TheAlmighty

Server restart

Kyb    2

Server and data is ok, but how does it take 12 days to connect to the network? Basically only the network cable needs to be plugged into the host. Are they waiting for the internet to be reinvented? I guess someone is not doing their job properly.

Edited by Kyb

ToxicTrash    45
7 minutes ago, Kyb said:

Server and data is ok, but how does it take 12 days to connect to the network? Basically only the network cable needs to be plugged into the host. Are they waiting for the internet to be reinvented? I guess someone is not doing their job properly.

Power supply 20kV and 240V isnt OK - It's not just about plugging in a network cable and pressing the ON button

• Like 1

Kyb    2
36 minutes ago, ToxicTrash said:

Power supply 20kV and 240V isnt OK - It's not just about plugging in a network cable and pressing the ON button

So? Recovering power supplies can take 12 days? 12 DAYS....

This is web server not international shipping company.

Edited by Kyb
  • Like 2

ToxicTrash    45

12 days for the delivery, installation and connection of a high-voltage mini-substation is very fast. Its not a single web-server in the garage. There are a lot of server racks, network equipment, disk arrays etc. 

Kyb    2
6 minutes ago, ToxicTrash said:

12 days for the delivery, installation and connection of a high-voltage mini-substation is very fast. Its not a single web-server in the garage. There are a lot of server racks, network equipment, disk arrays etc. 

Yes, big data center without any emergency plan. Admins please get new server, set old backup and release game before it is too late. Otherwise you lost many players.

TheAlmighty    1,054

Hello dear players,

I am kindly asking you to stop all the havoc here, insulting, arguing, or it may result in warinings and bans. 

That's not something we could be ready for, even working on the servers for more than 10 years. 

• Like 1

TheAlmighty    1,054

Updates:

As published on OVH website, they have again changed the approximate dates for the servers recovery. 
The network and power will be restored by March, 17 and the servers will be restarted gradually on 22.03. The information is not pleasing, but there's not much we can change.
Nevertheless, there's a small possibility, that we will be able to get our data earlier, and we really hope that it will work this way, so we can start EuroAion earlier. 

Hope to see you all soon!

• Like 9

fallcold    6
6 минут назад, TheAlmighty сказал:

The network and power will be restored by March, 17

hi! what does it mean? 

U gona have back up's  17.03 or only 22.03?  O.o

Shrr    47

Should have went with the 03/03 backup last week and back that up with a advertising campaign. Players would have understood. Another week of downtime might be worse (player retention) than one week worth of lost progress. Oh well.

Edited by Shrr

TheAlmighty    1,054
1 minute ago, fallcold said:

hi! what does it mean? 

U gona have back up's  17.03 or only 22.03?  O.o

As I said, maybe we will be able to get our server data earlier than 22nd, maybe not.

• Like 1

Vootan    9
2 hours ago, Kyb said:

I guess somebody wants to play Euroaion so badly here ^^ c:

• Sad 1

Unravel85    1

Bordel mais achetez vous une vie, vous êtes tous en train de pleurer parce qu'il faut attendre le retour des serveurs.. A croire que c'est la fin du monde pour vous, arrêtez de chouiner, de vous insulter, de rager ou de pleurer. Trouver vous un travail et faites comme les autres, attendez. Que vous fassiez des débats a longueurs de journée ne résoudra pas le problème.

Crudster    0

Seeing this below: It does not fill you with confidence. Is the backbone damaged ?(

It's lots of glass fiber cable)

Spoiler

image.png

crypted    30

2 days later, u still cry around about the server.... go take a break, do somthing u havent done for a while.... explore the world or ur neighbourhood.... theres plenty of stuff to do untill the servers are back online.... u discuss about stuff that u cannot have any influence into it..... just grow up alreaday......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Subby    14
On 3/15/2021 at 10:27 PM, Crudster said:

Seeing this below: It does not fill you with confidence. Is the backbone damaged ?(

It's lots of glass fiber cable)

Spoiler

image.png

This is normal to see at all datacenters, no need to worry. 

• Thanks 1

bravolta1    1

Muchas gracias por el esfuerzo que estáis realizando después de lo que ha pasado, todo el mundo debería entender que esto lleva su tiempo y están intentando hacerlo lo mas rápido posible y es lo que hay que agradecer que no se haya perdido nada y que vaya a volver a funcionar.

MUCHO ANIMO 

• Thanks 1

crypted    30
47 minutes ago, Yougan said:

Vote for the server extra coins will not hurt . :D O.o ;) :P

well, i forget it sometimes but, its still coins for free basically, so yeah, votes aint gonna hurt anyone... :D

Dessy    22

Well doesent sound like our servers are up very soon i guess there will be a new delay required 23.03 will be maybe not possible

Belormoroth    17
On 3/17/2021 at 4:48 AM, Teagan said:

Spoiler

Nothing about Euroaion part. I will try to post news about SBG3 if there will be any.

Shrr    47

From what he wrote and said in the video some parts of SBG3 (our racks) need cleaning, wether or not that delays EA's access to backups is unknown. SBG1 and SBG2 have priority and we'll be back up later but within their eta. Fingers crossed.

Desimp    46

He said in SBG3 floors 1-3 are allright and only floor 4-5 faces some problems. So it depends in floor EA is. But from the calendar it says that tomorrow,  SBG 1, 3 and 4 can be started but he said that he has to wait with it because the insurance does not allow it yet. It seems to me like it could be actually up sooner than the 22rd .

• Like 2

Teagan    20

Sounds like if the insurance allows the restart, we can have our server on earlier yeah :x