Sign in to follow this  
Seybol

Slideshots with low ping

Seybol    0

Hey guys !

I was playing Aion back in 2013/2014 on retail french server and I had approximatively 60ms ping. Slideshot my skills was a piece of cake.
Now my internet connection has evolved and here on Euroaion I have 16-19ms but slideshots are so difficult. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes not and it's very annoying ... Is the "low ping" the cause of it? Or did I maybe just got really bad at it? 

If the low ping is the cause, does somebody have some tips to slideshots skills much easier in these conditions?  Maybe a stupid question but does somebody use something like WTFast to "increase just a bit" the latency on order to slideshot better ?

Thanks ! ;)

Edited by Seybol

Seybol    0

I did the test. I tried WTFast and connected to a server with a bit of latency. I had 35-45 ms and no problem at all with slideshots.

Senju    39
On 14-12-2020 at 2:07 AM, Seybol said:

Hey guys !

I was playing Aion back in 2013/2014 on retail french server and I had approximatively 60ms ping. Slideshot my skills was a piece of cake.
Now my internet connection has evolved and here on Euroaion I have 16-19ms but slideshots are so difficult. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes not and it's very annoying ... Is the "low ping" the cause of it? Or did I maybe just got really bad at it? 

If the low ping is the cause, does somebody have some tips to slideshots skills much easier in these conditions?  Maybe a stupid question but does somebody use something like WTFast to "increase just a bit" the latency on order to slideshot better ?

Thanks ! ;)

On 21-12-2020 at 3:54 AM, Seybol said:

I did the test. I tried WTFast and connected to a server with a bit of latency. I had 35-45 ms and no problem at all with slideshots.

Slideshots are all about timing. It's not harder to slide on lower ping, that's just an illusion in the human mind. The reason why it's so hard for you to slide at 16-19 ms is because the response time from the server towards your character is most likely on a different speed and perhaps also faster. When I went to Notaion recently for some testing , I've noticed it as well. All skills are much faster with almost no delay in between skills, I don't even need to animation cancel as much like I'm doing here in Euroaion. The auto attack is so cut off in there that I needed 10 min to figure out the timing for the slideshots on 20 ping. The best way and fastest way for me personally is just going to dummies and try to slide there, you'l figure it fast. Just remember the beat and the timing each time you succeed. 

#Slidenation 

Deadlydll    2
On 12/21/2020 at 3:54 AM, Seybol said:

How did u connect to Euroaion server with wtfast? Please tell me ty.

В 25.12.2020 в 17:37, Deadlydll сказал:

How did u connect to Euroaion server with wtfast? Please tell me ty.

Allow custom games then set Aion.bin as the path. Something like User/C:/Program Files (x86)/EuroAion/bin64/Aion.bin (have to type Aion.bin manually).