YaBoiJosh

Game Won't download

YaBoiJosh    0

so i saw this and got soooo excited 4.6 were the golden days for me but even though i have all my fire walls dropped completely the launcher will not download the game, it just says "preparing for download" but never actually starts. please help

TheAlmighty    1,057
45 minutes ago, YaBoiJosh said:

so i saw this and got soooo excited 4.6 were the golden days for me but even though i have all my fire walls dropped completely the launcher will not download the game, it just says "preparing for download" but never actually starts. please help

Hello, 

Try to add the game to the white list of all your antimalware programs including windows defender

YaBoiJosh    0

both the launcher and the game folder have been given permission and i switched off the firewalls, still not working

TheAlmighty    1,057
37 minutes ago, YaBoiJosh said:

both the launcher and the game folder have been given permission and i switched off the firewalls, still not working

Then try to go to the folder features
and remove the attribute "read only"
Apply it for all the inside files and folders

YaBoiJosh    0
12 hours ago, TheAlmighty said:

Then try to go to the folder features
and remove the attribute "read only"
Apply it for all the inside files and folders

yep i've just tried that now and still not working, the only file inside the game folder is "ClientInfo1223465" is there meant to be more?

TheAlmighty    1,057

Something else is blocking the download. The files can't be written to the game folder or can't be downloaded generally. Think of the other programs of settings that can be stopping the launcher from downloading the file