Sign in to follow this  
bambiche

Fix the dodge issue

bambiche    26

Hello, 

i don't even want to see if there is another post about this subject because it pisses me off and i'm definitly not the only one.

People are dodging non stop. coop, discipline, jmr, kamar, pvp SWB anything. They dodge because they want their gp (even some of the highest ranked  abyss player), they dodge because they want to climb the top player ladder. People cannot stream, people cannot hide the fact they apply.

Please code something so when u got entry, it automatically makes you enter. 

And yes i know about dced or urgency pass but this is a 0.1%  rare case compared to the non stop dodging. If you are not ready to apply for a pvp format you shouldn't. But the dodging stuff really has to stop.

best regards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Windy    38

Just remove the rankings on the website. This would remove most of the dodging instantly. People camp Arena entrances for hours stalk and dodge people just because of that stupid ranking. The rewards aren't even good. Players who win in rankings are already max geared/full of cash/titles/mounts anyway so just remove them. On retail Arenas were fun even without a ranking and I've never experienced the dodging I've experienced here.

Haku    29

It's true the ladder exacerbates the problem, but the GP reset has made it a lot worse and it now also extends to 6v6 and 12v12 where it didn't use to be as much of a problem, so removing ladder won't really do much at this point. Dodging was also a problem on retail - I had quite a few times where enemies would leave arena after seeing my group and there were complaints in the official forums from other groups who had the same issue. Or when you could see opponent names at the start of 6v6 some groups would apply with a burner character that would check if the entry was "safe" and the rest would not enter if they didn't think they could win.

Tldr; as long as there are loopholes, people will abuse the system.

Ladder is nice because it promotes a bit of competition, but atm that competition is more about whether you didn't get dodged or not which is just silly. Arguably, if you remove the pvp ladder the only ranking will be the abyss rank which will not help anyone (rank tryhards will still dodge, ladder tryhards might quit since there are almost no good fights to be had anyway).

Screenshot attached from discipline yesterday btw :)

dodgers.PNG

Edited by Haku
  • Like 1

bambiche    26

It's arguably way more inclined about dodging for gp these days. 

Removing the ladder won't change anything, got dodge 6 times yesterday (3 coop 2 kamar 1 jmr); this happens everytime and it was the very beginning of the season so ladder consideration was out of the calc. 

bambiche    26

Can we have a clear answer from the staff once and for all?

I know this is a sensitive subject for u guys but we are beginning to lose patience

Christof    72

Hey @bambiche,

We are aware that this type of situation has existed for a long time on our server, but we simply cannot control whether players will pass or not,

as it was in retail many years ago.

But if you have some suggestion to improve this system I'd love to hear your opinion and tell them to the admins.

Windy    38
1 hour ago, Christof said:

Hey @bambiche,

We are aware that this type of situation has existed for a long time on our server, but we simply cannot control whether players will pass or not,

as it was in retail many years ago.

But if you have some suggestion to improve this system I'd love to hear your opinion and tell them to the admins.

I have a suggestion. As said above, remove the ranking system on the website and it will remove a high percentage of the dodges. It's not just about the GP, people really care for those ranks even if they aren't getting first place, they don't want to feed people they don't like points, so they dodge them and try to scam their entries and arena tickets. If you can't code instant entry or removing tickets while applying already (which is kinda impossible), this is the only solution that is left and it is a very simple one. Just remove rankings and you will see 80% of dodging gone.

bambiche    26

hello @Christof

Don't you think that if the system makes you automatically enter, it will solve the problem?

This system has been implemented in many other servers with good effectivness.

Haku    29

@Christof It sounds like you're not aware, but as NancyFox writes several times in discord there seems to be some internal discussion/work on this already:

"We are working on a solution to this problem. We hope to fix this soon." https://discord.com/channels/416536675989323776/486932129800781825/825624117150482443

"Many people ask to make sure that the entrance to the arena cannot be refused. My personal opinion is that the introduction of this function will lead to the fact that players will be more serious about submitting applications to the arena." https://discord.com/channels/416536675989323776/486932129800781825/825651774341775380

"This problem cannot be fixed in 2 days, sorry. Our programmers try to do their best. However, on the PTS client, the changes made are minimal and they must be made very carefully so as not to damage the system and not make even more mistakes.
We hope for your patience and understanding." https://discord.com/channels/416536675989323776/486932129800781825/833599750128795668

As Argothon linked above, the topic has been brought up several times with several different suggestions for how to fix it. Being instantly ported inside is probably the best solution (if you have to go afk you have to cancel queue) since people will be forced to fight if they want their entry's worth, but other servers have also implemented getting the arena ticket refunded if no opponents. This wouldn't fix the issue in 6v6 and 12v12, though.

Edited by Haku