Sign in to follow this  
Nsn

Sorcerer DPS

Nsn    6

I did some math on this server and thought i'd share.

4IJlP0T.png

Some interesting notes:

• Searing (both short casted and full casted) is both one of the best DPS and DPM (Damage per Mana) skills in the game. You should use this over flame bolt or harpoon as much as you can.
  • Stigma skills such as Flame Spray and Glacial take a huge hit in DPM on their last 1~2 upgrades for only minor DPS boosts. I recommend not using the most upgraded versions of these skills, but the 2nd best upgrade as you will have a better mix of DPS and DPM that way. There are exceptions to this of course, like if you usually play with bard/sw and not concerned about mana.
  • Wind Cut Down does surprisingly well here, I thought it was worse, but it's actually a decent skill. That damage did not include the bleeding effect either.
  • Like 1

Niiirvy    1

Really usefull, i'll use Searing bolt from now. Thx !
Edit : Due to animation, i recommend to use it only at Charge 1

Edited by Niiirvy

Nsn    6
1 hour ago, Niiirvy said:

Really usefull, i'll use Searing bolt from now. Thx !
Edit : Due to animation, i recommend to use it only at Charge 1

I didn't include animation to simplify things a little. With searing full charge you are trading some DPS for DPM.

blackout    15

Good shit.  I used to make tons of charts like these when I played on official, but most of that stuff was lost to aging HDDs and was info I thought I'd never need again. 

Although I do appreciate the post I find its rather incomplete (it may be good for your own use but still you post it on the forum).. For example, you have Ice Harpoon III but not IV, to draw a good conclusion we'd need more levels of the spells.  You did not list flame harpoon, and while you did recommend searing bolt in place, a comparison would be good.  Also, cast speed doesn't affect charging skills like searing bolt, in which case with gloves, scroll, and vaizels up, flame harpoon may be better (haven't tested)--but either way we wouldn't know by the chart.  Also, a quick searing bolt will require another skill behind it before weaving freezing wind, whereas you can always weave fw perfectly behind flameharpoon every time if vaizels is down.

Also, the DPS numbers of the higher stigmas may be in small increments but they are getting multiplied by a players magic boost.  Whether its worth it or not is up for debate but as an example my Flame Spray 6 has a dps of 4,504 (yours is listed at 1560 so we are then assuming base damage with no boost?) when hitting a mob at MB cap (this is not including any cast speed items).  I think a list of DPS @ certain magic boost levels, or at least at cap would be useful.

You have a start here, but it needs a lot of work.

Edited by blackout

Nsn    6
1 hour ago, blackout said:

Good shit.  I used to make tons of charts like these when I played on official, but most of that stuff was lost to aging HDDs and was info I thought I'd never need again. 

Although I do appreciate the post I find its rather incomplete (it may be good for your own use but still you post it on the forum).. For example, you have Ice Harpoon III but not IV, to draw a good conclusion we'd need more levels of the spells.  You did not list flame harpoon, and while you did recommend searing bolt in place, a comparison would be good.  Also, cast speed doesn't affect charging skills like searing bolt, in which case with gloves, scroll, and vaizels up, flame harpoon may be better (haven't tested)--but either way we wouldn't know by the chart.  Also, a quick searing bolt will require another skill behind it before weaving freezing wind, whereas you can always weave fw perfectly behind flameharpoon every time if vaizels is down.

Also, the DPS numbers of the higher stigmas may be in small increments but they are getting multiplied by a players magic boost.  Whether its worth it or not is up for debate but as an example my Flame Spray 6 has a dps of 4,504 (yours is listed at 1560 so we are then assuming base damage with no boost?) when hitting a mob at MB cap (this is not including any cast speed items).  I think a list of DPS @ certain magic boost levels, or at least at cap would be useful.

You have a start here, but it needs a lot of work.

Yep these were done naked. Was just a quick test and thought the DPM results were interesting.