Sign in to follow this  
Poela

Strange IDE Crystal Drop Rate

Poela    4

Hey all, 

Just for fun, I estimated the drop rate for the Strange Ide Crystal, dropped from Idian Depths, Elyos ghosts and Ksilids mobs. The results is shown in the video below. ;)

Happy farming!

Poela, Elyos Chanter

Kamai    72

Ok but i have question, did you make it on weekend with 2x rates on?, have you on one of those energy from afking (same as from tea)

Poela    4

Hey Kamai, 

Indeed, you're correct. Those factor would influence the final results. To get a "clean" data as much as possible, I also used an alt which was positioned at the spots mentioned and I would only collect data (on both chars) whenever the energy of repose is on. Further, I did the data collection during the week days.

With that said, then there's still the 5% extra drop rate due to the Energy of Repose. However, it seems to me that the 5%ER acts on top of the actual drop rate of the item. For example, is an item has 10% of drop chance, with ER it won't become 15%, but rather 5% on top of the 10% (less than 11% in total). That would be negligible at the end. But on any event, I added that uncertainty buffer to the results:

So, in summary:

Kselids -- 2.5% to 5%

Ghosts -- 5% to 8%

Idian Depths -- 10% to 15%

A new edition: Worn Skeletons in Katalam - Could be anywhere between 8% to 12%! (not included in the video)

Well, it's hard to give a precise number, but this might be in the right direction . ;)

Cheers, 

Poela, the Elyos chanter.