Sign in to follow this  
Lux Crownguard

Trouble finding a class for me

I only played Aion once on retail in those patches, I used to play Gladiator, almost exclusively doing my quests solo.

I loved it but I am wondering if I should play something else now and I really have limited knowledge about all classes.

Things I like, they all are important to me:

• Movements (as Gladiator I can channel many abilities while still being able to move in the same time, I love that)
  • Damage
  • Sustain in the long run (regen HP somehow)
  • Being able to solo pretty much everything, because I do not know anybody here
  • OP (or very powerful) in PVP if the player plays it well
  • Fashionable items, like wearing robes and all, because I like my cutie to look good
  • Is needed in the server

So I was considering playing Gladiator because she respects pretty much everything I like, except maybe fashionable items, I do not know if I can still wear silk robes and high heels all on top of my heavy armor to cover the tanky aspect of the class and look feminine.

Give me some advice :3

• Like 1

Legea    5

Sounds like Aethertech, SM, Cleric or.. chanter which is is like a gladiator that can heal, only difference being lower damage but i think chanter is much cooler.

• Like 1

Thanks, I might try Cleric, but I am afraid of several things:

• Being unable to see what is happening on screen
  • Having trouble targeting and taking the target of my target (assisting)
  • Being unable to level up solo because of Cleric's weak damages and lack of aoe

The first 2 point are very scary and important for me.

Watching videos I am lost as to who is where, detect the class of the person I see, detect what skills the enemy is using.

I want to react accordingly. Think of it as, everything is messy and blurry like you are having tunnel vision, and I would end up mashing buttons hoping for the best because no matter how hard I try to understand, I am only losing time trying to figure out what to do.

My experience on Aion is very limited and was a few years back, but still it always felt like "Don't care what the opponent is doing, just mash the buttons".

I'm afraid I fall back into that.

I liked Gladiator because of that.

But as Cleric I would need to use my abilities with ever more focus to be the most efficient and impactful.

I was a prominent healer (Elven Elder) in Lineage 2 and very skilled. I did not have that problem in that game. I want that here.

Is it just going to take time?

Edited by Lux Crownguard