Sign in to follow this  
Ziffa

How to boost FPS

Ziffa    18

If you have potato pc this guide could help you get more FPS

Before proceding,go into Aion graphics settings and make sure to change everything to low or tuning as you like

Step 1 : Download NOTEPAD 32BIT  /  NOTEPAD64BIT

Step 2: Move to Aion directory, right click on "SystemOptionGraphics" and click "edit with Notepad ++" (better make a backup file if you do something wrong)

1.png

2.png

Step 3:At this point,to make any changes, you simply add at the bottom the following command lines (not the one showed in the pic ofc) or the one you prefer,ALL THE LINES NEED TO BE IN CAPS TO WORK

3.png

E_HW_OCCLUSION_CULLING_WATER = "0"            (disable smoothing of water off)

G_SHOWFPS = "1"                                                      (Shows FPS by default when you start the client and login - you can remove that if you want)

R_MULTITHREADED = "1"                      (It might not be working, it should enable the game to stress more threads than just one cpu thread,put the number of threads you have,to check how many threads you have you can google your CPU model or download CPUZ)

SYS_PHYSICS_CPU = "0"                      (Should be zero. You do not want the CPU touching the Physics system)

CA_USEFACIALANIMATION = "0"          (Not sure about this but apparently it should disable facial animation of other characters around you[might not be working with this engine but it won't harm the client for being there                    

G_MAXFPS = "0"                                 (putting 0 means FPS unlocked)

GPU_PARTICLE_PHYSICS = "1"        (Let the GPU handle the physics)

R_TEXTURESTREAMING = "0"          (This option is the most effective. Turning off texture streaming will almost eliminate 99% of all Stutter.)

E_VEGETATION_WIND = "0"            (Should remove the swing,useless effect)

E_STENCIL_SHADOWS = "0"           (Better looking shadows, useless effect)

For each line you add,hit ENTER to move under the next line, after you have done, hit save, then right click on the file, propreties and click on "make read only" to make sure the game don't mess it up.

4.png

NOTES:Considering the Engine limitation and age,some commands could or could not work (this ones are took out of CryEngine commands lines)

You can also play arround with the other commands line :ph34r:, command  lines with 1 means ON and 0 is OFF the others with highter number are linked to in-game graphics settings(low-medium-hight)

Enjoy

Edited by Ziffa
  • Like 1

Conedog    10
10 hours ago, Ziffa said:

You can also play arround with the other commands line :ph34r:, command  lines with 1 means ON and 0 is OFF the others with highter number are linked to in-game graphics settings(low-medium-hight)

This doesn't always apply, the commands you gave are fine tho. (For some commands  "0" can represent "on" or "max value".)

Edited by Conedog
  • Like 1

Ziffa    18
1 hour ago, ZbigniewBrzezinski said:

for what exactly?

G_maxfps need to be 0 to uncap fps, but the rest follow the rules i mentioned above.Probably mg_distance_focus set to 0 to be maxed.

I didn't test them all 

11 minutes ago, Ziffa said:

G_maxfps need to be 0 to uncap fps, but the rest follow the rules i mentioned above.Probably mg_distance_focus set to 0 to be maxed.

I didn't test them all 

In theory, mg_distance_focus is an effect like sharpening the center of field of view and bluring its edges. But im not sure...

Ziffa    18
1 minute ago, ZbigniewBrzezinski said:

In theory, mg_distance_focus is an effect like sharpening the center of field of view and bluring its edges. But im not sure...

yes,probably.

I have it on 0 and don't have that effect so it means off

Spaghet    1

You can add

D3D9_TRIPPLEBUFFERING = "1"
R_TEXTURE_ANISOTROPIC_LEVEL = "8"
D3D9_TEXTUREFILTER = "TRILINEAR"
R_CONTRAST = "0.55"
G_MINFOV = "90"

..to the list. But you have to enable 16x and tripple buffering in nvidia/amd control panel as well. The FOV command works fine.

is 

42 minutes ago, Spaghet said:

You can add

D3D9_TRIPPLEBUFFERING = "1"
R_TEXTURE_ANISOTROPIC_LEVEL = "8"
D3D9_TEXTUREFILTER = "TRILINEAR"
R_CONTRAST = "0.55"
G_MINFOV = "90"

..to the list. But you have to enable 16x and tripple buffering in nvidia/amd control panel as well. The FOV command works fine.

is 90 max fov?

Ziffa    18
55 minutes ago, ZbigniewBrzezinski said:

is 

is 90 max fov?

i'm pretty sure you can't change the FOV trought that, was avaible in 3.0 inside the console,but since the get rid of it,you are stuck with default fov

18 hours ago, Ziffa said:

i'm pretty sure you can't change the FOV trought that, was avaible in 3.0 inside the console,but since the get rid of it,you are stuck with default fov

yes, it didnt change. I tried to add ( g_minfov = "90-170" ) to system.cfg and to systemoptiongraphics.cfg.... nothing works. ShugoConsole is a memory writing program so ActiveAnticheat blocks it like some sort of cheating software.... So we are doomed to play like fckin blind moles)

Spaghet    1
On 9/25/2019 at 11:16 PM, Ziffa said:

I changed mine. Try 120+ It works. Only in the graphics file. Capital letters eveything.

In other news do you guys know the command to change the camera angle like in shugo console? There is an option "Raise camera angle" Ingame but it overkills it too much.

Edited by Spaghet

Konoyaro    60

Disabling texture streaming doesn't seems to be working.

Test config:

Windows 10

i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz

Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB overclocked to 1500mhz / 2250 memory clock

Samsung SSD EVO 840

16 GB DDR 3 @ 1600mhz

Edited by Konoyaro