Sign in to follow this  
Gamel

Black screen on any graphic settings change

Gamel    1

Hi,

The game starts in 800x600 for me and when I try to change ANY graphic settings, it immediately gives me a black screen and I have to sign out of the user account to be able to do anything on my pc.

What can cause this? would really like to play on this server..

TheAlmighty    1,057
5 minutes ago, Gamel said:

Yes. Is that bad?

Unfortunately, this videocard causes quite a lot of issues with the game, as it is new, and the game is old. 

One of the players have found a way to kind of fix the issue, but it is still complicated:
To come back to your problem. The resolution and settings of the cryengine are mostly handled in the system.cfg file. This file is encrypted, but there are editors out there that allow you to edit it and save it (just goolge it, dps meters require the system.cfg to be altered to work). With some tweaking, you might be able to get it to work, but playing in fullscreen window isn't that bad, I have more of a problem with the loss of the quality settings. If you edit the sytem.cfg or SystemOptionGraphics.cfg, make sure you turn on the read only flag on the file, the game will overwrite it. And makes copies, as the launcher might remove them / remove the read only lock, so you can put them back.

• Like 1

Konoyaro    60

Navi cards having problems with DX9 applications, hopefully it's driver will be fixed in the future.

Konoyaro    60

If it doesn't work the way TheAlmighty suggested, you can try playing with your onboard graphic card of your processor (if there's one).