Sign in to follow this  
CowBell

Gathering or Crafting changes

CowBell    32

Hi,

Had similar post about this in Discord, but no one from administration reacted to it, so I will try once again here. 
I do have on my character maxed Essencetapping (499), Aethertapping (499) and right now 508 in Armorsmithing. Also I realize that when it comes to crafting most people doing Cooking or Alchemy (food/scrolls) because it's easy money and items goes well in economy. What about all other crafts? It is very visible even if you run through crafting zones that almost no one is doing anything except my previously mentioned crafts. To me reason is clear - to make worth selling items in Weaponsmithing, Tailoring or Armorsmithing takes huuuuge amount of luck, recourses and kinah. Time wise it is not worth at all, so you have chunk of game content sitting there useless.    

What I want to suggest to server admins - change max gathering level to 510 for example, so we can gather all 499 faster and without annoying fails. If thats not possible - change success rate and gathering speed for those 499 resources. Just do something to speed up this process. 

PS. i'm not asking better crafting success rates, because I like gathering process itself, just cannot stand anymore this gathering for two hours to be able to make yellow lvl 65 item.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

utterbitter    33
16 hours ago, CowBell said:

Hi,

Had similar post about this in Discord, but no one from administration reacted to it, so I will try once again here. 
I do have on my character maxed Essencetapping (499), Aethertapping (499) and right now 508 in Armorsmithing. Also I realize that when it comes to crafting most people doing Cooking or Alchemy (food/scrolls) because it's easy money and items goes well in economy. What about all other crafts? It is very visible even if you run through crafting zones that almost no one is doing anything except my previously mentioned crafts. To me reason is clear - to make worth selling items in Weaponsmithing, Tailoring or Armorsmithing takes huuuuge amount of luck, recourses and kinah. Time wise it is not worth at all, so you have chunk of game content sitting there useless.    

What I want to suggest to server admins - change max gathering level to 510 for example, so we can gather all 499 faster and without annoying fails. If thats not possible - change success rate and gathering speed for those 499 resources. Just do something to speed up this process. 

PS. i'm not asking better crafting success rates, because I like gathering process itself, just cannot stand anymore this gathering for two hours to be able to make yellow lvl 65 item.

Thanks.

I am almost certain it is not possible but if it can be done it would be extremely nice.

Grimmzard    5

++++ I am trying to craft exalted bow and atm, and for one of the steps I need 3k green pakiras and 3 k green ancient aether (that's a bit easier cuz of Ides that i can change) but still.....and yea my friends are pissed cuz I'm spending more time gathering than pvp around with them....

CRAFTERS LIFES MATTERS !!!! hlp us xD

Ellowain    73

Agreed. This server is extremely mats limited. On other servers you can find lv499 items on broker, but here that's impossible. Cratfers can't gather 3000+ lv499 items to proc the high level items.

MMOs are created to be a community game where you must rely on other players to run things like SWB and craft- no one can play an MMO solo. But crafters on this server are screwed because patch will never update and give us a higher gathering level.

This game needs crafters (running scrolls and potions don't magically come from trees), so could you do us a favor? Everybody wins.

If it's not possible- can you at least answer here? I saw the question ignored on discord. With so many Admin+helpers, that's pretty sad.

• Like 1

Christof    72

Greetings @Ellowain, I really liked your suggestion and your pov about the problem but we can not change the 4.6 game base, the crafts in this version aren't easy, might be some difficult and boring content but certain players needed it. On the other way for example if you check the prices of the materials or proc items are insanely expensive and players can make insane amounts of kinah if you're really dedicated.

Regards, Christoff.

Ellowain    73

Hey Christof, 

I hear you loud and clear on the proc rate items (I do make kinah this way:), but what Cowbell means is the essencetapping/aethertapping level cap, specifically. Is there any way to allow the cap to be shifted from 499 to 510? It will not affect the proc rate, but will simply reduce the fail rate so that we crafters can gather the mats we need in this patch for crafting things like sets or armor, rather than just rings/rods/belts. 

I know game edits are possible here (ie. the mounts and the fortuneer lv cap to join), would admin consider this edit as well? 

EDIT: If it's impossible to raise the gather level cap, then it's impossible. I just want to be sure we are talking about the same thing; gathering level cap and not crafting level cap.

Either way, thanks for at least answering. Lately I feel like the gods are dead here. lol.

Edited by Ellowain

CowBell    32
On 4/1/2022 at 3:41 PM, Christof said:

Greetings @Ellowain, I really liked your suggestion and your pov about the problem but we can not change the 4.6 game base, the crafts in this version aren't easy, might be some difficult and boring content but certain players needed it. On the other way for example if you check the prices of the materials or proc items are insanely expensive and players can make insane amounts of kinah if you're really dedicated.

Regards, Christoff.

@Christof, sorry but I must STRONGLY disagree with your implications that gatherers can sell materials and make insane money.
Its "insanely expensive" in first place because no one is gathering, it takes too much time and effort. 
Even if we had healthy amount of gathered materials in broker - where from kinah should come to the crafters (whos already almost non-existing type of players besides cooking/alchemy) who supposed to buy these "insanely expensive" materials and HOW that crafter should get money back from items he makes if you cannot pass yellow item tier in your journey to mythic craft?
I would rather have 30 chars and do snowballs or shugo type events, then just make truly insane amounts of kinah than gather, what you are saying just makes no sense nor helps any crafter :/ 
On top of that add these "amazing" pvp events where you can dream about gathering and not getting zerged by bunch of 2-3 star officers. 

If thats not possible to solve - just say it loud and clear, we will be done with crafting question. 

Edited by CowBell

Grimmzard    5

.......or u can implement Morphing recipe for higher tier materials, because its much easier to obtain Ancient aether by gathering and converting Ide to aether