Crystal

Error on game client start

Crystal    0

Hello everyone, I'm issuing a problem during the game client start, just after the check of the anticheating system. The error is the following: "The instruction at 0x06616915 referenced the memory at 0x00000000. The memory cannot be written." (I translated from italian to english, so the message is very similar to the reported one).

After installing the game, I installed the DirectX, the Microsoft Visual C++ and .NET framework, as suggested in the download page. I reinstalled the game twice, both downloading it from utorrent and from the client.

Moreover, I checked in the forum, but it seems that no one still issued the same problem.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Penso tu sia Italiano, quindi ti risponderò in Italiano: Allora potresti provare a installare Aion official della gameforge , però non per intero cioè che apri l'updater e installi anche i pacchetti e bla bla, fai solo l'installazione iniziale <:

Però tienimi aggiornata <.< .. Perchè non penso che questo risolverà ma provare comunque non fa' male

TheAlmighty    1,054

Hello, this problem is not connected with the game client. There's something wrong in your PC. The easiest thing to do is to reboot the pc, close unnecessary programs and then start the game. Other solutions of this problem you will have to look on the internet. 

Crystal    0

Thanks TheAlmighty. I rebooted the PC as you suggested, but I issued the same error. It's strange, because I have no problem playing with the original Aion version.

Edited by Crystal

Crystal    0

Ciao Azcrel, grazie per il consiglio. Intendi scaricare il downloader di Aion, lasciarlo scaricare il gioco fino a compimento evitando di fare aggiornamenti, giusto?

Una volta che ho scaricato la versione originale, sostituisco l'exe del launcher di Aion con quello di EuroAion?

Grazie

16 hours ago, Azcrel big brain said:

Penso tu sia Italiano, quindi ti risponderò in Italiano: Allora potresti provare a installare Aion official della gameforge , però non per intero cioè che apri l'updater e installi anche i pacchetti e bla bla, fai solo l'installazione iniziale <:

Però tienimi aggiornata <.< .. Perchè non penso che questo risolverà ma provare comunque non fa' male

Edited by Crystal

Nono basta l'installazione, non devi scaricarti tutto l'official .. Senza sostituire nulla :<

E' giusto per farti installare i directx che usa l'offi

Edited by Azcrel big brain

Antonio    15

Hello,

Please, try to remove one of your RAM table and try again.
If you have 8GB's or more, remove each one by one, and try. It should fix your problem.

Thanks !

Hild    0

Thanks for the tip Antonio, I see what you were thinking.

Fortunately I still get the same error, even with 1 single memory bank (alternate), so the memory is not damaged. I never got this error before and it only happens with EuroAion.

I already tried with all the suggested solutions here: https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-the-instruction-at-referenced-memory-at-error/

(graphic card drivers are the most recent, .NET 4, I even added 5GB of virtual memory, no fast startup, and tried scan sfc /scannow).

The problem is most likely due to Active AntiCheat. As you know this software is installed at kernel level, so something on my PC is not allowing the anticheat to write on the protected part of the memory, so it can't overwrite Windows' instructions. But I don't know what (I disabled all the antivirus and firewall). I've read that this is not an uncommon issue for other anticheat software as well, like BattleEye (also installed at kernel level): https://forums.funcom.com/t/solved-the-instruction-at-0xxxxxxxxx-referenced-memory-at-0x00000000-the-memory-could-not-be-written/77131

Hild    0

Ok, thanks to my friends, I think I found the reason why the game cannot start.

Apart from my launcher...

5e9783a3677ed_launchereww.jpg.4531abeff8f7637ec8deb0ada96ed1a9.jpg

which is quite ugly, compared to the one of my friends:

5e9783cd2d170_launcherhmm.jpg.cb20dfcf02937f92d140332c0e452ef5.jpg

the main reason (I think) it's that my friends see this pop-up:

activeac.jpg.b0a854398fa7df180ad26191300f01a0.jpg

where they can allow Active Anticheat to make changes to their PC, while I don't see this window, so I didn't give the anticheat the permission to change the OS. I'm launching euroaion as administrator and both windows firewall and defender are turned off (I had to turn off Defender from the register, since the software didn't allow me to completely shutting it down). And yet...

Does anyone know how I can give this permission to the anticheat if I don't see the window above? (I'm messing up with a hard disc that I use only for euroaion, so I don't care much about authorizations... no way that I would have ruined my OS installing a software at kernel level for one game)

TheAlmighty    1,054
16 hours ago, Hild said:

Ok, thanks to my friends, I think I found the reason why the game cannot start.

Apart from my launcher...

Spoiler

5e9783a3677ed_launchereww.jpg.4531abeff8f7637ec8deb0ada96ed1a9.jpg

which is quite ugly, compared to the one of my friends:

Spoiler

5e9783cd2d170_launcherhmm.jpg.cb20dfcf02937f92d140332c0e452ef5.jpg

the main reason (I think) it's that my friends see this pop-up:

Spoiler

activeac.jpg.b0a854398fa7df180ad26191300f01a0.jpg

where they can allow Active Anticheat to make changes to their PC, while I don't see this window, so I didn't give the anticheat the permission to change the OS. I'm launching euroaion as administrator and both windows firewall and defender are turned off (I had to turn off Defender from the register, since the software didn't allow me to completely shutting it down). And yet...

