TheAlmighty

Server restart

Houkkii    4

The administrators are clearly at fault, not having spent to have a permanent backup, knowing that players on euroaion pay thousands and thousands of euro with the donation system. People should really think if they should continue to invest in this server

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Teagan    20
1 minute ago, Lilith said:

ça avance dur ce soir ^^

image.thumb.png.ea9dc8da4fb2ea4dc60f7106eef3c9ae.pngimage.thumb.png.b7a6d7a1440fcb609e79348fbed958bd.png

C'est clair! De plus en plus de vert! Ouiii!!!!

• Like 1

TheAlmighty    1,046
12 hours ago, Houkkii said:

The administrators are clearly at fault, not having spent to have a permanent backup, knowing that players on euroaion pay thousands and thousands of euro with the donation system. People should really think if they should continue to invest in this server

Hello,

Who said, that we didn't do any backups? We had additional servers and the backups. And we still have them. They just all got into the zone of the incident, and that's why the server still can't be started. 

• Like 3

Shrr    47

I, too, have a reserve key to my house under the front doors mat. You never know these days.

With ovh making progress got any concrete plans for the upcoming week?

Hello dear EA administration, is there any information about starting the server? Well, is there an exact date or at least approximately? I'm looking forward to the launch, I hope it will launch soon, I want to conquer the Catalams with my Gunner again)))

Kamai    72
18 minutes ago, BrutalDark said:

Servers will be on only after 23 or 24th.

or maybe next next next next year because OVH will have 15 another fires

regulusxs    1

I suggest changing the hosting service even after the server opening. They managed this situation pretty bad. And EA staff should press more for their data and get their server running on another host. My friends almost fulled their gear on another server and i dont think a lot of people are not coming back after all of this time. I hope it gets resolved before server turns into a ghost town.

CookieLover    4
4 hours ago, TheAlmighty said:

Hello,

Who said, that we didn't do any backups? We had additional servers and the backups. And we still have them. They just all got into the zone of the incident, and that's why the server still can't be started. 

So you had a backup server/s at the same location as the original server?...
Usually a backup server should be in a completely different area in case of something like this or a sudden shut down of the company or any incident really.
Storing your server and the backup in the same location... That just seem cheap and wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kamai    72
19 minutes ago, CookieLover said:

So you had a backup server/s at the same location as the original server?...
Usually a backup server should be in a completely different area in case of something like this or a sudden shut down of the company or any incident really.
Storing your server and the backup in the same location... That just seem cheap and wrong.

actually thats OVH fault, i think that you cant change location of backup

Unravel85    1

Je pense que les ca fais chier autant les administrateurs que nous, voir meme plus, et ils font ce qu'il peuvent. Les blâmer ne changera pas grand chose 

Houkkii    4
3 minutes ago, Unravel85 said:

Je pense que les ca fais chier autant les administrateurs que nous, voir meme plus, et ils font ce qu'il peuvent. Les blâmer ne changera pas grand chose 

Yeah sauf que les admins ont plus que les moyens pour éviter que ce genre d'incident ne se produise jamais.

Prevoir un plan de disaster recovery c'est juste basic 

Teagan    20
4 minutes ago, Houkkii said:

Yeah sauf que les admins ont plus que les moyens pour éviter que ce genre d'incident ne se produise jamais.

Prevoir un plan de disaster recovery c'est juste basic 

Je ne suis pas super calée en informatique mais si j'ai bien compris ils ont le/les backups au meme endroit ce qui pose problème.

En parallèle, on obtient peu de réponses ou très évasives à nos questions.

Il y a clairement un manque de communication de la part de nos admins!

On reste dans le brouillard.

Un plan de secours aurait été bienvenu en effet!!!!

Je suis déçue!

Edited by Teagan

Teagan    20
2 minutes ago, Lilith said:

ils travaillent dûr, depuis hier plein repasse en vert:D

Je sais, je suis l'évolution du serveur en temps réel depuis des jours lol

Mais il semble qu'il y ait un soucis au niveau du backup et je ne sais pas vraiment de quoi il s'agit.

On nous communique pas les infos (bonnes ou mauvaises d'ailleurs)

J'ai besoin de comprendre les choses!

• Like 1

Lilith    3
Spoiler
5 minutes ago, Kamai said:

trop de français langue

traduction tu dois utiliser petit scarabée :P

• Haha 1

Dessy    22

they are quiet very slow so i wouldnt expect server to be online before the next weekend or 1th April

Because even if the servers are completly online by the end of the next week the Team and Admins from euroaion have to prepare alot of things to get the game started reboots, fixes and so on 

Its not like that we can just log in if the whole racks are green.

• Sad 1

CookieLover    4
3 minutes ago, Dessy said:

they are quiet very slow so i wouldnt expect server to be online before the next weekend or 1th April

Because even if the servers are completly online by the end of the next week the Team and Admins from euroaion have to prepare alot of things to get the game started reboots, fixes and so on 

Its not like that we can just log in if the whole racks are green.

What exactly you think they need to prepare?
The server was not damaged.
All the systems are in place and just need to be booted up, so realisticly it does not need to take much longer than a normal maintence (about an hour) after the server is up again.
Of course they might have planed an event or some form of "compensation" for down time which could take time to implement. But hopefully they will just open the server up while they work on this event and implement it when it's ready and make an extra server maintence.

• Like 1

Dessy    22
1 minute ago, CookieLover said:

What exactly you think they need to prepare?
The server was not damaged.
All the systems are in place and just need to be booted up, so realisticly it does not need to take much longer than a normal maintence (about an hour) after the server is up again.
Of course they might have planed an event or some form of "compensation" for down time which could take time to implement. But hopefully they will just open the server up while they work on this event and implement it when it's ready and make an extra server maintence.

I hope so .

Well maintence are always good for id reset.

Well but even if this is the case about EA i don't expect the OvH provider in french to get the server online before next weekend .

I wouldn't even surprised if they are offline again after 2-3 days for unexpected things ( which was happening there now 3-4 times ) with several parts SGB1 , 4 

Lilith    3
Il y a 2 minutes, Dessy a dit:

Je l'espère.

Eh bien maintence sont toujours bons pour id réinitialiser.

Eh bien, mais même si c’est le cas au sujet d’EA, je ne m’attends pas à ce que le fournisseur OvH en français pour obtenir le serveur en ligne avant le week-end prochain .

Je ne serais même pas surpris si elles sont hors ligne à nouveau après 2-3 jours pour des choses inattendues ( qui se passait là-bas maintenant 3-4 fois ) avec plusieurs parties SGB1 , 4

Cela me rappel trop les grosses mises un jours sur l’officiel d’Aion a une époque xDOu l’On c’est retrouver avec les compétences d’une autre classe xD