The resolution and settings of the cryengine are mostly handled in the system.cfg file. This file is encrypted, but there are editors out there that allow you to edit it and save it (just goolge it, dps meters require the system.cfg to be altered to work). With some tweaking, you might be able to get it to work, but playing in fullscreen window isn't that bad, I have more of a problem with the loss of the quality settings. If you edit the sytem.cfg or SystemOptionGraphics.cfg, make sure you turn on the read only flag on the file, the game will overwrite it. And makes copies, as the launcher might remove them / remove the read only lock, so you can put them back.

• Like 1

Konoyaro    60

It's a known issue with the AMD driver it suffers on almost every directx9 applications not just Aion. Just flood them with support tickets so they prio this issue. AMD is notorious with their bad drivers. Their processors are good but I'd rather stick with NVIDIA on flagship GPU cause you won't have problems like this with them.

Edited by Konoyaro