TheAlmighty

Attacks on the server

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello, dear players

DDOS.thumb.jpg.f774735344b64b6a668d63619aa1cb6d.jpg

As many of you may have noticed, the server has been unusually unstable for last several days. Such condition is caused by the attacks on the server.

Over this period, we've been constantly dealing with the issue, so, please, refrain of thinking that we are not aware of the issue or that we are just waiting for it to pass.

This is not the first attempt to harm the server(and I'm sure not the last). All previous attacks were successfully eliminated and the server continues its journey. And this time the story will repeat. However, we will have to face a number of difficulties and unpleasant moments playing the game. Eventually, the attacks will be over.

Over the time working on the server, we have closed dozens of exploits in the protection system created by the game developers. With each attack the number of the exploits narrows. As a result the server will keep its stable work and will be even more protected.

Our protection system

I would also like to give an answer to the comments as "set an anti-ddos system".  We've always had a good anti-ddos system which works around the clock and it has never been disabled. Unfortunately, no anti-ddos protection can deal with the exploits in the game server itself. Our developer team is dealing with these problems by other means. 

At the same time, anti-DDOS system requires some time to block all attacking addresses. It cannot be done in just one move. That's the reason for disconnects appeared in the start of massive attack. After the maintenance on the anti-ddos protection, all the attacking IPs are blocked and can no longer be a threat. Therefore the attackers have to keep updating their botnet to proceed with attack.

Current server condition

Sadly, we cannot guarantee 24/7 stability of the server yet. There is a chance that we will be forced to perform urgent and more frequent restarts, sometimes without any warnings. Please, keep it in mind when you're going for dungeons and other game activities. 

After we deal with these issues, the players will be provided with a compensation for the inconveniences.

Thank you for staying with us. Your support and understanding are very important to us.

Connection issues
If you cannot connect to the server, there is a high probability that your IP address is banned by the anti-ddos system. We recommend using any VPN to access the game. While the attacks are not over, we cannot work individually with each IP address.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

hans069    2
the better way would have been to split Game-Server from LogIn-Server and block IPs max. 2 Hours.
most german players cannot play now, because IP-blocked.. VPN with Highping? no thanks!

TheAlmighty    1,046
22 minutes ago, hans069 said:

the better way would have been to split Game-Server from LogIn-Server and block IPs max. 2 Hours.

most german players cannot play now, because IP-blocked.. VPN with Highping? no thanks!

In order to fix the issue you can do the following:
1) use a vpn program
2) change your IP:
   a) if it is dynamic - reboot your router;
   b) if it is static - you will have to contact your internet provider and request IP change.

Eva    27

in my small town, the provider assigns addresses for a very long time, they are tied to the contract (Internet via cable), the provider will not change the IP if some user has problems with some game

• Like 1

ADED    9
1 час назад, TheAlmighty сказал:

1) use a vpn program
2) change your IP:
   b) if it is static - you will have to contact your internet provider and request IP change.

Are you serious? What are you thinking when giving people such useless advices? Your anti-ddos prove itself useless against ddos, and even much worse - it banned almost all of proxy's (and many individual IP's too). Plus this insanity gets worse and worse.

What's the point in chainging IP? Oke, player changes his IP. And then just gets another ban tomorrow. And so on. Do you get it?

Anyway - it's YOU who banned people's IP's without a reason, and it's obviously YOU who must deal with outcome. The only way to save this project - is to finally FIX "anticheat/antiddos" + UNBAN every single IP.

Users can't fix YOUR ban spam by IP, but what is even more important - they shouldn't. 

What do you choose? Will you cure this fatal disease, or keep ignoring symptoms and wait until every single IP will get ban?

Edited by ADED

ADED    9
1 час назад, Eva сказал:

in my small town, the provider assigns addresses for a very long time, they are tied to the contract (Internet via cable), the provider will not change the IP if some user has problems with some game

Pff, obviously. Anyway - even they did it, there is no guarantee that your new IP will not get ban tomorrow. This "andvice" was absurd from the start. What really must be done - is simple UNBAN at least ur IP adress. They did it to you - without any sane reason - and only they can really fix that mistake.

Oke, time will show us which force will prevail - current insanity or the voice of mind.

Edited by ADED

zcpplayer    7

So some players are playing the game getting gp, getting money having fun, other players are IP banned. How is that fair ? So ur sollution is to reset my router ? really? please stop server for 1 week, fix it and run it again. 2 months constant lag now im IP banned.

Passolini    9
1 minute ago, zcpplayer said:

So some players are playing the game getting gp, getting money having fun, other players are IP banned. How is that fair ? So ur sollution is to reset my router ? really? please stop server for 1 week, fix it and run it again. 2 months constant lag now im IP banned.

Welcome to the club! ^^

zcpplayer    7

so will some admin answer us or ? will i be able to play the game again, 3rd day no answer. Ur answer is to restart my router ? 812cf35vt=

ADED    9
34 минуты назад, zcpplayer сказал:

so will some admin answer us or ? will i be able to play the game again, 3rd day no answer. Ur answer is to restart my router ? 812cf35vt=

One of them just marked my message with anti-ddos services by "confused" sign, while other one threatened me with forum mute. Just because I tried to keep players from wasting time and money by following admin's advices.

Edited by ADED

asdf hasam    1
20 hours ago, ADED said:

Are you serious? What are you thinking when giving people such useless advices? Your anti-ddos prove itself useless against ddos, and even much worse - it banned almost all of proxy's (and many individual IP's too). Plus this insanity gets worse and worse.

What's the point in chainging IP? Oke, player changes his IP. And then just gets another ban tomorrow. And so on. Do you get it?

Anyway - it's YOU who banned people's IP's without a reason, and it's obviously YOU who must deal with outcome. The only way to save this project - is to finally FIX "anticheat/antiddos" + UNBAN every single IP.

Users can't fix YOUR ban spam by IP, but what is even more important - they shouldn't. 

What do you choose? Will you cure this fatal disease, or keep ignoring symptoms and wait until every single IP will get ban?

You make very good points. How ever i feel, there is no point in being angry about the current ddos situation. Just stop playing the server, thats all we can do sadly. i still frequently check up on the server, for i have hope they will move past those problems and we will be able to enjoy it again, at some point in the future. 

• Like 1

Phoenix    8
21 hours ago, TheAlmighty said:

1) use a vpn program
2) change your IP:

Enlighten me please, if you want your players (thousands of them) to go through the process of changing their IP constantly (something which some of them can't do because of their ISP) doesn't it mean that the Attacker can do the exact same thing, hence making this whole hustle pointless?

What is stopping Godxd (the ddoser on Asmo side Lv9 Sorc) who announces the DDOS literally seconds before it happens to do the EXACT SAME thing to bypass your protection and keep DDOSing the server?

Didn't this happen yesterday even after you implemented the new protection? He shut down the server after Siege (on EB time, hence why you had to gives tens of EB Reset scrolls today) while typing on LFG how much he likes Lulu.

The change you made yourselves killed the will of the players to play the server more than anything in the server's history, more than people jumping to GC, more than the server fire, more than random GP reset, more than the DDOS itself. They can't play the game, the administration itself does not want them, they are not welcome.

And do not kid yourself, they are your customers, you are not doing anyone a favor. You are making thousands of € out of it monthly. I doubt you could make even the 1/10th of that in real life.

• Like 2