Sign in to follow this  
blackout

Petition for NO (or very few) events

blackout    15

Petition for no Events (or only very SELECT events).

Yes.. yes, I know some of you will be up in arms about this—but most Aion events are detrimental to the life of the game.

Most events revolve around some sort of RNG mechanism with possible amazing prizes behind the door.. The problem is that as players build up a multitude of characters, many of these items are obtained and sold.  When this happens many players are gearing up just by sitting in Panda or Sanctum instead of actually going to dungeons.  This is bad game design.  One notable, and popular example of this is the snowball event.  We need to never have events like this.

Another popular type of event that Aion likes to release are AFK events.  Get ‘these rewards’ for staying logged in every ‘xxx time’.  Now, I am OK with the first event we had for candy—I think it’s a decent way of giving players a small taste of the shop.  However, what I am more referring to are events that give away items like enchant stones, manastones, and tempering solutions (holy serum I believe its called in EU).  This is HORRIBLE. We had a long event like this before on Gold Aion and it was the final nail in the coffin for my legion (largest English speaking legion there).  Why?  Because it made no sense to go to instances anymore—we got more and better rewards by just afking.. and soon there was no point in playing the actual game.

Lastly, there are smaller events that some of you love… hell, I Love them too.  Things like code red for scrolls.  However, these events are also very bad because they take away value from our crafters.  Not everyone in this game desires to do just 1 thing.  Some people love to craft and make money and when we have events that give away FREE items like this, then it really messes up the economy.

I’ve also seen several PVP events on other servers I’ve been on.  However, most PVP events are flawed because it only leads to players trading kills and the real PVP stops.  The ONLY good type of PVP event is a tournament or arena (if moderated).

The best event (and the only one I can recommend for the longevity of the server) is the birthday cake.  It gives 300% xp, 300% drop rate, and attack/cast speed.  This event encourages players to go out into the world and kill monsters, to farm, and to play the game.

If anybody else agrees, please upvote and sign below.

Blackout

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Peaky    11

I agree. For a long time, we shouldn't see any snowflake events, tempering solution events. I think exp events will be more than enough to start with, maybe even some consumables events too.

• Like 1

globosud    5
On goldaion the event of the boxes in the tiamaranta's eye was very beautiful, 
for the afk events I agree with you, 
the worst event for a private server is shugo tomb
Edited by globosud

Ziffa    18
20 minutes ago, globosud said:

On goldaion the event of the boxes in the tiamaranta's eye was very beautiful, 

for the afk events I agree with you, 
the worst event for a private server is shugo tomb

lol what's wrong with shugo event?

globosud    5
16 minutes ago, Ziffa said:

lol what's wrong with shugo event?

because the open world remains empty, for the whole time of the event, nobody does anything in game, the only thing you do is create new characters and do shugo
  • Like 1

crypted    30

im for NO events, untill we have some sort of a regular player base in LVL 65`s... so atleast ppl who aint so fast with leveling can still participate in future events, with max level...

NO for AFK events AT ALL NEVER! NO shugo dungeon events AT ALL NEVER! NO for snowflake,pumpkin and other events with overpowered rewards AT ALL NEVER! Events must be only in openworld(and only in 4.0+ locations), like STRONK bosses(with good loot), boxes with loot(not very valuable NO 100+lvl ench stones, NO water, NO top composite).

• Like 2

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello, 

Thank you for your suggestions and interest in the server!

From the last project we had, we have drawn some lessons. Event's won't be closed for sure. The question of rewards for events will be decided on the time of their preparation.
We have got your oppinion and taken a note of it.

• Like 2

mister    3

Плиз ненадо. меньше ивентов = дольше жизнь сервера