Does anyone know how I can give this permission to the anticheat if I don't see the window above? (I'm messing up with a hard disc that I use only for euroaion, so I don't care much about authorizations... no way that I would have ruined my OS installing a software at kernel level for one game)

Hello, 

Do you get the error about memory cannot be written? 

TheAlmighty    1,054
10 hours ago, Hild said:

Yes, I get that error, like Crystal.

So, this error is connected with something wrong on your PC, most possibly this is a memory program. Run the game as administrator, clean your pc, remove and put back ram table(s), stop unnecessary programs.. There can be really a lot of problems and they are all not connected with game issues. The problem is only in the pc.

Hild    0
14 hours ago, TheAlmighty said:

So, this error is connected with something wrong on your PC, most possibly this is a memory program. Run the game as administrator, clean your pc, remove and put back ram table(s), stop unnecessary programs.. There can be really a lot of problems and they are all not connected with game issues. The problem is only in the pc.

I don't know what you mean for memory program, but no, the crash is caused by the launcher:

sendlog1.jpg.03bd6a883a855faa5b0604e550edaf30.jpg.f66336bcb08e4719f5f694fea28f229b.jpg

the exception handler is the AION server, not Windows. The game crashes as soon as it tries to connect to the server, at the black screen with the NCSoft logo. I can't even see the login screen, so it's not a problem of drivers, Direct(X) or .NET or not enough memory (as you can see from the sendlog, there were still 630 + 323 MB available).

The error is caused by a memory access violation: " In the event that an application attempts to access that allocation in memory reserved for and protected by the operating system, a memory access violation occurs and a corresponding access violation error is generated. " (https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-an-access-violation-error.html   just to know what I'm talking about). My RAM is not damaged. It's just that your launcher wants to write on a protected address (the 0x00000000) and Windows is telling it "no, you can't, that's my room".

If you don't know how to solve this error, it's fine. I just asked if Crystal (who had the same problem) solved it or (as it seems) he stopped trying and quit the game. A simple "clean your PC and reboot" wouldn't obviously solve an access violation error.

(Btw, that sendlog was with Windows at 32-bit. Today I installed - from scratch- the 64-bit version, so much more RAM and it's the same). Cheers.

TheAlmighty    1,054
5 hours ago, Hild said:

I don't know what you mean for memory program, but no, the crash is caused by the launcher:

Spoiler

sendlog1.jpg.03bd6a883a855faa5b0604e550edaf30.jpg.f66336bcb08e4719f5f694fea28f229b.jpg

the exception handler is the AION server, not Windows. The game crashes as soon as it tries to connect to the server, at the black screen with the NCSoft logo. I can't even see the login screen, so it's not a problem of drivers, Direct(X) or .NET or not enough memory (as you can see from the sendlog, there were still 630 + 323 MB available).

The error is caused by a memory access violation: " In the event that an application attempts to access that allocation in memory reserved for and protected by the operating system, a memory access violation occurs and a corresponding access violation error is generated. " (https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-an-access-violation-error.html   just to know what I'm talking about). My RAM is not damaged. It's just that your launcher wants to write on a protected address (the 0x00000000) and Windows is telling it "no, you can't, that's my room".

If you don't know how to solve this error, it's fine. I just asked if Crystal (who had the same problem) solved it or (as it seems) he stopped trying and quit the game. A simple "clean your PC and reboot" wouldn't obviously solve an access violation error.

(Btw, that sendlog was with Windows at 32-bit. Today I installed - from scratch- the 64-bit version, so much more RAM and it's the same). Cheers.

You just said that you had anoer error, not sendlog. For the sendlog, please, copy everything from the details and send it as a file. Do you get sendlog right on the start of the game?

And please, give the real description of the problem. All this time you were saying you got memory write error as crystal, and now i can see that it is sendlog. it confuses

navixaion    0
On 17/4/2020 at 4:37, TheAlmighty said:

Entonces, este error está relacionado con algo mal en su PC, lo más probable es que se trate de un programa de memoria. Ejecute el juego como administrador, limpie su PC, elimine y vuelva a colocar la (s) tabla (s) RAM, detenga los programas innecesarios ... Realmente puede haber muchos problemas y no todos están relacionados con los problemas del juego. El problema está solo en la pc.

deja de hablar estupideces, no digas siempre que "la culpa es de tu pc"

TheAlmighty    1,054
5 hours ago, navixaion said:

deja de hablar estupideces, no digas siempre que "la culpa es de tu pc"

Este error no está relacionado de ninguna manera con el cliente del juego. A veces, incluso limpiar la PC del polvo ayuda. Entonces, hay docenas y docenas de problemas que pueden conducir a esto.