Spongebob

Cursor/Camera bug

Spongebob    0

Hi, as you can see in the video below I'm slowly moving my mouse and spamming rightclick and both my cursor and camera are jumping, I've already tried all ingame camera speeds, changed nvidia driver, disabled container, turned off all overlays, mouse driver and all 3rd party softwares, tried 32 and 64 bit, both game engines, changed resolution, fullscreen, windowed, borderless and it's still doing that. If anyone knows of a fix it'd be really appreciated.
Playing on latest windows 10 version but it's been happening for a while.

Edited by Spongebob
forgot to mention windows version

Christof    72

Hey @Spongebob, could you please tell me which Nvidia drivers did u changed? try the latest ones might be wrong, if it persists there's definitely something behind this, try to search if something is blocking it might be something running in the background, after all of this and it still lagging you could try to reinstall windows might be a good option here.

Spongebob    0
7 hours ago, Christof said:

Hey @Spongebob, could you please tell me which Nvidia drivers did u changed? try the latest ones might be wrong, if it persists there's definitely something behind this, try to search if something is blocking it might be something running in the background, after all of this and it still lagging you could try to reinstall windows might be a good option here.

There's no "lagging" going on, it's just my cursor and camera jumping.
i have nvidia driver 456.71, i already tried opening aion without anything running in the background and I did reinstall windows, nothing helped at all.

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello,

This usually happens with the overlays provided by the other programs. Overwolf of teamspeak causes this issue even when it is not actively running. Discord and recording programs have overlays as well. 

Spongebob    0
1 hour ago, TheAlmighty said:

Hello,

This usually happens with the overlays provided by the other programs. Overwolf of teamspeak causes this issue even when it is not actively running. Discord and recording programs have overlays as well. 

I've already opened the game with no other programs running, I disabled windows xbox overlay and also tried it with an old mouse, the problem persists.
After looking more into it, the cursor jumps to the middle, I've seen people complaining about this problem on WoW forums, apparently it's an old problem.

If anybody knows the reason this only happens to some people but not others please let me know.

Edit: I tried this on retail 8.x and classic and this issue doesn't happen on either, however it's happened to me on all 4.x clients.

Edited by Spongebob

RevreDy    8

Hey, try going into mouse settings on pointer options and disable Enhance pointer precision also on Euro Aion properties compatibility and disable everything if the problem persist try playing around wit the compatibility mode, also you must restart the game every time you make a change to make sure they are all aplied corectly, waiting for your update about how it goes.

thanks

Spongebob    0
38 minutes ago, RevreDy said:

Hey, try going into mouse settings on pointer options and disable Enhance pointer precision also on Euro Aion properties compatibility and disable everything if the problem persist try playing around wit the compatibility mode, also you must restart the game every time you make a change to make sure they are all aplied corectly, waiting for your update about how it goes.

thanks

Tried like 10 combinations of compatibility settings, no difference whatsoever, pointer precision doesn't change anything either.

RevreDy    8
38 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

Tried like 10 combinations of compatibility settings, no difference whatsoever, pointer precision doesn't change anything either.

hmm I'm not asking about game files check I'm preaty sure you made it right?

I'll do my best searching it further and I will inform you

reakt    0

Hey, did you find a solution for this?

This lag is getting a bit annoying :( 
So as I tried to search for the answer on this it seems that it is not affected not only by the drivers but is caused by the windows itself starting from the build 1803 and people were stating that the only way to fix this is to revert back to 1709. 
It could be the case because not only AION is affected but some WOW players also complain about the same issue. 

What I found is this lads github: https://github.com/zzsort/Aion-Version-Dll - but as I understand I can't pass the arguments to .bin could there be any chance admins could compile new launcher .exe for me to test? 

PS: I am running the game on old Radeon card r9 380 so no nvidia driver downgrade for me :D 

Andy085    0

Is this issue solved? 
Anyway, i found a solution (I think) as it works for me, it still does it quite rarely
Under the Pointer options, not only disable the enhanced precision but also "Hide pointer during Typing"