Sign in to follow this  
Nightwolf

PvP tier list

Nightwolf    0

Hello everyone,

can you guys take a moment and share your thoughts about the state of the pvp meta in 4.6?

I don't remember this patch that well (it was just before I started playing Aion and was too much of a beginner to understand it).

Answering the question will help me decide what class to actually play.

I was thinking to play ranger again but I've seen that people here don't think very high of them.

*** My main focus is group PvP but I will be also doing the crucible arenas.

Thank you

Senju    39
42 minutes ago, Nightwolf said:

Hello everyone,

can you guys take a moment and share your thoughts about the state of the pvp meta in 4.6?

I don't remember this patch that well (it was just before I started playing Aion and was too much of a beginner to understand it).

Answering the question will help me decide what class to actually play.

I was thinking to play ranger again but I've seen that people here don't think very high of them.

*** My main focus is group PvP but I will be also doing the crucible arenas.

Thank you

The reason why people dont think highly of ranger is because its heavy gear reliant. But mostly of all its by far the hardest class to play and probably to Master as well.
You need to practice slideshot , jumpshot mechanics, animation cancelling your skills. Perfect distancing and kiting towards and away from your opponent. I respect Good Rangers a lot , because I know that they've practiced a lot to get were they're at now. But dont be discouraged , you can look up some video's on youtube on how to slideshot , pvp rotations, I suggest you look up some video's of Kupyd and copy his style. The best ranger I've ever seen. The pvp meta for 6V6 group pvp is based of heavy single damage or aoe damage dealers like gunners and gladiators with 2 clerics and a cc class like a spiritmaster who can cc the opposite clerics or healers. Sadly I do not think that Ranger has any place in 6V6 , I believe its simply too inferior compared to other single target damage dealers. So sadly Rangers dont really have any space in a heavy competitive 6V6 environment. But its a great class to have fun with your friends in Open world or playing Solo. So dont be discouraged , this class just requires more practice, time and effort. But you can do it. Good luck!

• Like 1

Nightwolf    0

Hello Senju, 

thanks for the reply.

I agree, ranger is indeed very hard to master and in the right hands is a forced to be reckoned with.

In group pvp I used to struggle when my premade went against hardcore players because ranger is way too squishy and you'd be putting too much pressure on the cleric.

Where I find the ranger to be lacking is in close quarters and there are many of those currently in aion's pvp instanced.

If the map doesn't allow the ranger to remain at distance and gives no room to kite, then it can't do anything.

In solo pvp is very nice... I had tons of fun with it.

I don't know, I was thinking of starting a templar because plate armor look sexy and the playstyle is awesome but I'm rather discouraged by the fact that it requires too many sets (although I don't see why... because in group pvp you won't get targeted anyways...crit/accuracy should be enough for groups).

Sorc is cool too because of nukes but it's a dress-wearing (and cast time) class and I don't do dresses. ^_^

Gladiator is pretty ok but that dude don't do well in solo without a pocket cleric.

I tried AT on a friend's account and that class just kicks ass (many pros, few cons) but it's ugly... if the robot was smaller and wouldn't take away all my screen in tight spaces, I would have started one immediately. The robot has it all (not sure how it handles group pvp... maybe to disrupt the enemy's cleric).

(I also tried to level a gunner but that class is insanely boring due to its lack of complexity).

Nightwolf    0

Hmm....I think I'll stick to my ranger.

Seeing what people were saying about ranger here, I was thinking I'd get rofl stomped just by logging in. :D

I've played all classes when I was being tormented by the p2w shackles of gameforge and the life of a ranger was hard but rewarding in the end.

Winning duels or 1v1 arenas against plates for example (and not just any plates, I'm talking serious people) was very satisfying. Ofc there are some people you just can't beat no matter what.

Also, I was taken in most groups once people saw I can handle my own. In the end, since Aion always was a small community, when people see that you're serious, they're starting to trust you and invite you everywhere.

Also, ranger relatively cheap to gear. Only one pvp set (crit/macc) with two bows (blind and silence gs) and one atk/crit pve set.

Well, thanks for advice guys!