Sign in to follow this  
Qrva

4,8 update ???

Qrva    1

Question for Developers of this server. Are there any plans and when to upgrade server to 4.8 ?  
I am asking this because 4.8 was THE MOST BALANCED patch in Aion's history. Many PvP balances , class and skills changes which were much needed in pervious patches. Many classes got their identity back and so on.. 

Maybe a better solution would be to update Skills/Classes to 4.8 but leave content of 4.6. That way we can enjoy the good content and good class balance. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello,

Updating just part of the client will be a bigger problem than installing another patch. We do not want the game to work half correctly with only half of the update. 
Regarding the virsion itself, we do not have this in our plans now, as there's no good version 4.8 and we are not working with broken java clients. 

• Like 2

crypted    30
19 hours ago, TheAlmighty said:

Hello,

Updating just part of the client will be a bigger problem than installing another patch. We do not want the game to work half correctly with only half of the update. 
Regarding the virsion itself, we do not have this in our plans now, as there's no good version 4.8 and we are not working with broken java clients. 

as if the actual patch works 100% ! theres so many bugs in this patch that u could fix, but simply, u dont have the knowledge and say its not possible.... poor administration....

TheAlmighty    1,046
4 minutes ago, crypted said:

as if the actual patch works 100% ! theres so many bugs in this patch that u could fix, but simply, u dont have the knowledge and say its not possible.... poor administration....

Could you please provide the proofs of the bugs? 

Nightwolf    0

Hello there,

let me jump in real quick on that and say that there's this weird bug that moves the camera on a different direction.

For example, I am walking normally or fighting someone with the camera fixed on my target and while doing that, I find myself after a split second facing somewhere else.

It's like one or more frames were lost.

My ping is stable at 19-20ms and there are no packets lost during that time frame (I've checked).

As for the 4.8, I also agree we should have it here.

That version brought many balance changes and visual improvements on the game.

It removed katalam which sucks but overall I believe it's better... plus people played 4.6 for a while now. Maybe it's time to move forward?!

Booblik    116
25 минут назад, Nightwolf сказал:

Hello there,

let me jump in real quick on that and say that there's this weird bug that moves the camera on a different direction.

For example, I am walking normally or fighting someone with the camera fixed on my target and while doing that, I find myself after a split second facing somewhere else.

It's like one or more frames were lost.

My ping is stable at 19-20ms and there are no packets lost during that time frame (I've checked).

As for the 4.8, I also agree we should have it here.

That version brought many balance changes and visual improvements on the game.

It removed katalam which sucks but overall I believe it's better... plus people played 4.6 for a while now. Maybe it's time to move forward?!

If I understand correctly, then you agree to version 4.8 only because of the skills of the classes?

Nightwolf    0

As I mentioned, yes, only for the balance changes (AND visual improvements).

Content wise, 4.6 may have better content but 4.8 is good too.

If we're to put weight both with the good and the bad, I'd say the balance hands more on the 4.8 side.

Booblik    116
1 час назад, Nightwolf сказал:

As I mentioned, yes, only for the balance changes (AND visual improvements).

Content wise, 4.6 may have better content but 4.8 is good too.

If we're to put weight both with the good and the bad, I'd say the balance hands more on the 4.8 side.

If we take something from 4.8, then here the list of limitations as a list of innovations is long. If you transfer only skills, then we can assume that the frog at the bards, the mirror at the guards, shooting at the snipers and much more, lose their meaning, since these skills will not have animation and will work incorrectly.

Nightwolf    0

Let's go at it this way: I'd rather have 4.8 with all it brings rather than 4.6 with all it has.

In my opinion we'll get more than we loose but since that's subjective, everyone must decide for himself.

What's certain is that we can't play 4.6 forever.

Christof    72

Yes..., but we don't have intention to change for 4.8 at the moment, but who knows in the future.

Meilo    8
On 19.7.2021 at 2:06 PM, Booblik said:

If we take something from 4.8, then here the list of limitations as a list of innovations is long. If you transfer only skills, then we can assume that the frog at the bards, the mirror at the guards, shooting at the snipers and much more, lose their meaning, since these skills will not have animation and will work incorrectly.

I mean, can´t you just download a higher version 4.8+++ and extract the animations out of the .pak folders?

Booblik    116
22 часа назад, Meilo сказал:

I mean, can´t you just download a higher version 4.8+++ and extract the animations out of the .pak folders?

This version supports the following game aspects:

1) new weapons
2) new mountable pets
3) new character pets
4) new skills with some restrictions
5) new monsters
6) character hats

When the client changes are required (global change):

1) the ability to add character armor from version 5.0+
2) the ability to add new emotions

In patch 4.8, it became possible to partially apply effects from other versions. At the moment this function is not available ... a new effect cannot be added, even by modifying an existing one.

xevii    2

Personly I think updating to 4.7/4.8 Is needed eventually otherwise you will end up loosing people. Once your fully geared up with every set you could want what else is there to do. Pvp ofc or make new char etc but eventually that will get a little boring for some/most I would say every few months putting it in a poll or something if server should get updated. 4.8 was a good patch I think it would do good for the whole server  

Edited by xevii

Sailorhuhn    5

Taking away the best pvp maps this game had won't do much good.

Sarpan will be lost, so probably no more duels at Recharger. In addition Tia, Katalam, Danaria and Underground will be lost... for Signia and Vengar? Definitely not worth it! Those two new maps weren't all that good. I don't know for sure if Akaron and Kaldor were added in this patch too, but even those weren't as lively as the previous maps.

In the end it was the Patch 4.6 that got most of the people to play here and not any other version.

Edited by Sailorhuhn
  • Like 1

Kamai    72
7 hours ago, Sailorhuhn said:

Taking away the best pvp maps this game had won't do much good.

Sarpan will be lost, so probably no more duels at Recharger. In addition Tia, Katalam, Danaria and Underground will be lost... for Signia and Vengar? Definitely not worth it! Those two new maps weren't all that good. I don't know for sure if Akaron and Kaldor were added in this patch too, but even those weren't as lively as the previous maps.

In the end it was the Patch 4.6 that got most of the people to play here and not any other version.

you lost katalam/danaria/sarpan/tiamranta for akaron, kaldon signia and vengar

Stop crying about tiamaranta and sarpan becasue 100% you went sarpan just for stigma quest and tiamaranta for daily heart sieges
UG you didnt lost, its just solo PVE map. Atm getting endgame gear is work for 2-3 months (not inclouding making accesories to +5) and patches 4.7/4.8 are giving so many good things.
- new gears

-ap extend weapons

-+20 weapons

-new godstones

-great stigma rework

also admins will have more events 

• Haha 1

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello,

We have already replied here that it is not just about wanting and not wanting. The answer to the question was already given here explaining why we can't do what you're requesting. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1