Sign in to follow this  
Salvus

Cannot play the game at screen resolution 3440x1440 Window full screen

Salvus    15

Hi,

I am trying to play the game at resolution 3440x1440 window full screen. I tried changing it in game but when I change the resolution and the screen mode to window full screen my screen turns black. I tried editing the SystemOptionsGraphics.cfg to the correct resolution and FULLSCREEN="1" and WINDOWFULLSCREEN="1" but that didn't help either.

I have deleted the file several times and relogged to try again but no luck. I can only play at 2560x1440. I also tried altering the launcher from 64 bit to 32 bit with different settings but that didn't work either.

I also reset the settings of the video card and after that the configuration file again but it just won't work. I am using an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

TheAlmighty    1,054

Hello,

The problem is that this resolution is quite too much for this old game, this is firstly, and second issue is your video card. 
Literally everyone having this card experience issues with black screen. For some of them switching to 32bit client worked, for someone else - playing in another window mode. We can't actually suggest much in this case. The card is just too new for the game :c

minfilia    1

The game can handle the resolution as it works on NVidia 1080ti card, but you ran into problems with your card. Although it always starts in window mode for me, I can change it to borderless. My problem with the cryengine is that there is fixed limit on the maximum amount of pixels that the screen can have. For me on bigger resolutions than 1920x1200, some of the high quality options, f.e. shadow are grayed out in the options. This is an known bug that was later fixed. There is a fix for this but that requires injecting into the cryengine.dll which is not allowed with Anti cheat :( and you need access to the aion.bin parameters (https://github.com/zzsort/Aion-Version-Dll) Atm, I don't want to play on 1080 to have everything on, I don't even own a 1080 / 1200 monitor.

To come back to your problem. The resolution and settings of the cryengine are mostly handled in the system.cfg file. This file is encrypted, but there are editors out there that allow you to edit it and save it (just goolge it, dps meters require the system.cfg to be altered to work). With some tweaking, you might be able to get it to work, but playing in fullscreen window isn't that bad, I have more of a problem with the loss of the quality settings. If you edit the sytem.cfg or SystemOptionGraphics.cfg, make sure you turn on the read only flag on the file, the game will overwrite it. And makes copies, as the launcher might remove them / remove the read only lock, so you can put them back.

• Like 1