Sign in to follow this  
RawBean

client error (crestlichrider.pak)

RawBean    1

hello guys! After a client update, I keep getting this error when trying to start the game. I repaired the client 3 times but it doesn't seem to work. Any idea for a fix?

thanks in advance

642fdc22b5d72_DesktopScreenshot2023_04.07-12_01_34.67(2).png.5593d623e7baf061c8914b5df5e49f61.png

RawBean    1

unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. I tried it 2 times and 1 time while deleting the whole "sounds" folder but still nothing. The client updates and it keeps giving me the same error

sophisticated    241

1. Close game and launcher.
2. Add the game to the white list of all your antimalware programs inclusind Windows defender and in firewall. Reboot the PC.
3. Right ckick on the game folder -> Properties -> Remove the checkmark from the attribute "read only" -> OK. Start the launcher.

Tell me, please, have you downloaded the updated launcher? Also you can try direct download - crestlichrider.pak 

RawBean    1

yes, the launcher is the updated one. Tried everything you said but for some odd reason nothing works. I copied the aion folder to another drive and ran it from there just in case it was a pathing issue after all but that didn't work either

sophisticated    241

Something is blocking access to the files. Please make sure once again that the game is not blocked by antivirus, firewall, windows defender and that the "read-only" checkbox is unchecked from the game folder.